PDA

View Full Version : Fashmir's watercolor brief

Fashmir
05-30-2006, 09:44 AM
I've posted upon request a short recording of me doing the felt pen watercolor simulation. There is a short video and brief description of what I'm doing.

Please note that the link to the flash version that was displayed in this message is no longer available. Below is an updated link to the quicktime version. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Sethren
05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Is this a Flash video? All i get is a blank screen with your short description above...

Fashmir
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes it is Flash.

Fashmir
05-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Here is a link to a quicktime movie of the same thing. Along with the description from the page I made.

http://www.fashmir.com/AR_Forum/Watercolor_Sim/Watercolor_Sim_media/Watercolor_sim.mov

What you see here is the felt pen tool with all the settings at 100% (Pressure, Softness & Wetness). Each time a new color is applied it is on a new layer. Then I switch the color to pure white with the artpen switch set to off, and work my way back down the layers doing dabs, just tapping the stylus on the surface at varying pressure and scrubbing softly in slightly circular motions. That's the gist of it. Play and fiddle with it until you get something you like.

Sethren
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh Cool! Thanks...... :D

DaveRage
06-19-2006, 01:51 PM
I was just wondering how you'd managed that effect today! Very cool. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to have a play with that =)

UndyingSong
06-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Wow! I've always wondered how you did it! Excellent. It really works. : D

Levent Suberk
10-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Excellent idea.

sergio
11-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Hi Fashmir,

I also posted this in the suggestions forum, but just in case... I wanted to thank you for the great tutorial and show you what I was able to do with your suggestion.

Thank you very much.

Sergio

Fashmir
11-11-2006, 07:19 AM
sergio- That is beautiful. Thanks for posting your work on this. It is nice to see the tech being used to such good effect.

barbara
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Fashmir,
your tutorial (flash and quicktime) is unavailable - the links don't work.. :(
can you post it again, please !
:?

Fashmir
05-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi barbara. I fixed the link to the quicktime version. Regrettably the flash version is no longer available. Let me know if you have any trouble with the quicktime and I'll make every effort to get you up to speed on the technique. That link again is:

http://www.fashmir.com/AR_Forum/Watercolor_Sim/Watercolor_Sim_media/Watercolor_sim.mov

Rowena
04-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Alas, this link is not working anymore Fashmir...
What a pity

Fashmir
04-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Rowena- Sorry I missed this post earlier. I just tried the link and it works fine for me as long as I don't have a java blocker running in my browser. Also you can try right clicking on the link and select "Save target as" or "Save link as" and you should be able to save the quicktime movie to your local disc drive. I hope this helps.