PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Behavior

Taron
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
I called it "cosmonaut" at first, but only because I couldn't quite find the right words to describe, what the picture describes so much better..haha...

Here's my latest...

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/files/cosmonaut_v02_442.jpg

sallybode
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I think you are right, what goes on down here is enough to make anyone sick. Brilliant painting and commentary all rolled into one.

pai
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
I saw this in WIP and already love it. Very imaginative and well painted :)

AndyRage
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
It's a brilliant painting. The radiosity of the blue light is awesome.

heikki
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
:)

Fine Taron,,,, bigbaby who build the earth and earth living forms is crying because those living forms dont live so that earth well fine,,so it is angry and saddness and shaking earth so hard that then comes earthquake,,,now i know how earthquake happens,,,excellent work Taron. :D

:)

speggie
09-10-2007, 12:19 AM
awesome stuff taron .............. fantastic idea well executed ..........really cool work ........... 8) :D

ginem_ginem
09-10-2007, 12:33 AM
great!
love it!

hanzz
09-10-2007, 02:35 AM
brilliant !

I know we asked for more green on earth, but this is not exactly....

This would do well on a poster

PVIllustration
09-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Hi there, Taron

Nice one. It reminded me instantly of a book I'm reading at the moment (I regret not having read it earlier, but such is life...) called The Reality Dysfunction by Peter F. Hamilton.

If you haven't read it already I'm pretty sure you would get a kick out of it.

cheers and thanks for sharing,
Peter

ENCHANTER
09-10-2007, 05:29 AM
I saw this in WIP

The lighting is amazing.... :D

Nika
09-10-2007, 09:09 AM
This baby doesn't seem to be kind to our planet. Why do you call him cosmonaut? Is he Russian? In Russia we call cosmonaut the person who is called astronaut (American version) :D :D
Wonderful image anyway :)

Taron
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
HAHAHA, I was waiting to read what everyone's thinking without me teinting the responses, but that's all too funny, cute and fascinating for me to hold still! :lol:

Fantastic, I really love reading it all, besides the wonderful recharging flattery.

I called it cosmonaut, because of the more direct relationship to the word cosmos as opposed to astro (?), which doesn't make such pretty sense. Besides, that was just my quick working title. The final title "Cosmic Behavior", relates to mankinds arrogance, which sickens itself enough to puke on itself so to say, ruining the very place we live in with our misbehavior, our arrogance and our failior to control the type of obesity we all are guilty of. I'd love to just say "they" all the time, but that would be foolish and just as arrogant of myself and forces everyone, who reads it with the same distance, to ignore the fact that we are all a big organism, guilty of what ever the final outcome of all our doing is.

Anyway, I'm curious about that book "reality dysfunction", I'll look for it, thanks!

Uh, how I love that Earthquake theory, very, very cute! That's just what I love to read interpretations such as this, which are just as creative as everything about the picture itself. I have a hard time flattering myself, because I think this is more of a fun/tragedy illustration than a big piece of creativity.

That brings me to the "radiosity", hehe, yeah, I thought since there isn't much light in that scene I better make the most out of what comes down on it. It's a big fun considering the bounce lights. I probably should have spent more time with it, too, because it could be a whole lot nicer, but then it really has just been an idea. Lots of fun, though! :D

Here's my original thought, which is a little "around the corner", covering a few more aspects of the dilemma we're in right now. I chose a little cherub-type version of men, to aim at more than just mankind itself, but also its beliefs. It's about the overall arrogance, but I've mentioned some of it above already. We could have at least turned our head to throw up, but in our stupidity we even aim at our own world, polluting it with our ignorant urge for convenience, while we behave like babies, expecting that the world is nothing but a toy, not realizing that we sacrifice the one mother we all have in common. In short: mankind = spoiled, missbehaving baby, confuses mother earth as toy and trashcan, soiling ourselves, expecting to be devine and less than one orbit away of having the moon bang against our head? hahahaha....nah... but everything else for sure!

Alrighty... well, I hope I didn't ruin the freedom of thought and perception on this one. :?

THANK YOU ALL very, very much! Your reactions are twice as fun as painting the picture, while that was pretty tremendous fun already! :D

D Akey
09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did that baby just urpsee on the cradle of civilization? Looks like Mesopotamia is getting green again.

Taron
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Man, you even pinpointed it, hahahahaha! Good job! :D