PDA

View Full Version : Light and lace.

waheednasir
09-07-2007, 05:06 AM
greetings..:). i often go back and get in touch with my digital work that i paint in a traditional manner, having traditional/painterly look and themes, like this one, which has been painted in an impressionistic style.

this has all been visualised and painted from scratch, in artrage (artrage-1), using wacom tablet. just a few images of curtains, only for an idea were merely consulted, to get in the mood...:). this is my own composition that i hope u all enjoy looking at.

kindly see it as an environment, more than a just a stilllife. different areas, various stuff and textures/surfaces, the setting/arrangment, light and over all ambience, are the elements i was after.

this was real fun...:).

thank u for stopping by...happy viewing.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/LNL-ar-waheednasir.jpg

Bumble
09-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Wonderful as always Waheed. I love the detail of the lace on the table cloth Excellent :D :D

Nika
09-07-2007, 07:11 AM
Amazing :)

pai
09-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Very beautiful piece.

RobertSWade
09-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Waheed, Waheed, Waheed ... you make it look so effortless. Beautiful as always. And I'm envious as always. :)

Peter Pinckney
09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Even if I could not see your name I would know this is your work Waheed...................superbly painted and like Robert I feel a touch of envy for your talent..........Bravo Sir.

ENCHANTER
09-07-2007, 08:26 AM
beautiful....goes down as a Waheed Classic :D

ginem_ginem
09-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Beautiful work..

shirly
09-07-2007, 08:51 AM
beautiful work!!!!! :lol:

D Akey
09-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Since this was ArtRage 1, it had to be an early work. I can see you had already developed a lot of your signature style (of this phase).

This is fascinating, your showing works that track your style's evolution.

Feels like I'm in a gallery of Cezanne or Mondrian, showing different phases -- the exploratory phase,

the zeroing in phase,

the mastery where changes came more from subject.

And then the switch to the very different landscape phase,

the minutely detailed phase,

then the work for hire phase, where your techniques reflect the demands of the projects and time, where different things are important, like accuracy and communication.

Next we'll be seeing the animation phase, I imagine. :lol:

But it's most useful to be able to track your thinking because being able to do so is perhaps the most valuable tutorial of all. It shows one how to evolve and the reaction and adaptation to the different results you got.

8)

Hope the animation thing is going along well. :D :D :D

screenpainter
09-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Genius. What a beautiful piece. The brush strokes, the lighting, the color...
the work of a modern day master painter. Fantastic stuff Waheed!

Boxy
09-07-2007, 11:47 AM
stunning, you have definitely carved a trade mark :)
boxy

Taron
09-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I honestly envy your ability to squeeze such vibrance out of digital paints! Fantastic and beautiful work... awesome as always, really! :shock:

waheednasir
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
ah...uve all made my day, thank u so much for your presence and so kind comments...:).

bumble, nika, pai, robert, peter, enchanter, ginem_ginem, shirly, d akey, gzairborne, boxy and taron, thank u...:).

d akey, first of all, this is my recently painted piece, just finished it, yesterday...:). its just that i like to stay close and attached with my roots, thats traditional art, style and themes.

d akey wrote:
Feels like I'm in a gallery of Cezanne or Mondrian, showing different phases.

this is great, its an honor for me to have these big names mentioned in my thread in a positive way...:).

again, i really really enjoyed going thru your observation and lines. u definately have a good eye to see things and that too with deep observation and keen interest.

d akey wrote:
But it's most useful to be able to track your thinking because being able to do so is perhaps the most valuable tutorial of all. It shows one how to evolve and the reaction and adaptation to the different results you got.

this is again a big honor, a huge compliment...:).

about the animation phase, yes, ive a plan for sure, but u know, that all depends on free time that i get, as its my personal thing/project. at work, im always occupied with stuff and responsibilites, which dont give me enough time to even think about it. lets see and ill keep you informed. one more thing, it would be a joint effort. as im into the art department, so i handle art direction, color/mood palette, matte paintings, texturing and other work that comes in the bracket of art and painting. ill be doing compositing and lighting and shading (in 3D) as we well. as for animation, cloud simulation, particles, hair/fur, dynamics, i have friends that are too involved in this project with me. so kinda team work...:).
just remember me in your prayers that i get time and a favorable condition...:). and i still have to give my reply on my previous work, im sorry i got very late.

i thank again everyone for this wonderful feedback.

have a lovely day...:).

D Akey
09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
d akey, first of all, this is my recently painted piece, just finished it, yesterday...:). its just that i like to stay close and attached with my roots, thats traditional art, style and themes.

Why are you still using ArtRage-1?

It doesn't seem to have limited you.

Well, good luck with your time and all that. Been there. I know what it's like.

Lucky group to have you as art director. I did that for a time.

I will say a prayer for the script/story. As you know, that's the sensitive part of a whole project.

I'm not too worried about the art under your direction.

:D :D :D

kiwipoppy
09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Stunning detail...this is a truly gorgeous picture

marcotronic
09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Another masterpiece! You really understand how to show three dimensional form and realistic light. Thatīs truly artistic.

marco

marian
09-08-2007, 01:47 AM
A SUPERB WORK OF ART :!: :!: :!:
It is is truly beautiful :!:
Thankyou for sharing it with us :!: :) :) :)

alien23
09-08-2007, 02:16 AM
very beautiful I love your work

Adam Black
09-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Every time you post a piece of art here, it makes me want to break my pencils and throw them away. :lol:

screenpainter
09-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Every time you post a piece of art here, it makes me want to break my pencils and throw them away. :lol:

And get out your paints... I hope.
:D

Adam Black
09-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Not quite. :lol:

Although I should. I have a real hankerin' for painting now.

sallybode
09-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Just perfect, I can smell the flowers!

Selby
09-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Beautiful Waheed :D its like a meditation on the beauty of good homekeeping...it shows the beauty of flowers,fruit and a nice table setting in a way that trancends the individual pieces.

Selby

RobertSWade
09-08-2007, 01:44 PM
[quote=waheednasir]

Why are you still using ArtRage-1?

It doesn't seem to have limited you.

I think not even a rock, a stick and some red ochre would limit Waheed. :)

heikki
09-09-2007, 01:45 AM
:) Fine work Waheed. :)

speggie
09-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Waheed as always matey .a real pleasure .....great stuff with the fruit reflections in the vase ................take care to relax my friend ..work ain't everything you know ................... :wink:

Lagoon
09-09-2007, 08:13 AM
How the shadow develops in the table cloth astounded me. very good pinting, and the flowers also very good done.

waheednasir
09-11-2007, 04:12 AM
woho...lovely feedback this is...:).

D Akey, kiwipoppy, marco, marian, alien23, adam, gzairborne, sallybode, selby, robert, heikki, speggie and lagoon, i thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. really appreciate your visit, time and all the kind words...:).

d akey, yes i do have all the versions, but i dont know, im very friendly with the first one. though every version is great. thanks for your prayers on the story, definately, that must be very strong. otherwise no use...:). thanks for your trust as well.

speggie, good to have u here too. sure, thanks and the secret is, when i want to relax - i paint... :wink:.

thank u again everyone. have a wonderful day.

happy painting...:).

Little_Artist
09-13-2007, 02:53 AM
This is so beautiful =)

waheednasir
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
thank u very much little_artist...:).

cheers.

scribbler
09-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow! This is superb - a level to aspire to!

irishrose
09-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow, from scratch AND from memory! I want to be you when I grow up! This is super, the ambience is lovely! ;)

tinzo
09-25-2007, 04:00 AM
Hi there waheednasir, I agree with you, this is more a 'complete environment' rather than simply a 'still life'. But so very beautifully painted from start to finish. I'm in awe and admiration of your painting skills my friend, wonderful.

screenpainter
09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Breathtaking work. Fantastic painting! So beautiful.

pitchblackwitch
09-25-2007, 06:28 PM
I can't find any words to do this piece of art justice, so I'll jsut leave it at that.

waheednasir
10-10-2007, 01:23 AM
hi, im appologize for replying so late. i thank everyone for their wonderful feedback on this, appreciate your visit and so kind words...:).

scribbler, irishrose, tinzo, gzairborne and pitchblackwitch...thank u friends.

best wishes.

_Lady_Art_
10-10-2007, 01:46 AM
waheednasir your this painting are very wonderful... :) very well done... :) I liked it so much... :) you worked on this by brush and paint roll strokes...it seems so excellent... :)

waheednasir
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
thank u very much _Lady_Art_...:).

cheers.

TobiasRA
01-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Beautiful, Nasir.

waheednasir
02-04-2008, 03:02 AM
thank you TobiasRA...:).