PDA

View Full Version : In The Wind

pai
09-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Just thinking to start another practice beside landscapes. This is the first attempt to do realistic flower painting. Trying to do the flower textures but I think I need to do more practising. Hope you like it. :)

RobertSWade
09-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Who needs realistic when you can do sublime? Your mind is so wonderfully non-linear. This, like so many of your creations, is gallery quality.

screenpainter
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
That is so beautiful Pai. It may even be beyond gallery quality... More like museum quality. So smooth. Your colors are amazing... wonderful.
The composition is masterful and the painting skill is beyond excellent.
Absolutely beautiful!!! A masterpiece really.

pai
09-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Bob and GZ,

Thank you for looking in and those encouraging words and comments :) :) The background maybe a little bit dark. I'm not so sure. :roll:

chrisV
09-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I like looking at this painting. I makes me feel...well... lots of things. I give it three thumbs up :)

I had a cool painting teacher who started out painting wild abstracts early in his career then he went to photorealism. His color studies were works of art because of his use of color. He said painting abstracts for many years gave him a great sense of color. I see this great use of color in all your pieces. Keep up the great work.

erwinsoo
09-01-2007, 05:19 PM
its very nice pai.. and the dark background helps bring out the subject well...

marcotronic
09-01-2007, 07:33 PM
pai, this is simply excellent! The background is perfect (The flowers, too, of course...) I love the dynamics in this painting. Top notch.

Marco

shirly
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
this is the best of all....(i think).....AWESOME!
did you did whole of it in art rage .......n tell me how much time you put into it?

Rowena
09-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I agree with all the others...
This painting is just perfect as it is!

I would feel very proud of the result if I were its author!!!

The colours are magical, in fact I think the whole painting has a wonderfully spiritual quality to it. As if even though the painting appears to be about flowers, it is ultimately about so much more.

It communicates some very refined and intuitive sensibilities imo, and I like looking at it very much!

hanzz
09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
this is one of the better paintings here!

ingie01
09-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Pai,
you mentioned the background as an issue. you may be able to try a gradient going diagonally from top right to bottom left following the light. lighter at top right darkest bottom left.
if you used layers this might be the background layer topped by the flower layer. Hope you understand what I mean......experiment as you often do.
ooh, try keeping the same colors.

Bumble
09-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Wow Pai :shock: these flowers are beautiful.... :D :D 8) Excellent painting Pai.

Aunt_Betsy
09-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Pai, your flowers are exquisite! Wonderful depth. :)

jacktar51
09-02-2007, 06:58 AM
hello pai...this is your best so far I think,the flowering cherry it looks like,I have one in my garden,a very vertical one ,slim like a poplar but the flowers are beatiful, as yours are, and the knobbly twigs just like that in your painting,very well done pai,a nice pleasant to look at painting....Jack.

DoodLS
09-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Hi Pai. So great to see another style from you. You do it so good! It has good colors. An unusual angle. And most of all - that great background. It gives movement and energy to the artwork. Good work! DoodLS

Fashmir
09-02-2007, 08:20 AM
pai- You are reaching new heights in your paintings. This one, as many have said, is exquisite. You've captured the light weight of those petals in the wind and the colors... I am so grateful to have the gift of sight.

Nika
09-03-2007, 05:22 AM
Very different but still beautiful painting. Love it :)

D Akey
09-03-2007, 07:28 AM
I love the flowers.

It looks a bit like the background was painted hastily and just put behind it.

This could be a really fine painting because the flowers are most attractive and carefully handled.

The question to ask yourself when you compose a painting like this is 'How do I see the background as supporting the subject in this painting?'

Jose_Diogo
09-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Congratulations, i see significant progresses in your technique.
A sense of volume and sufficiently competent play of the light.

screenpainter
09-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Pai, it is so beautiful!

Bobbi
09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Fantastic style and colors.

marian
09-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Gorgeous painting Pai :!:
Quite stunning to look at. It looks perfect to me and the background makes the flowers and buds really come alive. I love it :!: :) :) :)

pai
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi Chris V, thank you for the nice comments. Glad you like it. I still like doing abstract kind of paintings because I like to see how colors can create different images and feelings. But I think to improve painting skills, maybe need to learn to do some realistic ones. :) :)

Hi erwinsoo, thanks for looking in and glad you like it. Your paintings are very beautiful which I like a lot and learn from them. :) :)

Hi microtronic, thanks for the wonderful comments and glad you like it. :) :)

Hi shiry, Iím glad you like this painting and thanks for the nice words. I am pretty slow. :oops: I spent around 18 hours for this painting. Almost 2 to 3 hours thinking about how to do the background. Using lots of oil and small strokes. Artrage is the only painting program I know. :) :)

Thanks Rowena for looking in and pleased you like it. Iím happy you felt much more in this painting. This is what I chose the title for it and hoping I can try to paint what it meant. :) :)

pai
09-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi Hanzz, Iím really happy you like this painting and appreciate your encouragment. Thereíre lots of better paintings and creations here than mine. I still have a lot to learn and long way to go. :) :)

Hi ingie, thank you for looking in. I used 2 layers. One for the flowers and one for the background. I spent quite sometimes trying different backgrounds and I knew there is still something not doing right. Thanks for giving me the tips. I definitely will give it a try. :) :)

Hi Bumble, thank you very much for your wonderful comments. :) :)

Hi Aunt Betsy, Iím pleased you like this painting and thanks for the nice words. :) :)

Hi Jack, thanks for looking in and Iím very pleased you like this painting. I can imagine youíve many beautiful flowers in your garden. :) :)

Hi DoodLs, thank you for the kind comments and liking this painting. Iím learning to paint on different subjects and try to get familiar of different tools with Artrage. :) :)

pai
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi Fashmir, Iím very pleased you like this painting and thanks for the wonderful comments. Itís very encouraging. Thereíre lots for me to learn and need lots of practicing. I think I fell in love with painting. :) :)

Hi Nika, thanks for looking in and Iím please you still like it even itís different style from before. :) :)

Hi D Akey, thanks for looking in and I like to read your comments. The question 'How do I see the background as supporting the subject in this painting?' was actually in my mind all along while I was painting the flowers. I tried few hours trying different versions of the background and finally just use a simple one. I want the background to reflect the title but it seemed didnít very successfully. Iím glad you still like the flowers. :) :)

Hi Jose Diogo, thank you very much for the encouraging words. It meant a lot to me. Glad you like this painting. :) :)

Hi GZ, thanks again for re-visiting it and Iím pleased you like it. :) :)

Hi Bobbi, thanks for looking in and Iím glad you like it. :) :)

Hi marian, Iím pleased you like the flowers and felt itís alive. This is Iím trying to do. Thank you for the kind words. :) :)

kiwipoppy
09-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Great style....this turned out really well!I love painting flowers but they never turn out as pretty and realistic as this

likeke34
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
This is so lovely! This inspired me to attempt a rose haha but I put that back in the (remember when I just learned files) because it didn't turn out remotely as nice as this! Very nice work!

speggie
09-05-2007, 12:26 PM
pai ........................................... :mrgreen: .......he's envious as am i ............ :D :D ...........super work girl bright and breezy .............

pai
09-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi kiwipoppy, thank you for your kind words. :) :)

Thank you likeke34, I'm pleased you like it. :) :)

Hello speggie, thanks for looking in and the nice comments. :) :)