PDA

View Full Version : Hinds Feet on High Places

sallybode
08-17-2007, 06:25 PM
The horns on the ??Sheep?? were so interesting. Had a hard time with this one, must admit, took a while to think how to do it.

"Hinds Feet on High Places", from from an allegorical novel I read years ago by Hannah Hurnard, the courage to go on when you feel like quitting. The greatest vista you've ever seen is just over the hill you feel to weary to climb.

shirly
08-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Awesome!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

D Akey
08-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey! Their horns are unfurled and are standing on end. Must be goblins about.

Neat image again. Part two in the mountain series.

:D

erwinsoo
08-18-2007, 12:45 AM
oh geeez.. how did you do this? :shock:

daprato-art
08-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Bravo for all things there :)
pretty good animal anatomy.
We can feel and touch the materials.

I think we notice too much the canvas patern in the sky, maybe it could be tweaked in photoshop to remove this procedural repetetion.

sallybode
08-18-2007, 03:42 AM
It is the same texture as the painting of the big horn sheep on the paper, only the texture is set to be more prominent because of the rocks, the craggy mountains in the distance. Not quite the same technique in painting, more paint on the brush, the big horn sheep was more like dry brush. I thought they'd make a nice pairing if I printed them out.

Still, most people like it.

I've been thinking though I could copy it, change the texture and put a lighter texture and then either do that in ArtRage or Photoshop Elements.

Aunt_Betsy
08-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Very Nice Sally!

I particularly like the foreground rocks and grass. Wonderful detail.

sallybode
08-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Okay, Aunt Betsy, now you're here, we'll get to be a tag team again! Don't you just love it???

Lindmark
08-19-2007, 10:25 AM
What a superb technique, sallybode!!! Simply stunning

Marky

pai
08-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Very beautiful painting. :) I like the texture you created.

jimandersonz
08-21-2007, 09:18 AM
really fine work... that textured "dry" look reminds me of what im trying to do myself... but yours is better... the sublety of surface and color is perfect .. the foreground rocks are amazingly detailed.. i must keep trying.