PDA

View Full Version : 'kalahari meerkat' finished

ENCHANTER
05-27-2006, 11:44 AM
i didnt know how to change the subject name :oops:

cartoon
05-27-2006, 11:58 AM
OH WOW!!! I like that!!! That's perfect.

Ian

Fashmir
05-27-2006, 12:22 PM
ENCHANTER- Well done! I like this image of a lone sentinel keeping his watch for his foraging clan. I love that nature has given these creatures patches of dark fur around their eyes to reduce reflection, sharpening their eyesight. It has been such a great pleasure to watch you craft this image. You worked hard and it shows. I'm guessing that you learned alot during the process. I think that efforts like this are great teachers. I'm proud of you.

bearblue1
05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Excellent! *applause*

Erika_PLJ
05-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow he is just beautiful! Fantasic job on the lighting and the adorable expression his the meerkat's face!

drzeller
05-27-2006, 03:48 PM
In your other thread you commented on having removed the second meerkat...

I think meerkats take turns acting as lookout in real life... so the lone ranger here is just taking his turn!

Great job. Thanks for posting it as a WIP.

D.

bleepnik
05-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Wow. I expected it to be good, but... wow. This is amazing. That fur! The patience! *shakes head* Wow. Thanks for sharing this with us, Enchanter.

- Gita

Aged P
05-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Congratulations Enchanter,

It's so well done.

Just pick a dozen words from the "Big Book of Superlatives"!!!!!!

The second Meerkat would have been a mistake, but it needed the first one done to see that. There must have been moments when the first one nearly got the chop as well!
I think that the idea of showing WIP is great, it puts on enough pressure to see things through to completion. Just like joining a local art group.

AndyRage
05-27-2006, 09:45 PM
It's simply stunning. And I bet when Matt gets back from Germany he'll be keen to see that lil' fellah on the ArtRage features page!

Weeks
05-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Enchanter, ... Magnificient....

Pure happiness..

Keep playing with ArtRage for our great pleasure.

Weeks

ENCHANTER
05-27-2006, 10:28 PM
im sorry i started a new thread, i didnt know how to change subject title in the current thread.

This was produced using a:

Hardware: volito 2, (i know some of you guys arent fond of this tablet :) )....

866MHz PC
512 SDRAM
32 MB GRAPHICS CARD
SOFTWARE: ARTRAGE 2.1 full (the layers helped alot)

Cartoon: Thankyou...i dont know about perfect..but thankyou :)

Fashmir: Thankyou...Master Fashmir..for your encouragements.....you are an inspiration...as i have seen your works regularly.....i have learnt a few things about proportion, distance and composition from doing this piece..i hope i keep those in mind when i do another piece like this......maybe something without fur heehee ;)

bearblue1: Thankyou....*bow* ;)

Erika_PLJ: Thankyou, im glad you liked it :)

drzeller: ive seen a few documentaries.......yep they take turns...amazing isnt it...and they dont even question their leaders :)........thanks

Gita: :) Thanks very much...and also for your encouragement....that fur....i think i done ok on it until i got to the belly, then it gets slightly less well done..i was probably getting to the point where i wanted it over and done with......i know you're polishing up your skills and are going to unleash some artwork on us to view ;) eh?....anyway...thanks again! :)

AgedP: Thanks...yes..the second meerkat....i realised that the left hand of the pciture was 'heavy' and it didnt 'balance'...but also im off to print and frame this for my sisters birthday, and i just couldnt do that second meerkat......yes...there were moments where i was wondering..'why did i start this'.....you are also right about posting WIPs...because you realise people are following what you are doing...and it does put pressure on to finish a piece...its a good character builder ;)...thanks again..and for your encouragement too

Andy:THanks again Andy...ooh features page...that would be nice...;) i havent painted a proper full piece for about 10..12 years...so this software was an inspiration

Weeks: Thankyou....I'll keep playing with it :)

:lol: Enchanter

tony
05-27-2006, 11:21 PM
:) Wow Enchanter what a lovely painting you have produced, simply great to look at and so real you almost feel you are there trying to keep quiet so as not to disturb the animal.Regards. tony :)

Aged P
05-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Volito2 is a great pen, but the nib can't be replaced. A new pen is very expensive.

vulturemullet
05-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Really amazing job enchanter. i remeber seeing the WIP and the reference images, the lion king meerkat timon looks nothing like these haha.. but youres is alot more realistic, it looks stunning great job :)

ENCHANTER
05-28-2006, 07:38 AM
thanks Tony, sssh might disturb it ;)

AgedP ...yep its probably cheaper to buy a new volito package or save up for a Intuos

vulturemullet , thanks for the compliments

nixon
05-28-2006, 07:50 AM
excellent work!!!

ENCHANTER
05-28-2006, 12:20 PM
THANKS NIXON

cym
05-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Great piece! I am certain your sister will appreciate such a wonderful gift.