PDA

View Full Version : Starshower + mini tutorial + stars stencil

Ico_dY
08-05-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm so sorry. I didn't post anything from long long time... :oops:
Here is my new artrage experiment with a mini tutorial. Enjoy!

This is my first tutorial in all my life, so forgive me for any mistake and for my bad english! :wink:

Ico_dY
08-05-2007, 09:26 PM
The stencil...

Please, copy in your resources folder.

Ico_dY
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
The tutorial...

Tools: (please, look the attachment!)
- "A"
To create the reflections in the eyes and the spherical lights of starshower.

- "B"
To trace the stencil stars.

- "C"
To blend colors painted with tool "G". You can set softness at 44% for a softer blending and the roughness paper option at 0% for this step.

- "D"
To blend a thick coat of crayons and oil colors.

- "E"
To blend a coat of pencil colors. ("Cottonwool" Effect)
I have used this tool to create the stars trail and to soften the face's colors.

- "F"
To add details.

- "G"
To paint the first color coat.

- "H"
To mix the first color coat with a cross-haching technic.

How to create a starshower (mini tutorial) (please, look the attachment!):

- After painting a background with dark colors (tool "G" and "H"), add some bright colors (tool "C") and blend all together (tool "D" and "E").
- Paint some spherical lights with tool "A".
- Create a new level in overlay and paint other bright colors, after that you can merge with the layer below.
- With the stars stencil and the tool "B" trace some stars. You can soften the stars with a light eraser.
- Paint the stars trail with tool "C" and blend with tool "E" or softer "C". Erase with straight strokes part of the color in order to create a "trail" effect.
- Create a new overlay layer and paint some complementary colors (tool "G"), this is a trick to enrich the paint, then modify the opacity of all layers.

Ico_dY
08-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Other Materials...

pai
08-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Wow! That's beautiful drawing and thanks for the nice tutorial. :D

Bumble
08-06-2007, 12:42 AM
I love this, :D wonderful..... :D :D

RobertSWade
08-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Wonderful image; very commercial.

screenpainter
08-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Good drawing and painting skills and great color.

D Akey
08-06-2007, 07:15 AM
What a joy to look at this.

Welcome back.

By the way, I can hear aniime music of a Japanese girl's very high voice in my head when I look at this. Looks like a song interlude.

Thanks for the tutorial. Great idea for combining stencil with regular hand done.

bugfix
08-06-2007, 07:35 AM
very nice one!

Ico_dY
08-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Many thanks, ladies and gentlemen, you are too kind!

D Akey, it's funny because I was thinking the same thing!
Maybe I'm watching too much anime lately... :D

ENCHANTER
08-06-2007, 08:18 AM
wonderful ....thanks for the tutorial :D

rik
08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Quality image, very well executed.

Jules
08-11-2007, 11:44 PM
Im having a blonde moment, which resources folder do I add the stars image, then what? Its also a macromedia file I converted it to jpg sorry if I sound dumb lol...

thanks.. :roll:

D Akey
08-12-2007, 05:32 AM
Im having a blonde moment, which resources folder do I add the stars image, then what? Its also a macromedia file I converted it to jpg sorry if I sound dumb lol...

Yes, I've looked up your record, and I can see now that since you changed your hair color from pitch black you're now entitled to a blond moment.

You have three such moments. Choose wisely.

:shock:

Looks lovely, if one can see from a pic the size of a postage stamp. But I liked it before too.

Ico_dY
08-12-2007, 08:52 AM

You should copy the files to your "Resources\Stencils" directory.

It's located (for Windows users) in
"C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils"
or in
"C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils"

After that (in ArtRage) click on "Stencils" icon and select "Stencils" from the list.
The star stencil should appear for selection. :wink:

Jules
08-12-2007, 09:25 PM

Yes, I've looked up your record, and I can see now that since you changed your hair color from pitch black you're now entitled to a blond moment.

You have three such moments. Choose wisely.

:shock:

Looks lovely, if one can see from a pic the size of a postage stamp. But I liked it before too.

hahah @ D Akey....nuff about my hair, now what about the resources folder lol :roll: :wink:

Jules
08-12-2007, 09:29 PM

You should copy the files to your "Resources\Stencils" directory.

It's located (for Windows users) in
"C:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils"
or in
"C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Stencils"

After that (in ArtRage) click on "Stencils" icon and select "Stencils" from the list.
The star stencil should appear for selection. :wink:

Thanks Ico, Ive had a look and I dont have a stencils folder. Ive got artrage 2.2.9.
:?

Ico_dY
08-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks Ico, Ive had a look and I dont have a stencils folder. Ive got artrage 2.2.9.
:?
Maybe you have an old version or the freeware version...
My version number is 2.5.15. Please, ask the ArtRage team for help. :wink:

D Akey
08-13-2007, 09:16 AM
They didn't have stencils until 2.5.

Must upgrade. Look under Help/Check for updates Online.

Jules
08-14-2007, 08:47 AM
I really thought I had to full package I bought it from this site, and it checks for updates when I load it...

:( thanks again for pointing this out.

It wont update, says there is an error...grr..cant find autoupdater file, but it is in there. Wierd!

D Akey
08-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Would be worth a letter to the admin. Sounds like something fixable.