PDA

View Full Version : Moon

Bumble
07-27-2007, 01:17 PM
A picture of the moon that works quite well as a stencil......(I find it works better if you invert the stencil)

pai
07-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks Bumble. It's beautiful.

drzeller
07-28-2007, 07:35 AM
That's very cool. Can't wait to see the Halloween pictures!

D.

jacktar51
07-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Bumble that does make a good stencil....thanks, I have it....Jack.

jacktar51
07-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Bumble that does make a good stencil....thanks, I have it....Jack.

D Akey
07-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Hahah. I love it. I'm feeling suddenly very hairy.

Illustrators have been using photography extensively as long as photography has existed.

I was recently blown away to discover that all those wonderful pen and ink illustrations that existed for the entire last century (through the advent of superior printing presses after the 60s and 70s) was done over photographs printed in non-repro blue where it was left or washed away leaving only the black of the drawing.

Images like wonderful architectural scenes and soldiers lined up on parade, that would make anyone's eyes crossed and take really long to work out, they were all worked over photos. Duh! I should have guessed it.

I vaguely recall that from some class, but we never really used it because that pen and ink style had fallen out of favor when I went to school.

Bumble, you have made it seamless. Fine work. As far as I'm concerned, all that matters is the end product. It's beautiful.

And I could well imagine that you could create an entire forest background behind your wonderful characters out of such a tool as this. And that would really free you up to focus on your main figure and your foreground staging.

jacktar51
07-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Since it is a little awkwardusing the inverted moon stencil, in honour of BUMBLE I have made a n already inverted one that can be used straight away on a dark background and doesnt need to be inverted......

jacktar51
07-28-2007, 09:32 AM
for use on black or dark background using white or a light colour....gives moon the correct way round..( NOT inverted).....THanks BUMBLE....Jack.

jacktar51
07-28-2007, 09:35 AM
PS Please dont remove the black dots...they are to make it easier(larger border) when spraying on the stencil..... (so you dont go over the edge of the stencil so easily).....Have fun.....Jack.

Bumble
07-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Your welcome Pai..and thank you :lol:
Drzeller.. :lol: :lol:
Your welcome Jack..I've been sorting through some ref pictures I have Backed up this was amongst them :D :D
Thank You D Akey your comments have helped me alot :D :D I am a bit uncomforatble using stencils it just doesn't feel natural to me. Feels abit like cheating(to me) :oops: not that I'm saying it is I do not wish to offend anyone here. :oops: But what you have mentioned has made me feel more comfortable with it :wink:

Edit: Thanks Jack for Re-doing the photo for me.(You posted as I was typing my response)

Aged P
07-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi Bumble,

I get that doubt too! I think this stencil making system is as big a step forward for painting as the camera.

Eventually I shall drift back into just picking up a brush and getting on with painting but in the short term the moon could figure in a lot of my pictures. :lol:

Perhaps if we have been given better tools, we should just get on and make better products?

Phil

John the Artist
07-28-2007, 10:27 AM
You don't need dots to make a bigger stencil. I took the dots out and it still has a nice and thick border.

cripster
07-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I tryed the moon last night on one layer and did a dark blue with clouds and i couldmn't get the moon to stay behind the clouds i'll try again today, if anyone has an idea on this please let me know here or pm

Ok i worked out how to get it heres the pic

SilverElly
08-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Wow, the art is wonderful... I gotta try these when I get home ^_^

~Elizabeth

Jules
08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
wat a super moon idea 8)

Rowena
09-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Thank you for your beautiful moon Bumble, its my favorite stensil! :D