PDA

View Full Version : Serenity - By the river.

waheednasir
07-21-2007, 04:35 AM
hi there everyone...:). hope all is well.

sharing my recent painting, "Serenity - By the river". rather an experimental work for me as i was after a traditional feel, having a pastel look. as for the subject, my goal was to capture beautiful moments, nature's colors and the charm of freedom. i did consult few refs of landscapes and birds, before painting this, sketched a few that i later inco-operated with the entire work.

painted using tablet.

happy viewing...:).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Serenity-ByTheRiver-1000-wa.jpg

ENCHANTER
07-21-2007, 04:39 AM
i think you achieved what you set out to do
it does have a pastely look
look like an illustration from a book...wonderful detail

wonderful

:D

marcotronic
07-21-2007, 08:02 AM
excellent! Very natural feeling and atmosphere. Wonderful how you captured the lights and shadows. Realistic but still very artistic.

Marco

AndyRage
07-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Waheed, that's another complete stunner picture.
I love the soft feel the pastels have given this picture.

Gorgeous stuff.

bugfix
07-21-2007, 09:08 AM
you see me speechless ...perfect!

Selby
07-21-2007, 11:38 AM
ahh fantastic Waheed...looks beautiful and peaceful...I agree with enchanter -it looks like a beautiful image from a book.

Selby

RobertSWade
07-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Mind bogglingly wonderful.

Nika
07-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Amazing :)

screenpainter
07-21-2007, 11:19 PM
The two diagonal lines created by the branches on the left lead the viewers eye off the canvas and out of the composition. It would be a much stronger piece if directional lines were considered. The technique and painting skill is as always... amazing... wonderful.

waheednasir
07-22-2007, 02:42 AM
thanks a lot...:).

enchanter, marcotronic, andy, bugfix, selby, robert, nika and gzairborne, for coming in and for the all the appreciation...:). im glad.

gzairborne, yes i do agree with that poing on those branches at extreme left. it was a bigger painting, that initially didnt have this thing, later when i cropped it, i missed the point. shouldve considered that. thanks for the input...:).

thank u again everyone.

good day.

pretty genius
07-22-2007, 04:44 AM
amazing picture....... :)

waheednasir
07-23-2007, 02:34 AM
thank u very much pretty genius...:).

here st the updated version, took care of the branches at extreme left.
gzairborne, due to lack of free time, i could only do this much. okay for me...:).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Serenity-ByTheRiver-waheedn.jpg

cheers.

D Akey
07-23-2007, 04:21 AM
Hi Waheed,

I really like it as an alternate style for you. Your picture making is consistently strong. So then it comes down to the technique.

What do you think of the technique? Did it satisfy you?

For me, I get an entirely different voice from this painting compared to your broader paint stroke style paintings.

Those broad stroke paintings come across as in a commanding, straight to the heart of making the image come to life -- a masculine voice. It's swashy (like certain fonts are swashy). The style is probably not copyable by every artist. It requires a specific skill. It speaks in a masterly voice because if a mark is wrong, for the most part it would stand apart and could diminish the image. More acrobatic, I suppose. Like a performance like snapping a cigarette out of someone's mouth with a whip. Closer to the edge. It could be easier to blow it, but when it works it's exciting.

This style is more feminine, as if telling a story to a child. The marks are softer and safer, more 'socially' supported (reliant on the whole tonal balance rather than any one stroke) -- where tones are built up. No less masterly but the technique has less panache, Each individual mark is less crucial. If one is out of place the picture is not going to suffer, and will be easy to fix. Since I also see marks reminding me of needle point or colored thread, I'm not expecting that every thread be in place because I have seen fabric in varying states of perfection. One or two being off would merely add to the hand done quality.

And the stipple quality of this one draws attention to itself a little and it's slightly more challenging to achieve extreme depth of field because of the spots. Should they get smaller as they recede or not? Or is it simply like a screen overlaying the image? I don't know. Nonetheless, I'm still seeing depth because of the color and value as you have used them here. Cool. Another choice for you to select for certain themes perhaps?

I can see this pic as good for optimistic imagery like certain children's books, parable type images, and idyllic scenes.

They are completely different styles. I like this one. Still I'm a big fan of your older style probably because it is harder to do. This style would be fairly easy to imitate.

Great work in all cases.

:D :D :D

waheednasir
07-30-2007, 07:13 AM
many many thanks d akey for spending time on this and your wonderful analysis. i like how u observe every effort and thanks a lot for admiring what i share...:).

What do you think of the technique? Did it satisfy you?

sure, it did...:). i enjoyed the whole process, its just that the dots at some places are too clear, but even that okay for me. about broader painterly strokes, yes i like that too, perhaps because of always loving oils, done in an expressive way.

Still I'm a big fan of your older style probably because it is harder to do.

i agree and thank u...:).

u are very right about 2 different styles, this one is more towards a softer side, the other being more strong, straight and masculine. im really happy that u like both of them and described them in a very interesting way. very rightly.

i applogize for replying quite late. i just get stuck with work suddenly, which doesnt leave me easily. hope u understand.

have a lovely day mate. thank u.

shirly
07-31-2007, 10:37 PM
AMAZING WORK!

Caesar
07-31-2007, 10:45 PM
A superlative work! Which tools did You use exactly? Looks like You used pencils intensively due to such a decise graphic strenght.

Bumble
08-01-2007, 02:45 AM
Beautiful Waheed...... :D :D

screenpainter
08-01-2007, 04:35 AM
It is gorgeous. Love the whole scene. Well done my friend.

waheednasir
08-01-2007, 05:20 AM
thank u so very much...:).

shirly, Caesar, Bumble and gzairborne...your kind comments are much appreciated. always.

Ceasar, its a mixture of crayon and chalk, varying pressure with tablet/hand. i didnt use pencil.

thanks a lot everyone...:). cheers all.

waheednasir
08-01-2007, 05:36 AM
i would like to share couple of my paintings that painted in other softwares, photoshop and painter, using tablet. i thank all of u who appreciate my spontaneous, casual, brushwork, so those comments encouraged me to share these, i hope D Akey see these, cause i really like his words explaining the style very well, as "masculine voice".

i thank AndyRage and all the Staff, for allowing me to share these.

Title: Glory.

i painted this for a project (pre-production phase), defining keys/palette (colors and mood) and the over all look.

personaly, i love this style of architecture. i painted using tablet, in photoshop and painter. few of my own custom made brushes were used as well. ref. (only the construction) used for a very rough initial sketch that i did few days ago, before painting this.

for a realistic and detailed look (in totality), kindly view it from a good distance, it has been deliberately painted in that fashion.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Glory-1000-waheednasir.jpg

next

title: The fall.

a concept for a landscape, with ruins and distruction. its a self-visualised/composed work, painted in painter and photoshop. my biggest concern was to achieve that particular mood, defining the downfall, distruction and disaster and the palette, which is fairly dark, used according to the requirement (atmosphere).
i painted this using tablet.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/TheFall-1000-waheednasir.jpg

best to all.

screenpainter
08-01-2007, 05:56 AM
The first one is an amazing piece. Just beautiful! Up to your high caliber of painting skills. The second is hard to see for me. There is enough of a hint at the structures to see a fine work there in the darkness. I am on a mac computer, but can usually see most dark pieces with my new monitor.

ENCHANTER
08-01-2007, 06:05 AM
glory and the fall are wonderful.....skillfully painted .......and it shows.......... :D :D

D Akey
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi Waheed.

Nice work. I'll say right off the bat that the second one, the dark one, is hard to see on my monitor as well.

It may look good as an image on a wall, much like with a fine arts painting, where the subject is intended to be a second read. Once you have seen the strong black canvas shape and have moved closer, more reveals itself. This effect doesn't work as well on the computer, especially at lower resolutions.

The visual effect of viewing it is not unlike looking at a bronze relief sculpture a bit like Rodin's 'Gates of Hell' or whatever it's called, where it is so dark that you need to walk right up to it, and as you do, things begin appearing. But again, sculpture or real world art can control the viewer more than on the monitor unless you're making a film or slide show or something.

Its message is plain enough -- destruction, like a charred cinder, wrath of God kind of stuff. It evokes a message of a deliberate and abrupt end through war or something, as opposed to where we see parts collapsing and overgrown which would say 'decay'.

I could get a similar image from letting my mind wander while looking at a charred log in the fireplace after the fire is spent.

But as in the case of looking at something that relies on my imagination so much, if someone were not inclined to periods of contemplation on symbols in this fashion, they might not be looking for anything other than in the clearest one tenth of the canvas. The rest gets lost.

It's a pessimist's view. It would probably be a favorite of the fire and brimstone crowd -- those who's stock and trade is in making bleak judgments and the power of influence over frustrated people that generates for them in their world -- where invective and hatred rules -- where this vision is used as a threat. The darkness and non-communicative nature of that painting makes it feel to me like a visual rant. It's not about logic, not about listening or talking. Not about interaction in any way. It's like a closed mind. A hopefully unrealistic monotone vision that someone is haranguing.

It's very editorial and opinionated. The bright painting also carries a message -- one on the opposite end of the spectrum.

The first painting would be the one where those people would go to draw inspiration to build their city. It looks like a city hall style building to me. It stands above like a monument to civic accomplishment and wise offices. It looks like it could be seen from miles around as a reminder to those who are part of the group that this building belongs to all of them in a central or way like a hub of a wheel.

I'm not seeing the entrance, so I'm not getting a lot of participation on the part of the populace. It's more like they are being cared for by a benign leadership -- because it is jutting above the tree line that feels a little like cumulus clouds in shape, it feels a bit of 'high atop Mt. Olympus' -- immortal.

As to the technique, it feels architectural in a slightly old world way, where stucco was troweled onto the surface. It says labor, craftsmen and earth. It's more masculine for sure.

The palette is conservative and limited, appropriately so. Not heavenly, no parades and flags. No graft and excess from this administration. Just simple and efficient.

I love the style and the strokes -- especially in the trees. Were I suggesting anything based on what you have down, and not to change the connotation, I would say perhaps to not have your clouds so much like a pattern. I think they could lead the eye into the building a little more, or be divided in a way that does not draw attention from the star of the show -- the building. The contrast is slightly distracting because the values of the adjacent clouds and the building are so alike. Thus the overall light in the upper half of the picture is competing against the overall darks, and the architectural shape is getting a little lost in the shuffle.

But as always, I love your work. In the dark one it's because I know who did it, and I look at it as one of your voices, or moods, or passing thoughts. So since I get so much out of your visual conversation, I always 'listen'. And if I don't 'get it' it doesn't mean something profound is not at the heart of it, and I wonder how it might be said differently.

As always, thank you for the work and the conversation.

Nika
08-01-2007, 09:08 AM
The first picture is awesome. I love the technique very much. :) The second one is too dark on my monitor. :(

Selby
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi Waheed the first is lovely and makes me think of a fantasy city ...something a bit like in dinotopia or similar and i love the lose detail of flowers in the bushes at the front. the second i also have trouble to view but it looks a powerful image from what i can see

Selby

900fy
08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
I realy like your works. I've seen some before on your website. I like the way you use and mix colors.

These works are also realy good. First painting is very natural and fresh in my feel. I also like second one - some impression in your own style, realy good.

cheers :)

waheednasir
08-08-2007, 05:32 AM
lots and lots of thanks to all of you. but first, im very late in answering, so i appologize. sorry.

gzairborne...thank u very much for your kind words...:).

ENCHANTER...thanks mate, glad u were able to see...:).

D Akey, ah...man of wonderful words...:). u sure, do observe things and then know how to write on them in a lovely way. u know, i sort of get inspiration and ideas, while reading your lines...:).

whatever uve analysed is very rite, i agree with all the interpretation. the first one does have a rough, suggested brushwork thruout, equaly treated, so that might be the reason behind making it a bit too busy...:). agree. what inspired me was the architecture, i love this style. this kind of construction have always fascinated me. strong and artistic.

the second one, yes, its a bit on the darker side. i purposely kept it like that, as per my concept. the brighter look, wouldnt be able to add much to the mood. i would like to share another one, with a different style, that i usualy show. that one is even darker that this, but has got quite a few light sources, which reveal things. again, everything has been done according to the concept that i had in my mind. im going to take it further ahead, might make an animation short. ive already started working on more of its concepts and storyline. would be sharing the final things when its done. but thats going to take some time. for now the first conept (its a finished painting in itself).

thanks again D Akey, for all the time that u spend on viewing my work and commenting on them...:).

thank u very much nika...:).

thanks a lot selby...:).

900fy...many thanks. i appreciate...:).

------------------

here u go:

title: An eerie spot at midnight.
software: photoshop.

hello there...:). sharing my recent work, "An eerie spot at mightnight".

i did keep my personal, painterly style, but its quite different from what i usualy post. its a concept i made for a gloomy, mysterious landscape at night. every part has been handled according to the overall feel and look that i was after. the result made me quite satisfied as i did manage to achieve what i had in my mind...:).

painted in photoshop with a hint of painter, on a (scanned) sketch, from my mind, that i did on paper first. i used tablet to paint it later.

it was real fun drawing and painting this and i hope u all enjoy it.

many thanks for stopping by. best to all.

P.S. ive kept it dark as per the requirements of my concept (night/dramatic). did introduce, position lights (sources) and their effect, only revealing things that were needed to be lit, adding to the mystery of the overall scene that i opted for.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/AnEerSptAtMidN-1000-wn.jpg

again, i thank the Staff at Ambient Design/Artrage for allowing me to share my works done in other softwares.

thanks everyone for your time...:).

Caesar
08-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Everything's superb! The last one then ... Nightmare before Christmas1, isn't it (the Halloween country)

D Akey
08-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Hi Waheed,

Thanks for your kind response. I suppose that words are my paints these days. I find that it helps me bring my inner senses more conscious.

I like the combination of words and art but it takes time to get it said properly. Now I need to learn how to do it faster. That part has been challenging.

As to your new work here, I really like the feel of it. But it's hard to see, and find I have to strain to make parts out. The palette is very fantasy oriented, like I can almost hear some light hearted spooky singing. It doesn't feel evil. Feels like a children's palette -- from the sweet dark colorful side of the palette.

I agree with Caesar's comments.

Nicely designed objects and trees and so forth.

Just too dark for it to be fun. Makes me feel like I'm going a little blind and that's quite disconcerting to an artist. Hard to get past that, and it pulls me out of the painting because it makes me self-conscious. And I would much rather be at play in your otherwise delightful painting.

cym
08-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Just passing through to gape in awe. (As usual).

waheednasir
08-21-2007, 03:44 AM
thanks d akey...:). i know what u mean about the darkness, i totally agree. yes its dark, but thats how the concept it. sorry about that. im planning to make an animated short and have plans to take this further ahead. but lets see, i might add more light later on...:). i appreciate your presence and kind comments. im posting another version, which is not as much dark, i hope u like it and see every detail...:).

many thanks cym...good to see u. thanks for admiring it...:).

sorry, i think im here after a long gap.

okay, here is the recent one. painted in photoshop and painter - tablet.

Title: Those gloomy hours.

a concept/fantansy scene, titled: "Those gloomy hours", a land/waterscape with a gloomy, eeri mood. it can be considered to be another version of my previously painted work, named, "An eeri spot at midnight".

painted in photoshop and painter, using tablet, on a scanned pencil sketch that i did on paper first.

my biggest concern here was to have a certain mood thruout the expanse.

thank you for your visit, i hope u enjoy looking at it...:).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/TGH-1100-waheednasir.jpg

Nika
08-21-2007, 03:59 AM
Awesome :)

cym
08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Wonderful. I like trying to peer through the gloom for all the great details.

waheednasir
08-23-2007, 04:05 PM
thank u very much nika and cym....:).

cheers.

D Akey
08-24-2007, 02:37 AM
That's very exciting! An animation. I want very much to see that one.

Wonderful design to the hillside home thing. Has a bit of a witch, Nightmare Before Christmas feeling.

Don't know what kind of characters you are going to be using, if any, but I would recommend that you color your characters and put them on a layer to see how they work over this background.

Technical development suggestion:

In your animated short, are you going to use characters? You may never use this painting as more than an establishing shot, with no characters, but I think you will see that when you put a character over a subtle background, that your background may suddenly disappear. So that relationship between characters and background is the one that matters.

I would recommend doing some tests on some of the more important locations with all your elements together before you commit yourself to a look. Were you spend a long time painting all your backgrounds and then find that the color and value doesn't work, you would be very frustrated.

Unless you are going to construct it in 3D in which case you can adjust the lighting anytime.

Good luck with it and have fun. I love the feel so far and I know with what you're capable of, your artistic sensibilities and boundless energy will serve you very well indeed.

Go Waheed!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

ENCHANTER
08-24-2007, 02:56 AM
i did'nt realise you were putting extra work in here......i would have missed it......i was just looking at this post again and noticed the amazing enviroments with character of their own.the crooked house is
wow.......i would like to see some sort of film /animation involving that.......reminds like a dark version of the grinch /cat in the hat :D

waheednasir
10-10-2007, 01:32 AM
d akey, thank u very much mate, for your visit and for taking the time to give your valuable suggestions. i totally agree with all the points. valid points that must be kept thruout the process.

im going to do it in 3D, as that is what we do. but im waiting for enough time to work on it, once the pre-production phase gets handled, i guess i wont be needing a lot of time to finish it. ill keep you updated with the progress my friend...thank you....:).

enchanter...thanks a lot, its always to see you around mate, glad to see you interest too...:).

ive to appologize for this delay in answering, im sorry for that.

cheers...:).

waheednasir
10-10-2007, 01:37 AM
as ive been sharing my works here in this particular thread, that i do in other softwares as well, i would like to share my recent painting with all of you. hope u all like it...:).

Title: Remains.
Software(s): Photoshop and Painter (tablet used).

Description:
hello there...:). recenty painted, "Remains", in photoshop and painter. to have a place with ruins, with a sad mood and air, was my primary concern. for my initial sketches, refs were consulted before painting this from scratch. its a self-visualized/composed work. painted using tablet.

i did enjoy painted this whole ambience that defines what i had in my mind. hope u like it.

thanks again to the Staff here, for allowing me to show my paintings done in other softwares too.

thank u all for viewing.

cheers.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Remains-1000-waheednasir.jpg

D Akey
10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Couldn't be better. I like the grimness, like a dead warrior forgotten on the plains, swept by the elements, the armor and helmet keep their form around the decomposed body. No longer enough for even the worms. Lifeless. Stoney. Purposeless.

It's great. I like being able to see it too, because it's not too dark.

Really well done, Waheed.

:D :D :D :D :D

speggie
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
fantastic painting .............i agree about the atmosphere..............doom and gloom and a feeling of stillness .............love it matey .................. :D

Rowena
10-26-2007, 02:31 AM
Wonderful painting! I especially like this last one and think the brush work is marvelous. Would you mind telling us what you did in Painter and what you did in Photoshop? It would be most interesting to hear why and how these two programs served you so well...

Nickillus
10-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey there, Rowena,
I love the lighting effects you have going on throughout this small (so far, but lots more to come, I hope) selection of your works. I always struggle with landscapes, yet you make me want to try harder. I particularly like the last one of course. It appeals to my darker side - the bit without the grey hair obviously.
Great images on every page. So glad I dropped by, and will do so more often in the future.

All the best,
Nick

waheednasir
10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
thanks a lot everyone...:). D Akey, speggie, Rowena Nickillus.

Rowena, i kept on jumping from photoshop to painter and to photoshop again and so on. its kinda mixture. but primarily, i painted the 70 percent of this scene in painter. photoshop for simple tweaks and some details and more for color balancing stuff. but let me write here, that if i wanted i couldve painting this whole complete scene in one of the softwares mentioned. its just that i got both of them, so i mixed them both. i hope u get my point...:). ive painted paintings in the past and still do, that are all done in one of these softwares. u can even see them here in this very thread.

Nickillus, thanks mate, but i am waheed...:). and i do have a large selection of my work posted here. sorry, if u typed that for Rowena, just wanted to clear it as i didnt understand...:). im happy that u like my work and its good to have u here. see u again.

thanks again and have a great day everyone.

waheednasir
10-27-2007, 03:11 AM
greetings everyone...:). as ive posted my work in this thread that ive made using other softwares too than Artrage, so i thought to share with u my recent stuff, its 3D this time, done in maya. below is the detail and the image:

Title: Matryoshkas.
Software : Maya.

"Matryoshkas", a name given to wooden russian dolls, that u see in this scene. ive kept it quite simple, with emphasis on having a corner of room, softly lit, creating a particular kind of mood that i love (personal taste). ive used ready made models, except these dolls, that i made. texturing, shading and lighting are all done by myself. Rendered just in basic, default render. apart from that, all the paintings that u see here are my own digital paintings, that i keep on posting on regular basis, in the 2D section.

inspiration for this work came from my own digtial painting, called: "From Russia with love". painted in 2005, from a life model, that i have.

this 3D scene was done alongwith other projects. limited time was spent, but i loved every minute of it. i hope u all enjoy viewing it...:).

cheers all.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Matryoshkas-waheednasir.jpg

good day everyone...:).

erwinsoo
10-27-2007, 03:21 AM
you are really an accomplished traditional and digital artist.. seen your work in many places in the internet

waheednasir
10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
erwinsoo, many many thanks mate, for your fine compliment. glad to have u here...:).

its always a pleasure sharing my work here with so many good artist, including you. everyone is doing great job in his/her own style.

thanks again and have a lovely day my friend.

tinzo
10-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Hi there waheednasir, congratulations on your work in this gallery. It's the first time I've looked in and your paintings 'knocked me out' my friend. Love your style. :D

Lee
11-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Dear Waheednasir, So this is where you've been? No wonder i thought you and Tinzo were missing! for some reason i never think to look in here but will now! so glad i found you again!

Selby
11-02-2007, 10:58 AM
ahh waheed its so entrancing i think i could stare for and hour and still find new details i had not seen before the light is fantastic especially as it hits the easel and the heads of the Matryoshkas. :)

Selby

ENCHANTER
11-02-2007, 03:25 PM
looks like a classic flemish painting............i see you hung up your painting in the scene... :D

wonderful as always

Nika
11-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm surprised to see matryoshkas in your picture :) Wonderful work :)

waheednasir
12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
tinzo, lee, selby, enchanter and nika...thanks a lot.

nika, i love matryoshkas, they look so cute...:).

below is my recent painting done in photoshop and painter.

description:

an underwater scene, painted in painter and photoshop - tablet. inspiration for this came from many of my own concept paintings and mood/color keys that im making for a project at work. I might paint and share more of these, lets see..:).

As per the treatment, it’ll work much better if seen from little distance..:).

Thanks a lot for viewing.

Cheers all.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/UnderwaterBlues-1000-waheednasir.jpg

pai
12-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Very beautiful undersea painting but is there any initial part was done in Artrage? Looks little bit different from your usual works not that painterly feel but still amazing piece. :)

FurrTrap
12-09-2007, 03:09 AM
I like the fine style, obviously takes some time to work up...

I keep seeing faces at the moment, a mousey/hamster in jacktars creepy night shot and a face in the main tree on the left.

Maybe I've just been watching too many magical movies lately... Films tend to get inside and influence you without you realizing it.

But then, the same is true of all art! :D

D Akey
12-09-2007, 08:59 AM
The stage is set for something that is going to enter into the spotlights -- almost like a singer or actor walking onto stage. Moody and dramatic.

Also has the feel a bit like an arena.

Very much about waiting for something.

Good one Waheed.

waheednasir
12-23-2007, 06:08 AM
many thanks pai, furrtrap and d akey...:).

pai, as in this thread i share my paintings done in artrage and other softwares, a blend of all of them or just painted in others like photoshop and painter, so this has all been done in photoshop with a touch of painter (written above). im happy u like it...:).

furrtrap...yes, true and myself too feel the same at times...:). thank u very much.

d akey...thats the right observation, the stage has been all set. this was an inspiration from my own concepts that i created for an animation short at work. they are just like stage for action, locations only. thank u for the appreciation...:).

good day.

waheednasir
12-23-2007, 06:13 AM
hi there, i thank again to the staff here for allowing me to share my work done in softwares other than artrage too.

here is my latest piece for everyone.

description:

my recently painted land/waterscape, "Once upon a time", done in photoshop and painter - tablet.

fascination with atmosphere and mood, made me paint this scene and alongwith the particular ambience i went for a slight medieval feel aswell. painted on my own sketch that was made a week ago, i just went thru few refs. before sketching it on paper. the scene that u see here has all been self-visualized and composed. kept it realistic yet painterly...:).

i wish everyone Merry Christmas and a great New Year...:).

happy viewing.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2324/ouat1000waheednasirep1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

D Akey
12-23-2007, 08:59 AM
This is great. It's clear that you hand was at this one. I can recognize your swash and color sensibilities at work.

I hope you let us know when you have finished the animation. I very much want to see it.

You're a formidable artist whose talent is taking you on quite a ride in your life.

Happy holidays to you and yours as well, my friend.

waheednasir
01-02-2008, 02:29 AM
thank u very much d akey, always appreciate your visit and your very kind feedback...:). glad u like this one as well.

the animation has been done, just a bit of composite tweaking is left to do, but i like it as it is now. for me its finished...:). i would definitely share it with you and with everyone here, but as its not my personal stuff, i have to wait for the "OK" from the boss, u know. it has been done for some international client. i might be sharing some stills, just need little time for that.

i very much hope that u understand. thank you.

best wishes.

waheednasir
01-02-2008, 02:35 AM
this is to wish everyone, a very happy new year...:).

hello there...:), "Semblance", a portraiture, done in painter and photoshop - tablet. was after gloominess, like an illusion in space. the variation and exaggeration of color and
value are all delebrately put, just to aim for what i had in my mind.

cheers all.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6480/semblance1200waheednasipl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

screenpainter
01-02-2008, 05:00 AM
Beautiful work. Love the painterly feel of the landscape and the depth you acheived in the recent purple portrait . Thanks for keeping us updated on your work. :D

waheednasir
01-05-2008, 05:42 AM
thank u very much gzairborne...:).

here is my recent work.

titled: Snowy.
software: painter. tablet used.

visualized the scene and painted in painter using tablet. everything has been suggested in a very casual, painterly way. kindly view it from a good distance and let the brushwork do the rest, or zoom out...:).

thanks for the visit.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Snowy-1000-waheednasir.jpg

D Akey
01-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi Waheed,

Utterly fantastic. It's a real pleasure for me to look at this painting because I love this style of yours.

It's also an additional pleasure because it really demonstrates your technique because I can follow the strokes and progression of the painting. -- color choices, size and direction of the marks and all that.

Quite excellent.

Does Pakistan ever look like this? I've been trying to acquire a mind's eye impression of your countryside, as I have with everyone else who posts here. It's like a class in Geography for Artists.

screenpainter
01-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Superb painting. :D

waheednasir
01-07-2008, 02:20 AM
thank u so much d akey and gzairborne, glad u like it.

d akey, im so happy u find this and the style interesting, my pleasure.

sure, pakistan's northern areas do look like this and are very beautiful. many many spots with lots of snow. u can google for the areas (listed below) and enjoy the beauty:

malam jabba
gilgit
northern pakistan
hunza
kaghan
saif-ul-muluk

im sure ull like them...:).

thanks again and best wishes.

Nika
01-07-2008, 02:33 AM
Wonderfil painting. As D Akey has alresdy said, great style you have! :)

waheednasir
01-08-2008, 04:42 AM
many thanks nika...:). glad to see you.

cheers.

Selby
01-08-2008, 10:26 AM
delightful waheed :) its a delicious treat for the mind to see :D really unusual to me to see warm pinks so dominant in a snow painting...usually they are more blue tones and it makes me happy this is so different and works so well its like a lovely desert for my imagination.

Selby

pai
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
So beautiful snow scene with the wintergreen pine trees. I like it very much. :)

waheednasir
01-18-2008, 07:49 AM
hey selby and pai, thank u so much for droping by and for the kind comments...:).

cheers.

waheednasir
01-19-2008, 06:34 AM
greetings...:). sharing my recent work, "Hazy shades", painted in photoshop and painter, using tablet. basically, a cloud/skyscape with very less area occupied by the vast expanse of land. alongwith a couple of refs study, i did spend some time studying actual sky (from life) too. i went for a hazy mood that has been visualized by myself and am quite content with the final result, hope u all enjoy looking at it...:).

thank you...good day.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/HazyShades-1000-D-waheednas.jpg

D Akey
01-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Very much!

It's amazing. That sky!!!!!

Those colors!!!!!!!!

I think the sepia/sienna tone gives it an idealized, romantic, nostalgic quality, as if it were a memory that has been improved through time and distance.

Incredible look.

Rowena
01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Absolutely lovely painting! :D :D

Nika
01-19-2008, 10:50 AM
What a splendid golden sky! :)

screenpainter
01-19-2008, 11:24 AM
That is an amazing sky. The whole painting is wonderful. It reminds me of those antique canvases Robert has been doing. You really infused warmth
into what would normally appear as a "cool" sky, making the overall effect one of warmth. Finely painted and brilliant work as usual. :D

pai
01-19-2008, 08:58 PM
That's sky and clousd are just gorgeous. It has the historical painting feel. Beautiful work. :)

TobiasRA
01-19-2008, 11:17 PM
Extremely beautiful done, Nasir. :)

waheednasir
02-04-2008, 03:05 AM
d akey, rowena, nika, gzairborne, pai and TobiasRA...many thanks friends...:).

best wishes.

waheednasir
02-04-2008, 03:12 AM
hi...:), sharing my recent concept for a city environment, titled: " City environment - Concept", painted the most in photoshop, with a bit in painter, using tablet.
ive visualized the entire scene, composition, mood and color palette according for the look i wanted to achieve. Went for something futuristic,
just a hint.

ill soon be creating a tutorial in artrage. hope i manage to finish it quickly. will share when its done...:).

thanks for watching. cheers.

title: City environment - Concept.
sofware(s) - mainly photoshop, with a touch painter.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/CityEnvC-1100-waheedna.jpg

---------------

first step:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/CityEnvC-Start-wn.jpg

D Akey
02-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Really groovy images.

I especially like how you have these sort of amorphous general shapes happening in which the painting is more painting than subject.

It's as if you scattered a bunch of colored bits onto a table and began arranging them until they started to represent something.

It is somewhat analogous to Michaelangelo's unfinished slave sculptures (which I admire so much) -- where it traces the path of its creation from pure stone, through the roughing in stages to the more refined bits. Often times I admire that more than a polished finish perhaps because it shows utter faith and self-confidence that the artist will find that tipping point where it just tells enough conscious information while letting the paint have it's moment as paint.

It's like the difference between petting a fur coat vs petting an animal.

In these paintings, the animal in this still lives, yet it has been tamed.

waheednasir
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
hey d akey, thanks for stopping by. your analysis always put a smile on my face....very interesting mate...:). again, if all this (the handling) reminds you of the great great "Michaelangelo", then its cool, im the happiest person...:). im no close at all, but its great to know.

ive put enough detail and let the viewer do the rest of the thinking/imagination. reaching at this very point, i kept my tablet down, i really wanted to do more, but i know that at times u start to ruin things, one must know when to stop while painting...:). these kind of scenes dont leave u easily u know.

glad u like it and its always a great pleasure seeing u around...:).

be well and have a great day.

screenpainter
02-04-2008, 11:06 PM
That's an amazing image. Splendid work indeed. :D

pai
02-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Wow! It's a stunning piece. :shock: I like it. How big is the original painting to have to get to this detail.

Nika
02-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Stunning stuff :)

waheednasir
03-04-2008, 03:03 AM
many thanks gzairborne, pai and Nika...:).

pai, the original is about 1700 pxls wide.

cheers all.

ENCHANTER
03-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Its a amazing piece and more interesting since you tilted the view.......i suspect its a viewpoint of a aircraft of somekind :D

waheednasir
03-08-2008, 09:03 AM
hey enchanter...thank u so much...:) and u are right about the view.

here is more, painted in painter and photoshop, from scratch, using tablet. self visualized. happy viewing.

title: Mountaineers - Before storm.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/M-BS-1000-D-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

title: Harmony - Old city dwelling.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/HrOCD-1000-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

title: Lovely Cumulus.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/LovelyCumulus-1000-wn.jpg

---------------

title: Honestly pure.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/HP-1000-D-waheednasir.jpg

Nika
03-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Tremendous stuff, as always. The old city is my favourite :)

D Akey
03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm floored.

Nice to see you still have time for the rest of the world and not just in the world of your animation. Really masterful brushwork.

You're such a stylist. And it is so natural to you that it seems you go into your world where everything just naturally translates into choppy brush marks and it's consistent and exciting. It's like you invented your own laws of optical physics.

Fantastic stuff. I especially like the last two.

screenpainter
03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
As always, brilliant and masterful work. Love it when you stop by to share what you are up to. :D Just a joy to see your work.

waheednasir
03-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Nika, D Akey and gzairborne...thank u so much for the visit and kind compliments...:).

D Akey, i agree with you on me not finding enough time to work on the animation, thats just because im more into the art side, preproduction, concept, mood keys, art direction, etc and not really into the actual animation stuff directly. my own work that i handle, gets all my time. but i did manage to come up with an animation short, that im just finalizing. ill try my best to show it as its for the client and not so easy to share it on forums, u know what i mean.

thank u for admiring these paintings and my style...:). i appreciate.

cheers all.

pai
03-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi Waheed,

These are awesome paintings. All are beautiful and my favorite is Lovely Cumulus. :) Hope to see some of your Artrage works as well.

waheednasir
03-18-2008, 05:27 PM
thank u very much pai...:).

sure, i have already shared a concept "Valley eve.", in the gallery section, done majorily in artrage and have a plan to make a new on in artrage very soon, that ill share when done...:).

cheers.

waheednasir
03-18-2008, 05:33 PM
hello..:), "Travelling - Old times", painted in photoshop and painter. its all self-visualized and from scratch, using tablet. couple of rock images were merely consulted, days ago. i went for an atmospheric/moody scene, old times, no technology. its a journey through a valley of few ruins.

hope u enjoy viewing it...:).

thank you for stopping by. cheers.

title: Travelling - Old times.
software(s): photoshop and painter.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/T-OT-1000-D-waheednasir.jpg

Nika
03-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Beautiful. Love the mysterious atmosphere :)

D Akey
03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow! That's a grand painting! Very huge in scale. I could see this dominating the wall in some mansion.

I really like the clarity and the atmosphere.

pai
03-20-2008, 04:44 AM
Very beautiful and I love the color palette. Has a historical painting feel. :)

waheednasir
04-14-2008, 02:33 AM
nika, d akey, pai and ubuntu...thank u very much my friends...:).

ubuntu...i know what u mean and that happens with me as well, sometimes...:).

cheers all.

waheednasir
05-08-2008, 02:15 AM
let me share a 3D work this time, i hope u all like it...:).
a personal 3D work done in maya - mental ray. its a collab done during breaks, so didnt really manage to spend lot of time on this.
modeling and lighting is done by my colleage, a sensible modeler Sajid Saim, where as i myself, handled the concept/design, art direction and texturing.
went for a typical village street and for that, every point and aspect has been considered during the concept (pre-production) and thru out the process. it was a fun collab and was very enjoyable.
everthing has been modeled except the ready made tree. references consulted for the door, window and the bench.

Title: Village dwelling.
Software: Maya.
Texturing in Photoshop.

pleasure viewing...:).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/villdwellng-waheednasir.jpg

D Akey
05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Fantastic!

Collaborations can produce good things if they're the right people participating.

Good one. I really like the image a lot.

waheednasir
05-11-2008, 05:51 PM
hello d akey, my friend...:). thank u, its always great to have u around.

let me share another collaboration, same team...:). here:

a 3D version of one of my own oil paintings, titled: In the Studio -2. painted on canvas.
its was a really interesting work to carry on. my friend at work, sajid saim did all the modeling and lighting and i myself handled the direction, design and texturing.
ofcourse its very hard to get the charm of an oil painting, but we somehow did achieve a fairly decent result, that we are quite content with. done in Maya - Mentral ray.

hope u all like it too...:).

title: In the studio (3D version after an oil painting).
software: Maya, rendered with mental ray.
texturing: Photoshop.

here is the link for my original oil painting on canvas:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/InTheStudio-2-Oils-waheednasir.jpg

cheers all.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/InTheStudio-900-wn.jpg

pai
05-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Very beautiful 3D images, Waheed. How long does it take you to finish each piece in the 3D program? Looks very complicated process but I like it a lot. :D

screenpainter
05-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Amazing beautiful 3D work. I have done some and I have an idea of how much is involved. These are fantastic. :D

prabinpebam
05-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I definitely would like to lear this style!!
It's terrific!!
Loved it!!

Lee
05-25-2008, 03:06 AM
Dear Waheednasir, all wonder-full! would pay to look at your paintings, especially like the harmony city front painting and the clouds with the glassy water, very pretty!

cahitgulden
05-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Perfect has worked

vincevancough
06-30-2008, 08:46 AM
I am humbled by your genius. :) Loved the colors on harmony piece.

waheednasir
10-08-2008, 05:41 PM
pai, gzairborne, prabinpebam, Lee, cahitgulden vincevancough...thank u so much everyone.

pai, 3D involves quite a lot to handle, from modeling, texturing, lighting etc etc to the final render and each of the processes takes time depending on the amount of work and detail you are after. these 3D pieces were done in short time, each of them took around 10 days to finish. done during breaks at work..:).

thanks again all of you and im very sorry for this very late response.

ill be adding more of my paintings and concepts, done in photoshop and painter here, soon.

cheers.

maror
10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
hi waheed, nice to see your still doing great art...
wonderful stuff (except sharper textures in the 3d images...looks abit to smooth) but overall superb work

Well i can wait until you post some painter and ps works...

Greetz maror

waheednasir
10-10-2008, 06:37 PM
thank maror for the appreciation and for the input...:).

ill be sharing more work here next time i log it.

cheers.

waheednasir
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
hello my friends, here are a few pieces i painted using tablet in photoshop and painter. most of them are concepts. these all are self-visualized. they are more of lighting and mood keys as well as proper paintings.

i hope u enjoy the tour...:).

Nature - Jungle mood.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/N-JM-1000-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Nature - Beach.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/N-B-1000-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Blue and white pot.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/BWP-1000-D-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Memorable journey
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/mj-1000-D-wnaheednasir.jpg

---------------

waheednasir
10-10-2008, 10:30 PM
here are few more:

Entangled.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Entangled-900-D-wn.jpg

---------------

Abandoned.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Abandoned-900-wn.jpg

---------------

Festive nights.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/FestNts-1000-D-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

City lights - 2.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/CL-2-1000-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Say cheez
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/saycheez-900-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

pai
10-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Your paintings are just amazing. I really cannot pick my favorite. I like all of them. Thanks for sharing.

waheednasir
10-15-2008, 03:29 AM
i thank you pai for dropping by and for admiring the work. much appreciated...:).

good day.

D Akey
10-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Waheed, your work continues to astound me. I sure hope you get some more traffic in here.

So you have been doing a lot of work playing with lights. I love that. Of course, I have always been a huge fan of your still lifes. I must confess that I prefer your paintings to the 3D stuff. But even that is wonderful.

I marvel at how you use light.

And that river one with the sail boat and the cliffs is downright epic. Phenomenal feel of majesty.

Thanks for posting. Please keep it coming!

Rain11
10-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Wow! Just looked at all of your paintings on page 12 and they are absolutely beautiful!!! I love them all...You have such a fantastic and amazing style or styles of painting. So beautiful!!!:)

ScottF
10-17-2008, 09:13 PM
All are simply wonderful! The ship is super, and I love the cityscapes as well! "Abandoned" would look great hanging on my wall. :)

screenpainter
10-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Stunning new work Waheed. Very cool 3D work, but of course I am most amazed with your painting of light in the still lifes and the city scenes. As always... amazing work. Beautiful art. :) The sheer grandeur of your scenes is breathtaking.

D Akey
10-18-2008, 03:47 AM
Hey Waheed,

This thread has comments meant for you.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15423

Your stuff is appreciated even if you don't get a lot of foot traffic over here.

Lee
10-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Dear Waheed, so that is what 3D looks like, i never knew what you fellows were talking about, although i did notice that there was a certain fuzziness to your last paintings i thought it was just different technique you were using and i was a little suprised by and did not understand the difference, now that i know there is a 3D thing and i under stand the difference, i have to say i like your old way better, just a matter of personal touch i think, although the 3D is cool i do like the old Waheed Nasir paintings best, yes, one of our top painters of all time!!!:)

waheednasir
10-18-2008, 08:29 AM
hey d akey, first of all i thank you from all my heart for the visit and for putting this thread's link on the main gallery of the forum. it came as a surprise to me when i spotted it there. i completely realize that these painting are done in software's other than artrage. and trust me, i always feel little uncomfortable sharing these as i know im in the Artrage Forum. the Staff here has been very very kind to allow me to post these here. my thanks to the team behind Ambient Design/Artrage...:).

i thank you and all others for visitng and for all the kind and beautiful compliments that all have submitted, d akey, rain11, scottf, gzairborne and lee...:).

lee. im not sure which of the work u are seeing as 3d? most of the work submitting here is 2d, all paintings. only a couple of them are 3d. this last page only displays 2d paintings.

cheers and have a lovely day everyone...:).

sandyg
10-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi,
Liked all your work, but I really liked City Lights 2.
Sandyg.

RobertSWade
10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes, this is such an underappreciated thread. Waheed, your works are always inspirational.

Lee
10-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Dear Waheed, oh, phooey! i guess i still am not sure what 3D is:o, but you are still a favorite of mine:)

rax_m
10-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Whaheed your paintings are amazing!! :eek:

It's hard to pick a favourite.
But I like your brush technique and the use of light and darks.

If get halfway to this good I'll be ecstatic :)

Rowena
10-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Awe inspiring work!

ShockHorror
10-28-2008, 04:57 AM
I love every single one of these paintings. Apart from the one labelled 'say cheez' whic hfrightens me quite a bit.

waheednasir
11-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Big Thank You to all of you for your presence here and for the compliments, sandyg, robert, lee, rax_m. rowena and shockhorror...:). u are all so kind.

let me share more, that ive painted using tablet, in photoshop and painter.

its just about the need at work at times that i have to use these softwares as well, esp for concepts. for most of my personal work that i do when i crave for actual painting, i see no where else but click on artrage...:).

thank you and hope u like these too.

all painted from scratch, my own compositions. please see them as paintings, concepts and mood/color keys.

softwares: photoshop and painter.
tablet used.

best.

Rough and cold

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/RnC-1000-D-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Forlornly

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Forlornly-12-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

coops
11-05-2008, 01:43 AM
OH my oh my, what wonderful paintings Waheed. How to choose a favourite well I can't. I look at one and think ah yes thats the one, then at another, ah yes thats the one, well I have come to the conclusion that they are all my favourites. Can't wait for the next. Great job and thanks for the pleasure they bring.

waheednasir
11-06-2008, 06:09 PM
thank u very much coops, glad u enjoyed the visit...:).

best.

Dany51
11-06-2008, 06:26 PM
all painted from scratch, my own compositions. please see them as paintings, concepts and mood/color keys.
I don't understand, "from scratch":confused:

I like the both last paintings, I prefere the "Rough and cold",it looks to me stronger as image.
There are one thing with Painter, You can have all details that you want but is difficult to have with it a powerful expression, it is an excelent software no doubt but i still prefere ArtRage as you also seems to do.:):):)

D Akey
11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I love the snowy mountains in particular. I think it combines the best of your clear brush strokes and a very representational image. I think it's the orderliness of the strokes that I find particularly intriguing. They seem to have the organic uniformity as if looking at the directions of white fur on some arctic animal.

But part of me feels that this is a place of changing weather, so the present calm feels momentary.

I really like your other work too, but I've always been a big fan of your bravura brush work. And this is a variation on that style.

Fantastic. :)

waheednasir
11-06-2008, 10:22 PM
many thanks for dropping by and for the kind appreciation...Dany51 and D Akey...:).

Dany51,"from scratch", means without anything (other image etc etc) on the very first layer for tracing or for anything like getting colors etc from it. when u simply start on a blank canvas, with no image brought in (to trace) and u start painting, then u call it "from scratch".

as both of these practices are very common in digital art (tracing and painting from scratch), people at times inform others about their procedure. well, not everyone does that. i personally think its better to make it clear, thats y i do.

D Akey, its always a great pleasure to have u around and i always like how u observe and analyse the work. thanks..:).

good day.

pai
11-08-2008, 08:05 AM
"Rough and Cold" is my favorite and it's the style I like of yours because of those fast brush strokes movement and free. I can really feel the "roughness" of these mountains in the cold air. It's amazing how your brush strokes can express the meaning of your title and at the same time your subject. I don't know if you understand what I mean. Just brilliant strokes. :)

1animaldrawer1
12-13-2008, 03:26 PM
You are just

AMAZING!

maror
12-14-2008, 12:54 AM
:eek: just brilliant concepts waheed!!!

i really love the fact your doing them just from mind... underlines your great imagination!

Greetz maror

waheednasir
01-08-2009, 10:44 PM
many thanks pai...:).

thank u so much 1animaldrawer1, that was very creative...:).

thanks a lot maror...:).

cheers all.

waheednasir
01-08-2009, 10:58 PM
hello everyone..:), here im adding few more that ive painting lately. they are done in photoshop and panter, using tablet. all of these are my own compositions, self-visualized.

happy viewing..:).

Ornate
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Ornate-900-waheednasir.jpg

--------

The unknown
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/TheUnknown-900-waheednasir.jpg

--------

Valueing still life
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/VSL-900-waheednasir.jpg

misterpaint
01-09-2009, 12:48 AM
o mio dio! oh my god!
amazing!!! your style is great!!!

pai
01-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi Waheed, happy new year to you. It's nice to see your paintings again. The black and white one is my favorite. Very classic look. Missed your Artrage style paintings. :)

ENCHANTER
01-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Waheed Beautiful and amazing as usual....
I love the black and white of the glass vase, did you do that straight black and white, or colour and then adjusted?

screenpainter
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Beautiful Waheed as always. These are stunning. :)

RobertSWade
01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I see you have been busy since my last visit here Waheed. As always, inspirational. :)

waheednasir
01-19-2009, 12:46 AM
misterpaint, pai, ENCHANTER, gzairborne and RobertSWade, thank u very much...:).

ENCHANTER, its painted like that from the very start. whenever i share something in black and white, they are always originally done in tones of grey...:).

here is the recent one i painted yesterday, titled "In the woods".
description:
inpiration for this scene came from a project at work, where im working on various kinds of settings for exteriers. a whole lot of refs are being consulted for initial sketches but composition of entire scenes are handled according to the needs. light and mood settings too, are done according to the requirements. painted in photoshop and painter, tablet.

thanks for watching...:).

maror
01-20-2009, 12:14 AM
boy you're the best:eek:

Just brill.....

Greetz maror

alleswp
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Waheed,
This is spectacular. I don't know how you got your grasses nailed with such detail... Any tips you can share on the foreground grass? Thank you.

waheednasir
01-21-2009, 06:05 AM
thanks a lot maror...:). Best is a big word mate, i do an "Ok" job...:).

thank u very much alleswp...:), trust me that foreground grass was just done with a default, very normal brush, like a pen. i kept it smaller and what u see are just quick strokes, ofcourse controling the pressure as i apply them. i used tablet. a very simple tip is to develop the flow of the hand, it has to be fast and neat and the best way to do that is to practice that on paper using pencil...:). thats the best tip i can give. later, when developed, u can have the same thing with the tablet.

best...:).

waheednasir
04-29-2009, 04:33 PM
hi, sharing few that i did during last few months. concepts, paintings and mood keys. and as u all know, that here i share work done in photoshop and painter, using tablet. all from scratch and my own compositions.

Sundown
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Sundown-900-D-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Reflections
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Reflections-900-D-waheednas.jpg

---------------

Bazaar after rain
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/BazarAferRain-waheednasir.jpg

waheednasir
04-29-2009, 04:37 PM
few more:

My friends
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/MyFriends-a-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Ornate
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/Ornate-9-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Time to smile
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/TimeTOSmile-a-waheednasir.jpg

---------------

Pinks n whites
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/waheednasir/PnW-900-a-waheednasir.jpg

cheers all.

pai
04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
These are awesome paintings, Waheed. Thanks for sharing with us. I like them all but especially like the one titled "My Friends".

coops
04-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Wonderful Waheed, just wonderful. Again I cannot select a favourite but I do like the Baazar as I cannot paint folks in a scene but I will keep trying. Great work and cannot wait to see more.

Lee
04-30-2009, 04:29 AM
Dear Waheed, again, thank you for being so generous to share your beautiful paintings with us!!! especially love the little boats, reflections, can smell the fresh air!!! beautiful!!! :)

joey_matthews
04-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Truly breathtaking!

If had the power of jumping into pictures, I'd be their within yours like a shot. Perfectly done! Kudos,
~Joey

mary allen
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
I am considering purchasing ARTRAGE...if your work represents the possibilities I am amazed....does the software also come with built-in talent? How long did this take you?

waheednasir
04-30-2009, 04:42 PM
pai, coops, lee, joey and mary, thank u so much...:).

mary, welcome to the forum. these paintings, except the very first one in this thread (first page), have been painted in other softwares and i do always mention that. you can search for my other thread through my profile, to see my artrage paintings. i use wacom tablet for painting.

i would surely recommend you to get Artrage if u are planning to. its a great one and im positive that youll love using it. and share your work here with this wonderful community...:).

let me share here for you, the link for my recent artrage submission:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18967

cheers all.

Boxy
05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Amazing work waheed. I love everything but the paper/crayon texture really add something special to it.
Your work is alwys a pleasure to see :)
Boxy

Boxy
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
The two diagonal lines created by the branches on the left lead the viewers eye off the canvas and out of the composition. It would be a much stronger piece if directional lines were considered. The technique and painting skill is as always... amazing... wonderful.

Actually since I tend to naturally read an image from left to right I find the branches lead me into the picture not out of it :) That's the beauty of art I guess, everyone sees the same thing differently hehe.

waheednasir
06-25-2009, 04:12 PM
many thanks Boxy, for the lovely feedback. best to you...:).

lets me share 3 more that ive painted recently. details are given.

Tranquillity -2
painted using tablet in painter, to take a break from the routine. atmospheric, was my only concern and went with the flow.
from scratch, my own composition.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/7305/tranquillity2wn.jpg
Shot at 2009-06-22

---------------

Cloudscapes
just quick random sky studies, did last week. largely done from life, with couple of refs studied for an idea before start. tablet used. painter. from scratch.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9465/clscwaheednasir.jpg

---------------

Mountaineers - Snowbound 2
showing mountain range and few climbers making their way through thick snow, indeed a tough task. i did consult few refs for snow and mountainous areas, at the time of initial sketching. later planned the composition that suited my requirement. this is actually done for a friend, as a concept, for an opening shot of a project.
photoshop, painter, tablet.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4308/msb2cgtntwn.jpg

hope u find these interesting to watch...:). cheers.

ScottF
06-26-2009, 10:00 AM
What beauties, waheed! Always love to see your work!

waheednasir
07-16-2009, 10:23 PM
many thanks scottf...:). and so nice of you to drop by .

im sorry i got little late in replying.

here is more, painted using tablet in painter.

Karachi - Yesteryears
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/8638/kywaheednasir.jpg

---------------

Oriental
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5528/orientalwn.jpg

cheers all.

Lee
07-17-2009, 05:59 AM
Dear Waheednasir, it is always and honor and priveledge to see your paintings, no mater what the subject, so beautiful!!!! love the bouquet of pink daisies!!! thank you!!!:)

Juz
07-18-2009, 11:59 AM
This entire thread is eye-candy. What a master!!
Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful works :)

Freid
07-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow !

It took me a long time to see your works, I love many of it, especially those weird house you made.
Thanks for your inspiring work.

So i read that you're using painter # toshop. Are you using Artrage a bit ?

And one more question do you still paint with real media ? (just curious)

waheednasir
07-20-2009, 09:36 PM
thanks a lot juz and fried...:).

yes i do use artrage too, ive painted a lot in artrage and i still do. infact ive just upload an artrage painting in the gallery section here. link:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=199129#post199129

if u like to see more u can click on my nick/name and can go thru my posts/threads where ull see my other posted (artrage) paintings.

and yes i do paint in oils on canvas whenever i get time and that happens rarely these days. to see my traditional paintings u can visit my website. thank you.

cheers.

Ann Timmy
07-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Quite a wonderful thread. No wonder it's in this showcase.

wenkat
07-22-2009, 03:38 AM
Salam Nasir Saab! Being a fan of your works, I have nothing to add to the happy remarks already made by my ARmates here!
Best wishes!:)

waheednasir
07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
thank you very much ann and wenkat...:).

good day.

Silentman
07-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Some very nice works of art indeed, will be checking back here from time to time :)

Alexandra
08-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Waheednasir-I really enjoyed viewing your image. Beautiful.

waheednasir
03-17-2010, 11:32 PM
thank you Silentman and Alexandra..:).
here is my recently done work, that got plugged on cgtalk front page banner.
title: Ruined in woods.
softwares: photoshop - painter - tablet.

nothing much to write here, a wrecked car in topical woods and now owned by trees and foliage around it.
i wanted to and have taken this ahead a little further, as to put more drama, yet maintaining the calm mood of the place. i did consult few refs for cars, old cars and trees but didnt exactly follow any, changed the state of everything as per my liking and needs.
painter - photoshop - tablet.

best.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3813/riw975waheednasir.jpg

coops
03-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Wow Waheed what a fantastic painting. If only that car could speak, I am sure there is a story to tell. Great job:)

avionartrage
03-22-2010, 02:53 PM
very serene indeed...

JKD Cachets
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
I like this very much, but my eye is attracted to the large white cloud in the upper center of your sky. It looks like a big white bird coming in for a landing. Once seeing that I can't get it out of my mind.
Thanks for sharing your work.
JKD Cachets

CathyMason
04-03-2010, 06:52 AM
The detail and light creation is wonderful!
Glad I happened to see this!

wenkat
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
We aren't seeing just a picture; we feel real and exist on the scene. My humble salams to you and your artistic talent.

justjean
04-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi Waheed, it's been a long time since I've seen you around :D and your paintings are as always a joy to look at

justjean

waheednasir
04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
thanks a lot everyone...coops, avionartrage, JKD Cachets, CathyMason, wenkat and justjean..:).
JKD Cachets, i kept that less obvious than the foreground, i guess it still needs tweaking, thanks for the input.
weknat...wa alaikum assalaam, thank you.
justjean, yeah, its been long time, i hope u are doing well. thanks for dropping by.

thanks again and good day everyone.

.KFC.
04-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Alright, where are you hiding this magical pixie dust that makes everything you do amazing?

mfasy
07-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Beautiful pastel piece, which admirably accomplished your goal.

eighty+
07-06-2017, 05:29 AM
Hi Waheednasir a few things like darken the the twigs on the right side of the tree plus enhance the three Birds
as we are standing about 15 paces away so they become the main focal point and darken the seagulls bringing
them closer and a dark Water line in the distance or call it A Veg line if you like as for the background that will look
after its self with no problem as for the branch'es on the left no problem as tree's grow where feel like going OK '
but don't take any notice of me as I'm only an old Bodger CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Margaret Buono
07-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Hello Waheednasir,
Your painting is awesome. Truly you have created what you had set out to. It is a most beautiful painting with excellent color scheme, detail and rendition.
Thank you so much for sharing your talents with your art.
Margaret