PDA

View Full Version : Blazing Berzerker

Picster
07-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Heres my newest picture, i wanted to make a brutal berserker standing on the skulls of his victims.... :twisted:

it needed a little post work in photoshop (make the colors more twisted and some of the special effects: eyes, sword, etc / mirror effect)

C&C welcome and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

marcotronic
07-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow!!!! This is really outstanding! One of the best Artrage paintings Ive ever seen. Im quite interested in how the picture looked like before you did your final work in Photoshop. Do you have a "before-Photoshop" image which you would like to show us? Id like to see how much real Artrage work this is.

Which resolution did you chose for the image? It looks as if you worked on a very high resolution - the details look so tiny.

Beautiful!!!

Marco

Bumble
07-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow this is amazing...... :D :D

maror
07-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Welcome picster!

Outstanding!!!! :shock: Best char concept pic here until yet!
But some questions coming up:
-what is artrage (samething what marcotronic asked)?
-do you use 3d programms also? => look at the very clear shapes!

and some after looking trough you're website (nice stuff):
-how often do you overpaint photos and just use refrees?

I hope you don't mind these questions, but i like to know what skills people really have...a hard task in the digital century!

Greez

AndyRage
07-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Yum yum yum yum YUM!
Awesome painting. I'm also curious to know what you used in Photoshop for finishing.
It will inspire me to put things into a future version of ArtRage so you dont need Photoshop! Hehe.

Wikash
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
woowwww :shock: niiceee!!

tough i would have done it with less armor, more muscles, more white on the skeletons, an axe or hammer in stead of sword, less blue and more red in the background. :D

ENCHANTER
07-14-2007, 12:28 AM
amazing work!

indeedeee

:D

jacktar51
07-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Very good painting .....very sharp and clear, so I guess you used a BIG size to start...and presumably kept to png so as not to loose to much during various processes...please correct me if I am wrong.....great stuff..great imagination..Jack.

Cdric Trojani
07-14-2007, 01:25 AM
very good painting

pai
07-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Stunning excellent work. So cool drawing ~~~ :D

Nika
07-14-2007, 02:33 AM
Great work :)

D Akey
07-14-2007, 06:42 AM
Really great shapes. Very clean and crisp.

I'm very impressed.

Interesting choice of colors too -- the purplish cast. Unexpected.

Has a fantasy feel because those are usually fantasy colors.

Picster
07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Heres the Version i exported from ArtRage for further editing to Photoshop.
I changed the colors, added effects and the reflection.

Picster
07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
here is a detail shot

screenpainter
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow. That is phenomenal drawing... the detail acheived in AR is unbelievable. Why not have the same detail in the boots. I think that is a weak spot if any, but it is hard to even notice because of the amazing job done on the armor!
I may be alone in this... but I prefer the Art Rage version prior to Photoshop.
Great job on both.

Freid
07-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Nicely done :)
Freid

D Akey
07-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Excellent excellent.

I like qualities in each. I like the atmosphere and glow of the first. I like the color in the second.

This guy's definitely a handful.

jacktar51
07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Picster....You are a good Artist my friend.....I recon you could have left Photoshop alone...Oh perhaps not, you would need it to do the vertical flip, your artistic ability shows best in the one before you added the effects..... I am a great believer in using all the tools available,and it is old fashioned to stick with just one tool...and effects have their place, but this is a remarkable painting before you added those effects, but as Mr D Akey says there are true merits in both of these versions, great skill.... Jack.