06-28-2007, 05:53 AM
You make it look easy. Stunning!

Bumble
06-28-2007, 06:52 AM
Absolutely Wonderful :D :D

DoodLS
06-28-2007, 07:04 AM
What a great flower. You're amazing!

Now this is what I am talking about. That was what I was trying to do. Just about ready to throw out my wacom...

I just can not understand how you can do those gray/white stripes in the pentants and leavves. I can't get AR to do that. Have been trying for days, but it just doesn't work.

DoodLS

pai
06-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Very beatiful painting. I like the color palette of this one.

D Akey
06-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Brilliant.

Hearkens back to vintage botanical illustrations.

AndyRage
06-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Yowza! Stunning stuff! That's got such lovely depth and feeling to it. Really awesome work, Fashmir.

Nika
06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Fantastic! :)

Fashmir
06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
tracyf79- thanks for that.

dmeaves- Thanks to you as well.

Bramblerose- Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

RobertSWade- Thanks, it has become easy, it didn't begin that way. :wink:

Bumble- Thank you my dear. :D

DoodLS- Thanks. Try using the crayon tool on paper with zero roughness. Select very similar colors as you move through the painting and softly blend them with the tool itself and then the pallet knife. You can get some nice soft blends that way.

pai- Thank you so much. I saw your flowers too. Very nice.

D Akey- Thanks man. Nice to see you in here.

AndyRage- Thank you for looking in and commenting. It must be satisfying to realize that every effort from every ArtRager is a reflection of your own magnificent art/science.

Nika- Thank you.

Sweedie- These do indeed grow in the area where I live. I used to pick them in the forest as a child until a kindly neighbor informed me that when picked it takes years for them to come back. I have simply enjoyed them in their natural home ever since. I have seen some of your flower paintings and enjoy them immensely. Thanks for stopping in Sweedie. I haven't had a chance to speak to you as much as when the forum was smaller. Nice to hear from you.

bassetsketch
06-28-2007, 02:10 PM
nice, i wish ontario can use this painting for something >_> the trillium on our badge is ugly

great construction of volume with those grays and greens :D

speggie
06-28-2007, 02:45 PM
as always a real pleasure matey ...........teriffic ...hee triffidic sorry ..........

ENCHANTER
06-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Fashmir:
Here's a Flower.

.......and indeed, what a flower this is!!

amazing work!

Fashmir:
.........when the forum was smaller

:) This forum has grown so much since i joined about a year ago

ENCHANTER
06-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Fashmir:
Here's a Flower.

.......and indeed, what a flower this is!!

amazing work!

Fashmir:
.........when the forum was smaller

:) This forum has grown so much since i joined about a year ago

jacktar51
06-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Hello Fash...Good to see one of your paintings,It seems a long time since the last one...but that might be because I Await them ..I like the depth of field you managed to get in there,and I go with Mr D Akey in the book Antiqua..the illustrated Botanical...Tizz reminicent,very good work David,nice to see it...Very professional stuff.....Jack.

Fashmir
06-29-2007, 09:31 AM
bassetsketch- Thank you for commenting. I have never seen the Ontario Trillium badge but it is hard for me to imagine an ugly trillium. It must be possible though. :)

speggie- Thanks for jumping in mate. It's always treffidic to run into you. :D

ENCHANTER- Thanks. Yes it has gotten much bigger hasn't it.

Jack- Thanks so much for stopping in mate. Good to see you as always.

screenpainter
06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Beautifully done. Amazingly dramatic image for a flower. Love how it is artistically rendered to have a vintage feel. Masterfully painted.

maror
06-29-2007, 11:33 PM
oh very clear shapes....superb lighting...superb colors...another Fashmir masterpiece.... btw: What means fashmir?

greez

Fashmir
06-30-2007, 06:34 AM
gzairborne- Thank you for the kind words. I enjoy art from so many periods it is nice to taste them for myself once in a while.

maror- Thanks for the response you gave. Fashmir can mean many things. It started out as the name of a draconic creature I spent time with in my imaginings as a child. I spent a great deal of time alone playing in the forest where I grew up and this dragon-like creature was my companion. Eventually it became a frequently used name in fantasy role-playing games and then an online identity. I once chose to give it further meaning during a time when I felt unsupported in my path to becoming an artist. I turned it into an acronym. Fantasy Arts Still Have Merit In Reality.

Thanks for asking.

maror
07-01-2007, 01:59 AM
@fashmir that's truly an amazing background....and a very nice meaning! I think it's a great fortune when you can grow up in free nature! thx for the explanation...i wish there is something like this behind my alias!

greez

Fashmir
07-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Maror- I do feel glad to have grown up in the quiet of the natural country side. This solitude and the spiritual quietude that it brings finds echo in what I feel is a deeper meaning of my name. Finally A Silence Has Manifest Inner Reality.

It is in the stillness and quiet of my inner experiences that various realities can be made visible in this physical world.

Let's not attach too much importance to it all though. Words are only sign posts pointing beyond themselves.

D Akey
07-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Way cool, F.A.S.H.M.I.R.

Selby
07-01-2007, 12:39 PM
lovely trillium..never met a real one...but i feel sure i should know it at once if i saw one because your work is so wonderfully explainatory from the soft petals to the bumpy leaves :)

Selby

heikki
07-01-2007, 07:48 PM
:)

Very good David..clear and freshing. :D

:)

DaveRage
07-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Can't believe I missed this! That's amazing, Fashmir. It's so very crisp. Ahaa, and it was nice to see the meaning behind the name :)

pretty genius
07-03-2007, 03:27 AM
i like flower very much and ur flower is very nice :wink: pretty

Fashmir
07-04-2007, 06:22 AM
D Akey- 8)

Selby- Thanks for commenting. It's so nice to have you back on the forum.

heikki- Thank you. These are among my favorite flowers.

DaveRage- I'm glad you enjoy the flower and the name. :D

pretty genius- Thank you for taking notice of flowers. I'm glad you like mine.