PDA

View Full Version : Doorknobs

Mouse
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
I used to tear down old houses and then use the lumber in them for new housing projects. The old lumber has a character to it you won't find in new lumber "at least in the states".

Often, I would find these very ornate doorknobs. Architecturally they were beautiful. Artistically they were beautiful.

Opportunities are often referred to as "doors". This door was closed, but that door of opportunity opened for me. And yet, it's the doorknob that opens the door, but is always neglected.

Paint a doorknob, one you have seen, one you would like to see, one that represents an opportunity you accepted.

Mouse
06-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok, here is a start. I am using a mouse, very hard for me to do. Doorknob baseplate and lock plate. No doorknob, but hopefully your imagination will do.

From room 10 of hotel NoWhere. Nobody comes out, only in. :-)

Thirsty Eye
06-25-2007, 06:39 PM

What is a knob.. except an eye?

Done in 15 minutes, with a mouse on one layer..

Mouse
06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Kewl doorknob. Is this a painting of a real doorknob? I like this one.

Thirsty Eye
06-29-2007, 10:47 AM
:)

No..
It is just of my imagination..

And desire :)

alildevil
07-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Well I am sure that my roommate totally thinks that I am nuts for staring at a doorknob's in the apt for about 45min... :shock:

Mouse
07-09-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm always amazed at the detail in older manufactured works. In today's "modern" age as a society I feel we have lost detail as a trade off for ease of manufacturing.

This painting reflects that. Awesome work on the doorknob itself. Great Job.