PDA

View Full Version : My ArtRage paintings

nekomata
05-11-2024, 05:53 AM
I've been thinking of starting a thread here for some time, but since I wanted it to be focused on my work done solely in ArtRage first and foremost, I wanted to finish some pieces with one app entirely, and that both took time and I had to push stuff back for unrelated reasons - life really gets in the way sometimes.

I'll post some pieces that didn't have extra refinement in a different app first, aside for some sharpening:

The Moon

Typically, I start everything I paint these days as an AR pencil sketch or a scan of a detailed pencil draft done on paper, which gets a layer of oil underpainting in AR, details are added with a combination of oil brushes and custom brush tool (you can download my latest custom brush presets here (https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?57293-(Custom-Brush)-Simple-Acrylic-Brushes-5-pcs), by the way; I finished the first image in this thread almost entirely with those.)

The Stars

nekomata
05-11-2024, 06:06 AM
I love painting nature, and I really fell in love with landscape painting in ArtRage several years ago.
it is the closest thing to achieve the oil/acrylic/pastel painting look using digital brushes, and I love it so much.

The Tree.

Rainfall.

A faster piece, painted in about 2 evenings?.. Several years ago.

A Blossoming Court.

A lighter, more colorful, more impressionistic in execution, quick and simple painting, which helped me discover the magic of glitter sprinkles and their ability to lighten everything up in no time.

Everything else that I'm painting gets taken to a secondary app, and I'll eventually post some of that stuff too, along with new pieces - several in the works at the moment.

Thanks for watching!

Perendale
05-14-2024, 02:10 PM
This is beautiful work! They have great feeling and the compositions are great too. I really like the tree.

Thanks for sharing it.

Brett

sueellen
05-22-2024, 04:44 AM
I love "A Blossoming Court". The blues wow me. This is something that were it for sale I would buy it for my daughter.