PDA

View Full Version : Artrage Vitae is Unusable after Sonoma MacBook Update

SirBlirmp
05-02-2024, 09:08 AM
Hello, I've recently updated my MacBook M3 to Sonoma 14.4.1 and Artrage Vitae and 6 are now unusable. When moving my canvas, the working area is filled with glitching white lines. I can deal with that, if needed, but it's a terrible distraction. Worse, when I'm painting, the brush begins to lag unacceptably after a few minutes. Oddly, if I go to the settings menu and close the window, painting returns to normal--but then returns to the lag. I've attached a screenshot.

I have a project due and I am desperate for a solution. I've even reset my Mac to factory settings and re-installed a fresh copy of Artrage to no avail. It appears to be a GPU issue after the update. I cannot use the software in its current state.

I am using an Xencelabs 24 pro display, but this glitch occurred after my factory refresh before connecting or installing drivers for this tablet.

Thank you for any assistance. As I mentioned, I am desperate.

Perendale
05-02-2024, 05:11 PM
I'm afraid I can't be much help. There are several users - including myself - who are struggling with ArtRage and Sonoma.

Here are a few desperate suggestions:

1. Make sure all other graphic apps are shut down.
2. Make sure 'multithreading is toggled 'off'. <Edit><preferences><advanced preferences>
3. If you're using a tablet, make sure the drivers are up-to-date
4. Call a shaman and sacrifice a chicken (just kidding!)

Other than that I can offer nothing except sympathy :-(

Brett

markw
05-03-2024, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately, like Brett, I’m not able to offer you any immediate practical solutions here:(:(:(
I would suggest you send a report to Ambient Design regarding this issue with Sonoma+M3+Artrage+your tablet and hopefully Andy might have some solution for you.
Looking to the longer term though any reports like this sent to Ambient it will hopefully lead to a fixed in a future ARV update.
Sonoma has proved to be a bit of a nightmare for several developers it would sadly seem:(
Web support: https://www.artrage.com/get-support/
eMail: [email protected]