PDA

View Full Version : Another Way Home

Perendale
03-05-2024, 08:41 PM
I keep painting versions of this painting. Some better, some much worse! I think it must be embedded somewhere in my collective unconscious! :D

Brett

Dee Al
03-06-2024, 07:25 AM
Great! Like it!

Perendale
03-06-2024, 10:29 AM
Great! Like it!

Thank you!

markw
03-16-2024, 02:18 AM
Nearly missed this one Brett! Glad I didn’t :cool::cool::cool:
Have you read Ursula Le Guin’s Earthsea books?
Soon as I saw this, memories of Ged in his boat Lookfar approaching port sprang to my mind…

Perendale
03-16-2024, 02:42 PM
Nearly missed this one Brett! Glad I didn’t :cool::cool::cool:
Have you read Ursula Le Guin’s Earthsea books?
Soon as I saw this, memories of Ged in his boat Lookfar approaching port sprang to my mind…

I am a long term and huge fan of Ursula Le Guin. I think I have read just about everything she wrote, most of them several times and i always learn something new each time. She has been a good friend, mentor and spiritual guide through the years: through her writing of course, I never met her. I did however write to her on her eightieth birthday to say thank you for all that she had been in my life and i got a beautiful hand written and illustrated letter in reply. I was so pleased I had written. So, moving right along … :D

I hadn’t thought of Ged in Lookfar but it certainly does remind me of that now you mention it. This painting i did several years ago, I was thinking of Ged.

Brett

markw
03-16-2024, 11:45 PM
That’s so nice she wrote back to you herself:cool::cool::cool:
Though from what I hear of her as a person, perhaps not too surprising she took the time to do so!
Her work dose settle into ones memory, it was of Ged I was thinking when I scribbled this over breakfast one morning some years back

Perendale
03-17-2024, 09:31 AM
That’s so nice she wrote back to you herself:cool::cool::cool:
Though from what I hear of her as a person, perhaps not too surprising she took the time to do so!
Her work dose settle into ones memory, it was of Ged I was thinking when I scribbled this over breakfast one morning some years back

She was a truly remarkable writer and human being, i think.

That’s a lovely sketch of Lookfar, especially as it was done at breakfast! You are such a stylish draughtsman. Do you mind if I print that out? Actually, come to think of it, it would make a lovely bookplate!

Brett

markw
03-17-2024, 02:29 PM
You’re too kind:o But I’m pleased you like the sketch:)
I must confess I’m not naturally a morning person! But it was a lazy breakfast that day, I had nowhere to be nor anything else wanting my attention:rolleyes: