PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Surface Go + ArtRage?

MatthewSchenker
01-04-2024, 04:30 PM
Greetings Everyone,

It's been a while since I posted here...

I've been using a Microsoft Surface 5 for ArtRage, and I've always been happy with that combination. But my Surface 5 finally "retired" after 7 years of reliable service!

I'm looking at options, and wondering if a Surface Go is good enough for ArtRage 6? Anyone have an opinion on this?

Thank you!

Matthew

Perendale
01-05-2024, 01:22 PM
Hi Matthew

Welcome back! Just to let you know we’re not ignoring you! I’m afraid I’m a Mac nerd after many years in the PC world, so I have not much help to offer, except to say “Hi!”

Good luck with tablet hunt ;-)

Brett

Enug
01-05-2024, 05:49 PM
Sorry, I can't help either!:(

MatthewSchenker
01-06-2024, 02:20 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for jumping in!

In addition to the Surface Go, I am also looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 or S9.

Enug
01-06-2024, 02:57 AM
Galaxy Tab will work! I have a Galaxy Tab S3 through different iterations of ArtRage. However, the ArtRageVitae App will be a cut-down version of the desktop software. The desktop ArtRageVitae is discounted at present. You can compare versions here. https://www.artrage.com/product-comparison/

MatthewSchenker
01-06-2024, 03:52 AM
Hey Again,

I know what you mean. I was accustomed to the full app while using my Surface Pro 5. Switching to a tablet, I'd have to use the slimmed-down version.

That would appear to give the edge to the Surface Go. However, I did a quick test of each of these at BestBuy. I was surprised -- the stylus experience on the Samsung tablet is superior to the Surface Go.

Tough decision!

MatthewSchenker
01-17-2024, 04:50 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who offered insights here!

I tested both options. I really like the Samsung tablets, but I was not quite happy with the more limited Android ArtRage app. While the Surface Go 3 can run the full app, doing artwork on it felt clunkier.

As it turns out, I need to also get a laptop!

Then today, BestBuy put up a great sale on the Surface Pro 9 -- $999, bundled with a keyboard. That kind of sealed the deal for me, as the Surface Pro 9 has the best of both worlds!

Matthew