PDA

View Full Version : ARVitae iOS & Real Colour Blending?

markw
10-23-2023, 11:01 PM
ARVitae iOS is supposed to have 'Real Colour Blending' now but if you put down two blobs of colour, Blue & Yellow, then mix them with the Knife tool do you get green? I just get shades of grey!
Do the same, but only mix with the brush, and I do get green.
I’m thinking something here is maybe broken…:confused:
I’m trying this on an iPhone SE(2ndGen) running iOS 17.0.3

Enug
10-24-2023, 02:07 AM
I get green with both tools on a desktop. Duh! didn't read iOS.

markw
10-24-2023, 03:18 AM
No worries June:), the fact that it works for you on Android I think still confirms that it is actually a bug, all be it one only affecting the iOS version:(

DarkOwnt
10-24-2023, 03:57 AM
Are you sure you have it on?

Click the small wedge of color in the very bottom-right to check.

markw
10-24-2023, 04:29 AM
Are you sure you have it on?
Click the small wedge of color in the very bottom-right to check.
Yes, it’s “On” and brushes of different colours will blend to their appropriate colours as they pass through and interact with each other.
But when using the Knife blenders I just get greys.
Are you using iOS too? and is it working for you? If so what iOS Apple device are you using?

DarkOwnt
10-24-2023, 07:48 AM
Yes, it’s “On” and brushes of different colours will blend to their appropriate colours as they pass through and interact with each other.
But when using the Knife blenders I just get greys.
Are you using iOS too? and is it working for you? If so what iOS Apple device are you using?

Ipad pro IOS 17... note: palette knife on "Edge" or "flat" blenders do real color blending for me, but "wet" "blur" and "soft" blenders so a straight digital average blend (more like a grey). Maybe you are using different kinds of palette knives in Android versus IOS?

markw
10-24-2023, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the extra info there DarkOwnt :)
I feel a bug report coming on I think…
Yes, think I’ll drop Ambient a line in case they don’t see this thread.

DarkOwnt
10-24-2023, 08:37 AM
Ah...

So it turns out that in the Desktop version of AR 6 and AR Vitae:

ONLY the blur mode of the palette knife is pure digital averaging (as blurring should work) whereas all other modes incorporate real blending when on.

So yes, looks like a bug.

Perendale
10-24-2023, 12:26 PM
Hi Mark

Yes I do get green but *only* with 'hard out smudge' and 'just blend colour'; the rest give shades of grey.

FYI I just checked with my desktop version (7.1.4 - 64bit) on Sonoma 14.0 and all the knives blend to one degree or another.

Can I actually "turn on" real colour blending in iOS? If so, how?

brett

markw
10-24-2023, 01:00 PM
Yes, you can turn 'Real Colour Blending' on by long pressing the current selected colour in the bottom right corner of the screen.
A small submenu will open where you can select it.
When active it’s name in the submenu will have a tick mark next to it.

Perendale
10-25-2023, 11:42 AM
Oh yes, I remember now. I do have colour blending turned on. So my comments stand!