PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer upload files

Perendale
10-23-2023, 09:43 AM
Since updating to iOS17.03 I can no longer upload images from photos to the forum.

Everything seems to work as before, but no file uploads.

Any ideas?

Brett

markw
10-23-2023, 12:07 PM
Same here too Brett on my iPhone:confused:
But I have a vague memory that in the past images couldn't be attached when posting on the forums via a mobile device, it was text only:confused:
Sadly memory dose not suffice:rolleyes: and whether that was a temporary glitch or just the way these forums worked back then I don't recall...:(
Maybe you could drop Ambient Design a note and see what they say?

nekomata
10-23-2023, 05:49 PM
not just a mobile issue - had it on desktop here.

you can get a free image hosting account at imgur.com, for example, that works for sharing images here - a bit of an extra step, but should work for now.

Perendale
10-23-2023, 06:46 PM
Same here too Brett on my iPhone:confused:
But I have a vague memory that in the past images couldn't be attached when posting on the forums via a mobile device, it was text only:confused:
Sadly memory dose not suffice:rolleyes: and whether that was a temporary glitch or just the way these forums worked back then I don't recall...:(
Maybe you could drop Ambient Design a note and see what they say?

Thanks Mark. I’ve always been able to post from my iPad … I think ;) …. I’ll contact Ambient and see what they say. [email protected] - right?

markw
10-23-2023, 11:04 PM
Yep, that’s their contact address :)
In the meantime, while you are here, have a look at this and try it, what results do you get: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?57313-ARVitae-iOS-amp-Real-Colour-Blending&p=542829#post542829

Enug
10-24-2023, 01:57 AM
Yep, me too! I have often had trouble it's always been hit or miss. I spent ages last night trying to attach an image before I gave up.

Perendale
10-25-2023, 11:45 AM
Hi June - Irritating isn’t it 😂

Perendale
10-29-2023, 11:23 AM
Well the upload problem continues: on iPhone, iPad Pro, and MacOS Sonoma. I have emailed artrage support and have had no reply.

So I guess the forum's dead in the water until we get a fix (or not!!)

Very sad.

Brett

DarkOwnt
11-08-2023, 03:16 AM
I wonder who will buy the IP... and will it be continued as an application or will the technology be folded into other software?

God I hope Corel (bloatware) leaves this alone... maybe a new startup will take it and run with it?

markw
11-13-2023, 05:07 AM
I too contacted AR support about this. Trying again today to see if anything has changed, and still not working. All very sad:(:(:(

DarkOwnt
11-13-2023, 05:25 AM
I think that Andy is done.

People grow, people change, people sometimes need a shift, sometimes things happen in life that either hold one back from something or compel one to move on to other things.

I do not sense the same level of interest, activity, or passion. Good for him if it is not unchosen, following your passions and moving on must be paramount in a person's life... not so good for us though. Oh well, the world turns.

This forum and indeed the product itself are likely not long for this world.

I don't know what happens if AR Vitae is pulled from the store (on transfer of IP, sale of company etc.) , I have a good old copy of AR6 which will always work, completely oblivious to app stores or software managers or accounts of any kind.

Perendale
11-13-2023, 09:38 AM
“I think that Andy is done”

Yup! Probably, but who knows. A word or two from ArtRage to let us all know what’s going on would be cool!

If I knew what was going on, possibly I could set up a forum that a small number of ArtRage users could inhabit if people wanted that. But I don’t to do anything in competition with ArtRage, as it were. Or maybe the management of this forum could be handed over to some users, but heaven knows what the legal ramifications of that are :)

Enug
11-13-2023, 01:35 PM
Some depressing numbers - https://6sense.com/tech/graphic-design-software/artrage-market-share

Perendale
11-13-2023, 04:30 PM
Ouch!

I'm very surprised at what's not on the list: Procreate and Rebelle for example.

nekomata
11-13-2023, 11:12 PM
can we stop being dramatic and tone down overposting the board with baseless speculation?

Some depressing numbers - https://6sense.com/tech/graphic-design-software/artrage-market-share

what are those numbers supposed to be about?

who/what compiled that list? it does not look human made, and lists artrage in the same category as adobe after effects, a video retouching editor from an entirely different industry, that has no use for digital painters. why does artrage market share matter for us, the company is privately owned and has no one to pitch their market share to.

there is still no native mac port for the current apple M1/M2/M3 chips, which takes development time on top of feature development, and which was promised earlier on the app store feedback.

imgur solution works for the forum image sharing. there are other websites providing image sharing, free and not.

corel haven't released their annual update for a half-dozen apps this year either, but no one assumes they have cut oxygen to their development crews. even if they've done so, artrage is an independently owned software package operating under a different business model.