PDA

View Full Version : Winter Bird

Perendale
08-18-2023, 09:39 AM
As I maybe promised! It’s a bit derivative from 20 yerars ago: a remembered old album cover and I have no idea who the painter was. Your turn June :D

Brett

Enug
08-18-2023, 01:32 PM
I really like this Brett. I'd go as far as saying this is your best yet. The lines depicting the seagull are so clean and simple. I'm taking up the challenge, it's about time. Now animal or flower, watercolour not, that is the question(s). :confused:

Perendale
08-18-2023, 05:35 PM
Cool! Can’t wait …

markw
08-19-2023, 03:23 AM
...a remembered old album cover and I have no idea who the painter was...
Nice to see something from you again Brett:cool:
Reminds me of Chick Corea’s album cover photo for ‘Return to Forever’. Are we showing our age:o:rolleyes:

Perendale
08-19-2023, 10:20 AM
You’re right Mark, but the album was released in 1972, so not 20 but 50 years ago!! Yes, I am definitely showing all of my 83 years. Whoa! It’s interesting to see how my mind has remembered/mis-remembered the image. It was angles that caught my attention. I remember that anyway. I always liked Chick Corea. I have fond memories of him and Keith Jarrett playing the Mozart double piano concerto together. I have no idea why, when I began to think of a new painting (sketch really) that that image surfaced. I am not nearly as convinced of the stability of time and space as I used to be!:cool:

Brett