PDA

View Full Version : How to set dpi as 300 dpi in vitae for ipad

Newjules
07-16-2023, 01:40 PM
Hi there

I can’t seem to find the secret spot where you set the dpi on the ipad setup when you start a new document. My workaround is to open a new file on my artrage vitae on my laptop and airdrop it over, but if there is a way to do it on the ipad, that would be great. Does anyone know how?

I’ve done a search but nothing came up that was helpful.

I’m using the ipad pro and have the artrage vitae for ipad.

Any help most gratefully accepted.

markw
07-17-2023, 01:26 AM
Historically I don’t believe there has been any provision to set canvas DPI in the mobile versions of AR.
Although in ArtRage Vitae for iOS, and if you have an iPad Pro11" or better, the max canvas size that it can create is potentially 4096 x 4096 pixels*.

But in some respects not being able to set DPI in the mobile version of ARV doesn’t matter too much as image quality is dictated by the overall pixel count of a canvas, not it’s DPI.
Canvas A measuring 4096px x 4096px @72DPI contains exactly the same amount of image information/detail as canvas B measuring 4096px x 4096px @300DPI.
DPI is merely metadata attached to a file so that a printer knows how densely to pack the image information (pixels) into a given area when printing.
As such DPI info can be added to or altered in any finished and exported image file at any time later via most image editing software, such as the macOS Preview app.
So without any size being specified, by default, canvas B in the above example would print physically smaller than canvas A because it’s DPI of 300 is telling the printer to pack roughly 4 times as many of the image’s pixels into each inch of printed area.
You can of course ignore the DPI info contained within any digital image and print it at any size you want! Just remember that the bigger the area it’s pixels have to fill beyond the optimum, the less sharp it’s likely to start looking!

But if your iPad can make a 4096px canvas this is definitely good enough for an A4 print @300dpi and possibly at a push A3 too, if you drop your printing DPI to around 200. It may still look good viewed close to on a wall. (Your style of painting and level of fine detail within will dictate if this is viable with your work).

Though not specifically amid at the mobile versions of ARV, you can see more general info on setting up a canvas in AR and what to bear in mind when doing so here: https://www.artrage.com/choose-canvas-size-artrage/

*As of v1.1.4 for iOS the max New Canvas size is now 6000px x 6000px!:cool:
So an A3 sized print 3508 x 4961px @300dpi is easily within that pixel range and you could probably get away with printing at A2 at a push as well!

bijutoha
07-25-2023, 05:13 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to set the DPI when you create a new document in ArtRage Vitae for iPad. The only way to set the DPI is to resize the document after it has been created.

offerdoylt
12-05-2023, 10:43 PM
I was looking forward to it being integrated on mobile devices. However, I also tried using it on the iPad. Functions work well on larger screens.

Hina888
12-28-2023, 01:00 AM
Many users have requested this feature, and the ArtRage team is aware of the demand. While there's no official confirmation on its implementation timeline, they're actively working on improvements for the iPad version.

Here are some helpful alternatives until then:

Resize after creation: You can resize the canvas after creating your document. While not ideal for initial composition, it allows adjusting DPI for printing or exporting.
Pre-sized templates: Create templates on your laptop with desired DPI and import them into the iPad app. This saves time and provides consistent sizes for specific projects.
Third-party apps: Consider apps like Procreate or Affinity Designer, which offer direct DPI setting on iPad. They might not have all the ArtRage features, but they provide a DPI option.
Remember, the AirDrop method remains a reliable workaround for now. Hopefully, the ArtRage team will introduce native DPI setting in future updates.

Here are some resources you might find helpful:

roma Golich
01-01-2024, 12:27 AM
Hina888 I cannot upload jpg-files as attachment (e.g. 7kib 98x98), can you upload your paintings? Used 6mb for attachments. What is that. I am using modern ggl-based browsers win10p.

markw
01-01-2024, 02:15 AM
Hina888 I cannot upload jpg-files as attachment (e.g. 7kib 98x98), can you upload your paintings? Used 6mb for attachments. What is that. I am using modern ggl-based browsers win10p.
Hi Roma, see my thread about adding attachments to posts on these forums now, here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?57324-Posting-Images&p=542918#post542918

roma Golich
01-02-2024, 09:04 PM
Thank you!
------------
When one honest person needs the bacs to do something new, others do the opposite:

The 20 days before this I try to buy HDD w capasity above 10TB, becouse I download the lectures (Kira Vjyatkina, e.g., bioinforamtica) from y_tube and it's rather huge (>1.5GB, and not one lecture, but about 10th). I live in Russia and now I get the next: I went to the dns_shop_ru and say:
— I need the HDD to the my consumer's conventional computer w windws 10!
— No problem, we have 8 (!) seagete x18 w capasity 14Tb, 25400 rubles minus one ruble — says one from the shop, and gone in next room bringing the HDD.

At home I open the package, and... It's SAS, not the SATA, — I cannot at the time get the controller or cabling (and it would be cost more the the 25399 rubles, e.g. the olders have get monthly about 20000 rubles So I go back and ask: „what the heck I should do with the server HDD, I never see before (and now!) someone can buy at the supermarket!“ — No problem, the shoop like to exchange my HDD (it's by gov lw — 14 day exchange without any questions). So now the servise center say that it found „the invisible spot on the metallic cover and I should forget about 12 month garanty and the right on the 14 day exchange“.

I have found that the serial nubers in the first document (the shops'director forsevly try to draw from my hands) and the SN on the HDD and second document not the same. I ask: „Where the Serial number you read from disk and say your secretary to print the first document“ On that question the shop's director simply read „Seagete x18 14Tb“ — I say: „It's not serial number any way, it's name of the HDD line", and went out.

DNS founder Alekseev on the youtube try to give the random auditoryes the PR like the fonder of Apples, but what the reality I have run in?!
----
PS
I remove the lectures on bioinformatcis, math anlysis, functional analysis, and so on from my disks — I need to save system img of wndws 10.

roma Golich
01-02-2024, 09:34 PM
Hi Roma, see my thread about adding attachments to posts on these forums now, here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?57324-Posting-Images&p=542918#post542918
Thank you I quickly look at the
https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?55588-Just-some-Penguins-And-other-animals

It's fantasticaly real. It's the level to illustrate books, that no one can put under the table's legs.
The „Cheetahs“ — meow!

markw
01-03-2024, 05:55 AM
Thank you I quickly look at the
https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?55588-Just-some-Penguins-And-other-animals

It's fantasticaly real. It's the level to illustrate books, that no one can put under the table's legs.
The „Cheetahs“ — meow!
Really sorry to hear of your troubles with DNS_shop_ru. Such things can happen here too at times I’m afraid:(
Not all sellers are honest sadly:mad:

And thank you for your kind words about my paintings:o Very much appreciated:)
I’m really glad that you and others here have liked them so far:D
I wonder if I can be more productive this year…:rolleyes:

rohan02
03-20-2024, 01:21 AM
To set the DPI to 300 DPI in ArtRage Vitae for iPad, follow these steps:

Open ArtRage Vitae on your iPad Pro.
Start a new document by tapping on "New" or "Create New Document" option, depending on the interface.
Once you've selected the canvas size or template, look for an option similar to "Settings," "Document Settings," or "Advanced Options." It might be represented by a gear icon or located in the menu bar.
In the settings or advanced options menu, there should be an option to adjust the DPI (dots per inch) or resolution. Tap on it.
Adjust the DPI value to 300 DPI. You may need to type in the value manually or use a slider depending on the interface.
After setting the DPI, confirm or save the changes. Your new document will now have a resolution of 300 DPI.