PDA

View Full Version : Painting saved with a symmetry axis.

chomwitt
07-14-2023, 12:33 AM
Artrage: 6.1.2 - 64bit , Windows 10,

I have a painting that each time i opened it i see the symmetry axis. Even if i remove it and save it again i cant get rid of it!
Any ideas and tips welcomed!

markw
07-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Interesting…:confused:
Are you now; closing the Symmetry tool, hitting Save and then closing the painting without using any other tools?
If those exact steps, then yes the next time the painting is opened for me the Symmetry tool is again automatically active.
To get out of this cycle some other action that can be “Saved” within the painting needs to happen in addition to just closing the Symmetry tool.
Try adding a new layer, or making a mark or something after closing the Symmetry tool and then hit Save and close the painting.
Hopefully the next time the painting is opened the Symmetry tool will not automatically be there again.

chomwitt
07-14-2023, 01:23 AM
thanks!! I added a layer and then removed it . Then saved it. It worked ok!
Thanks.
So is this a minor bug ? Should i report it ?

markw
07-14-2023, 05:42 AM
Yes it might be a minor bug… hard to say:confused: But I'm inclined to think it's not.
If for example you open a painting where the Pastel tool was the last tool used, it will have that tool already selected. If you now switch to a different tool, say the Oil Brush, and then close the painting without doing anything else, even if you hit Save, when you reopen it again, the Pastel tool will once more be selected.
Likewise similar things happen with other tools like the Perspective grid.
In this respect AR is treating the Symmetry tool in the same way it would these other tools.
So this may be intended behaviour.