PDA

View Full Version : Flowers and a fish!

Perendale
03-20-2023, 09:09 PM
Not sure if this works or not. But it was fun to make with some interesting technical problems.

Brett

markw
03-21-2023, 05:43 AM
As so often Brett loving your choice of colours and textures:cool:
Has a definite Japanese fell to it and I like the way, that overall feel, reflects the “Kintsugi” repair to the vase.
Not sure about the surface the vase is sitting on…:confused:
But I’m sensing you’ve learnt a lot from this study that could go into taking this idea further, which I hope you do!

Perendale
03-21-2023, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your thoughtful comments Mark, they are always interesting and helpful.

The background for the vase. Ah, yes! I had texture layer that I forgot to turn back on before I exported the image and didn't notice.

Here it is with the the texture layer. I'm still not sure about it though!! I really don't like the way the fish is "smelling" the flower. There is no "distance" between the flower and the background and I'm not sure how to do that. Some aerial perspective is needed. But how? Nice problem!

Brett

markw
03-22-2023, 02:25 PM
Oh yes turning that texture layer back on makes a world of difference Brett!:cool:
Yes, I agree the flower or the fish need to be more separated.
My opening gambit might be to explore having the flower and stem more positively cross over the fish which would show that the fish is in the background.
At least with digital work we can easily move stuff around and generally change things!
I look forward to seeing what solution you come up with:)

Enug
03-22-2023, 02:39 PM
I really like this Brett. I agree it looks oriental and the colours are beautifully vibrant. A lovely design altogether.