PDA

View Full Version : Love Birds, part 4 - Finally FINISHED!!!

terry0205
08-07-2022, 05:56 PM
Hi,

Hope you all like it!

Sue a.k.a. terry0205

terry0205
08-13-2022, 01:37 PM
Hi, I just wanted to make amends for not telling you much about this picture. It's from a coloring book " Bird's & Blossoms" published by Dover. The color scheme is my own.

It took me several years to color. It spent most of the time on my flash drive as a "work in progress". This meant "no work at all". What daunted me were all those flowers around the frame and the multiple backgrounds. At age 70 I finally buckled down to the flowers and the borders I painted by hand. The flowers were all pained by hand too as well as most of the lines in the picture.

A true labor of love,

Sue

Enug
08-14-2022, 12:50 AM
It's lovely Sue - I can appreciate all the work it entailed. Kudos to you for plugging away.:cool:

markw
08-15-2022, 03:46 AM
Funny how sometimes there is this struggle between artist and painting.
And the only thing to do is put it to one side and try again at some later date.
I don’t think there’s an artist out there that hasn’t experienced this at one time or another.:rolleyes:
But eventually, with persistence, the painting comes together.
And here we are! What a result:cool::cool::cool:

spitfireix
08-19-2022, 01:54 AM
The lines on this look too clean to be scanned in. Was the original a digital file or did you redraw it?
Great colours! Reminds me of stain glass at church.

terry0205
08-19-2022, 02:37 PM
The lines on this look too clean to be scanned in. Was the original a digital file or did you redraw it?
Great colours! Reminds me of stain glass at church.

Hi spitfireix,

Happy to hear from you. I scanned in an illustration from a coloring book then added the colored traced lines as I made my way along. I went from the layer for lines and details (so named) to layer for shape colors(also, so name). Elsewhere I explain about setting up the layers for coloring.

Sue