PDA

View Full Version : Switching between windows requires an extra tap, which is obviously unnecessary.

cinematik
07-20-2022, 10:45 PM
When I switch to another window, I expect the tool to draw immediately. But instead I have to touch the new window first and only then will the tool draw where I want it to.

markw
07-21-2022, 03:20 AM
Not sure what you are requesting here:confused:
Could you explain in more detail what you are doing and how you would like it to be different and which version of ArtRage you are using.

cinematik
07-21-2022, 09:03 AM
markw
you are using desktop, so try to create two artrage paintings and try to paint in first document and then switch to another (Ctrl+Tab) and try to make a brushstroke there. Do you have to make an extra click in the working area before you will be able actualy to make a brushstroke? This is how it works for me in AR6.

markw
07-21-2022, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the extra info cinematik :)
I can, and always have, been able to switch between documents in AR6 smoothly, without needing any form of extra click before I can make a mark.
I’m on a Mac and I would note that there is a problem with the default key combo for switching between documents in AR6 (and still in ARV) as it clashes with the macOS default command for switching between apps.
Because of this, a long time ago, I changed the key command in AR’s ‘Set Keyboard Shortcuts…’ panel.
My commands for switching between documents within AR are now;
Next Document = option+right arrow key
Previous Document = option+left arrow key

I wonder if you try setting new key commands for switching documents, whether it would then work correctly for you?
Before changing any commands I would advise exporting a backup of your current settings first in case you want to return to them.
In the ‘Set Keyboard Shortcuts…’ panel click on the menu icon in the top right corner and choose the ‘Export Shortcuts To File…’ option and save the backup to a convenient location on your system.

cinematik
07-21-2022, 05:47 PM
markw
It seems the reason in References images. If the document contains a ref img then it works as I described it before. As soon as I delete the ref img it disapeares. Is it true for your system?

markw
07-22-2022, 12:45 AM
That sounds very strange:confused:
It makes no difference for me whether I have Reference images loaded or not. Nor should it make a difference for you!
Do you see this problem when using a specific reference image or is it happening with any reference image?
If you start a new document with different reference images dose it still happen to you?

cinematik
07-22-2022, 08:43 PM
That sounds very strange:confused:
It makes no difference for me whether I have Reference images loaded or not. Nor should it make a difference for you!
Do you see this problem when using a specific reference image or is it happening with any reference image?
If you start a new document with different reference images dose it still happen to you?

note, the ref image can be in Ar document but hided and in that case the issue doesn't exist
when the ref img is shown the issue is present

it doesn't depend of file type - I used jpg and png and doesn't depend of ref img file size

what are the chances it's an ultimately win issue :confused:

markw
07-22-2022, 10:53 PM
...what are the chances it's an ultimately win issue :confused:
Yes that is a possibly:rolleyes:
As I can’t replicate the problem on my Mac, ideally some other Windows user/s would join in here with what they are seeing given the conditions outlined by you above, which might help narrow down whether it is a general Windows only bug or something more specific to your system.

Enug
07-23-2022, 01:05 AM
Yes, I have to click before I can make a mark on the 2nd instance of AR6 which is open - only if a reference is showing. I don't see it as a problem. I am on Windows.

cinematik
07-23-2022, 01:21 AM
I don't see it as a problem. I am on Windows.
on Mac it seems to be more logical

in case the second document contains your palette it turns into hundreds of extra cliks

Enug
07-23-2022, 03:21 AM
Perhaps I should have said that I personally don't see it as a problem because I don't paint that way i.e. with two instances of AR open.:)

cinematik
08-04-2022, 10:51 PM
as it turned out it happense in the same opened instance of AR

when different instances opened there is no such issue, but it this case every instance have their own independent color picker data

so I consider it as a pure bug

cinematik
10-02-2022, 12:19 AM
still not fixed and it's true when the wintab checkbox is off in input device settings

cinematik
12-28-2022, 04:47 AM
the above is true until realtyme stylus option is enabled