PDA

View Full Version : Painting of Canyon

philippecmartin
06-26-2022, 08:26 AM
Reference: Thomas Moran.

I really like the fact the oil brush aspect can be changed. I Also appreciate using pens with low opacity to glaze and recover "some" of my color errors. As I have "real blending" enabled, I often get into situations where a sharp green will appear when I don't really want to ... although it makes sense. I have used "auto-dry" to prevent that, but I still miss and the glazing option allows for more subtle adjustments. I need to check the forum to see if there are other technics out there for that type of use case.

Perendale
06-26-2022, 12:32 PM
Nice Philippe!

Can't really help you with your questions as I paint in watercolours.

Brett

Enug
06-26-2022, 06:07 PM
You have used perspective (and tiny trees;)) to give the impression of great height. Do you need to have real blending enabled?

philippecmartin
06-26-2022, 06:29 PM
You have used perspective (and tiny trees;)) to give the impression of great height. Do you need to have real blending enabled?

Hi June,

Some day I hope to find time to paint(a lot) with real oil or acrylics. That is one reason I always try to keep real blending enabled; to be ready for that day:)

Frankly, the surprises I get with real blending are not that troublesome. They keep me on my toes actually as, I feel, "RGB" blending generates "muddier" artifacts that are harder to catch.

Regards,
Philippe