PDA

View Full Version : Some recent landscapes

Adridri
06-21-2022, 12:35 AM
Hello. Just joined the forum and started artrage painting few months back. Here are some recent paintings, mostly landscapes.

Enug
06-21-2022, 02:09 AM
Hello Adridri, I'm so glad you showed us your paintings. I particularly note how my attention is drawn to the light in each painting. You have used the palette knife so well - I suspect you have a background in traditional media. Very nice.:cool::cool:

Adridri
06-21-2022, 02:29 AM
Hello Adridri, I'm so glad you showed us your paintings. I particularly note how my attention is drawn to the light in each painting. You have used the palette knife so well - I suspect you have a background in traditional media. Very nice.:cool::cool:

Thank you, yes I have a background in traditional media 😊 I enjoy artrage very much for mobility and conveniance.
Best
Adrien

markw
06-21-2022, 12:39 PM
Yes, hello Adrien and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
You seem to have transitioned your analog painting skills to the digital world quite effectively. These really are good!:cool:
And don’t you just love not having to clean up after yourself in this brave new digital world!

Perendale
06-21-2022, 03:48 PM
Welcome Adrien.

These are excellent landscapes. The light in them is wonderful.

I hope we see some more

Brett

Adridri
06-21-2022, 08:58 PM
Yes, hello Adrien and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
You seem to have transitioned your analog painting skills to the digital world quite effectively. These really are good!:cool:
And don’t you just love not having to clean up after yourself in this brave new digital world!

Yes, not having to cleanup is really appreciated! Looking forward to see what you are all doing around here.

DarkOwnt
07-06-2022, 01:39 AM
Very nice work!

BTW: I made a custom brush for AR6 for using in a Draw Mix Paint method if you are interested. It still works in Vitae. :)

cinematik
07-07-2022, 07:51 PM
I made a custom brush for AR6 for using in a Draw Mix Paint method if you are interested.
Good stuff, I like these brushes.

philippecmartin
07-11-2022, 12:43 PM
Amazing, love the style:)

Expat
07-16-2022, 05:49 AM
This is high art. Nice to see several paintings together to see your breadth of style.

DarkOwnt
07-16-2022, 11:05 AM
Good stuff, I like these brushes.

Thanks! Glad you like em'

I have made second version which is slightly different and includes the blender version (turns off refresh)

cinematik
07-17-2022, 07:15 PM

I have made second version which is slightly different and includes the blender version (turns off refresh)

thanks for sharing, I will definitely try them

Perendale
07-18-2022, 01:32 PM
Me too! Thanks!

Brett

Expat
07-19-2022, 07:55 AM
The brush and blender are nice, but they do lag a bit on my system. Artrage is very good at mixing colors, I hope to learn to control it better.

DarkOwnt
07-19-2022, 08:57 AM
The brush and blender are nice, but they do lag a bit on my system. Artrage is very good at mixing colors, I hope to learn to control it better.

You can up the "Dab spacing" for slower systems.

Maybe 3%?

any higher and you might see gaps.

Adridri
07-21-2022, 11:31 AM
Great thanks for sharing. I will definitely try it!

cinematik
07-22-2022, 09:03 PM

I would say they doesn't differ that much and the v2 looks somehow more grainy.

DarkOwnt
07-23-2022, 01:10 AM
I would say they doesn't differ that much and the v2 looks somehow more grainy.

Yes, that's sort of the idea, although the attempt was more for it to be more "brustly".

One main difference is the brush head. In v1, the head has less space in it, and it was provided with a circular blur to ensure smoothness of strokes on rotation, and allow for larger dab spacing without getting gaps in the stroke.

V2 is supposed be a bit more "bristly", so I added more space between brush bits, and little to no circular blur... to combat gaps with the new brush head, dab spacing was reduced to 0, meaning it would be a slower brush to use. Although gaps might be happening to some degree.

I think my taste in brushes changes from time to time, and at some point with some fiddling, I ended up with V2 and thought it was better. It's quite possible V1 is superior, or at least better to one's taste in how a brush should work or look!

Cheers!

cinematik
07-24-2022, 02:24 AM
I think my taste in brushes changes from time to time

Well, it is quite possible that you will delight us with future versions of these artistic brushes!

MrKhan
07-25-2022, 09:12 AM
incredible where was your motivation for these any location in particular?
the lighting is perfect also, my favourite is the bottom one

Adridri
08-20-2022, 09:47 AM
incredible where was your motivation for these any location in particular?
the lighting is perfect also, my favourite is the bottom one

Sorry for my late reply. This was in Luberon south France, and Paris for the cityscapes. Very inspiring places indeed 🙂