PDA

View Full Version : Woman in Bar

jc001
05-23-2022, 08:29 AM
Done entirely in ArtRage. I enjoy the painterly look you can get with AR and am always (attempting to be) learning. Would love to know what you think!

markw
05-24-2022, 01:07 AM
Another good portrait from you jc001 and not a red head this time I see!
She has a very textural, almost sculpted feel to her, heightened by keeping her surroundings smooth and texture free. Quite striking:cool:
But what has just caught her attention…?

Enug
05-24-2022, 12:24 PM
I'm not a trained artist but I like the way you have used colour and marks to make these great portraits.

jc001
05-24-2022, 02:32 PM
Another good portrait from you jc001 and not a red head this time I see!
She has a very textural, almost sculpted feel to her, heightened by keeping her surroundings smooth and texture free. Quite striking:cool:
But what has just caught her attention…?
Thanks mark, I appreciate it. Funny you noticed "not a redhead" because I've already picked out my next portrait and yes, it's a redhead (but maybe not natural). :D

I'm not a trained artist but I like the way you have used colour and marks to make these great portraits.
I really appreciate that more than you know, Enug. Thank you.

jc001
05-24-2022, 03:52 PM
BTW Enug the personalities you capture in your beautiful animal portraits is amazing. I feel like I know them.

Enug
05-25-2022, 02:47 AM
Thank you - that's so nice of you.:o

Perendale
05-25-2022, 10:06 AM
I like the painting, there is a feeling of her vulnerability and loneliness that works well for me anyway.

I think the object just to the left of the wine glass is a bit of a distraction. It is lighter and pulls my eye to it and I can’t decipher what it is so it holds my attention.

Lovely moody painting!

jc001
05-25-2022, 01:28 PM
I like the painting, there is a feeling of her vulnerability and loneliness that works well for me anyway.

I think the object just to the left of the wine glass is a bit of a distraction. It is lighter and pulls my eye to it and I can’t decipher what it is so it holds my attention.

Lovely moody painting!

Thanks. The bit I'm most proud of is the mood I captured, and also the fact that she feels rather solid and weighty.

The object on the side is... stainless steel jugs. I wondered if they were perhaps a little too light and eye-catching but they were the last thing I included (also in the reference) and it just felt too empty without anything over there; making the image perhaps a little too obvious for my taste. I appreciate the observation. Out of curiosity I may look at what it looks like with them a little darker. :)

Stephen Lo Piano
05-27-2022, 01:59 PM
Your technique makes me believe you have some experience working with natural media such as oil paints or acrylics. The close up of the lady you presented shows strokes of paint outside the part of the color wheel that your object is centered around. The strokes of paint such as blue on the face look good for highlighting reflective light. You have used this technique throughout the painting with very good results. I think of natural media oil painting looking at the technique used in this image.

jc001
05-27-2022, 06:09 PM
Your technique makes me believe you have some experience working with natural media such as oil paints or acrylics. The close up of the lady you presented shows strokes of paint outside the part of the color wheel that your object is centered around. The strokes of paint such as blue on the face look good for highlighting reflective light. You have used this technique throughout the painting with very good results. I think of natural media oil painting looking at the technique used in this image.
Thank you for taking the time to make these observations, Stephen. It means a lot to me.