PDA

View Full Version : How is it ? Freehand portrait

ramyasadasivam
02-07-2022, 04:47 AM
This is my freehand portrait drawing, a study I did from photo. How do you guys like it ?

markw
02-07-2022, 02:25 PM
Hello ramyasadasivan and thank you for sharing your recent sketches.
You definitely have a good eye for detail and an understanding of the drawing process.
But I feel I should perhaps point out that these forums are for users of the digital painting app ArtRage Vitae (https://www.artrage.com/) to share work, done wholly or in part, with that particular software.
If you are using ArtRage, then it would be interesting to know how you are incorporating it in your workflow?

majharul
02-09-2022, 10:36 PM
Wow, your freehand portrait is really wonderful. I have always liked this type of work.

ramyasadasivam
02-21-2022, 07:49 PM
Thank you MarkW

Expat
06-28-2022, 09:26 PM
The only thing I don't like about it is that it makes me envious! Really nice work.

Stephen Lo Piano
10-19-2022, 11:30 PM
This reply is a bit late since your original post was months ago yet I did not get around to viewing this thread until the date stamped on this reply.

There is one suggestion that may be of interest to you. The face looks a bit narrow compared to the photograph. I would use the "Transform Layer Content" option found in the "Edit" menu (or Ctrl+Shift+Alt+T) and stretch it out just a very small bit to get closer to the fullness of the face in the photograph. You will then have white space on both sides of the image that can be adjusted using the "Selection" tool and the "Rectangle" option to choose the corrected size and then select in the "Edit" menu the option "Crop to Selection".
I think you will be pleased with the results if you are looking to come as close as possible to duplicating the photograph using digital painting tools and skills.
On the other hand I could be wrong with your intentions, you may have intentionally decided to make the face appear narrower in your drawing?