PDA

View Full Version : Gaussian Blur?

JMMK
01-02-2022, 05:17 AM
How to add a Gaussian Blur to a layer?

Enug
01-02-2022, 07:15 AM
Is this what you are looking for? Edit/Filters/Blur Layer.

JMMK
01-04-2022, 10:59 PM
Thank you for your reply, but what I am looking for is something like the photoshop Gaussian Blur, so I don't have to switch program for that effect

markw
01-05-2022, 12:26 AM
Hi JMMK,
What specific functionality are you wanting that Photoshop’s Gaussian Blur gives you?

If you are wanting to only blur specific areas on any given layer, you can select those areas first using the Selection tool before using the Blur filter.
Another option for tackling specific areas of a layer might be to use the Palette Knife tool using the Blur tab found in it’s Settings panel.

JMMK
01-05-2022, 01:26 AM
Found a Filter that works for me.
Filter: Redfield - Sketch - Photocopy...
Thank you Enug and markw, for thinking along

nekomata
01-05-2022, 05:50 AM
How to add a Gaussian Blur to a layer?

"gaussian blur" in photoshop and the "blur" function in artrage are very similar - they both produce softened picture effect with a radius adjusted by you to tweak the blur strength.

photoshop has more interesting advanced blur features, i.e. camera blur and some other ones produced by 3rd party developers, that will need to be added to artrage as separate plug-ins.

I'm glad you've found a solution that works for your needs anyway.

JMMK
01-06-2022, 02:34 AM
Thank you for the reply.

I started all over and used some tips from you all , and it works fine now.

The main error was I mist a step in the process, but with the tips it is now an even better painting result