PDA

View Full Version : Color sampler inaccurate

Ash and Rust
11-15-2021, 06:38 PM
Hello,

I'm having trouble with the color picker. As you can see in the video, it sometimes sets the wrong color when I select a pixel on the canvas, but it's fine if I pick it from a reference image. This happens with any tool and on the normal blending mode.

https://youtu.be/gXD-WTRTF0E

What's going on?

romaroken
11-16-2021, 01:07 AM
You need the help of a professional, I don't know much about it.

Spiraleyes
11-16-2021, 03:31 AM
I'm wondering if it has to do with canvas lighting. In order to simulate a canvas texture certain parts are darker or lighter than the actual pigment on it. Maybe turn off canvas lighting in the options and try it again.

Ash and Rust
11-16-2021, 03:29 PM
That would make sense, but the problems stays when I change the canvas texture. I can also see that its value is uniform when I hide the layers.
As for the canvas lighting option, it only seems to affect the 3D effect of brush strokes.

JMMK
12-12-2021, 02:27 AM
I have the same problem on my PC, maybe a program error?

markw
12-12-2021, 06:28 AM
Can’t say I’m seeing this behaviour in the current ARV 7.1.4 or AR6.
There was a bug sampling in the early ARV release, now fixed, that was dependent on the size of canvas, small ones being the problem and if the sampling was from specific areas of the canvas, towards the bottom or right hand side. But as I say, now fixed.

Can you give any more info, like exact steps to reproduce or an example file where the colour sampling is consistently incorrect?
Also AR version and OS.

With the “alt” key sampling method, it is dependent on what settings have been applied in the ‘Colour Sampler’ tool’s Settings panel.
Make sure ‘With Lighting’ is turned Off, so it only picks the true colour.

JMMK
12-13-2021, 10:19 PM
With the “alt” key sampling method, it is dependent on what settings have been applied in the ‘Colour Sampler’ tool’s Settings panel.
Make sure ‘With Lighting’ is turned Off, so it only picks the true colour.

Ihis method is giving the right colors
Thank you markw

JolantaAgata
03-30-2022, 09:27 AM
Operating system compatibility issues. Check on specs always and requirements

Expat
07-09-2022, 03:36 AM
I'm having a struggle with this, too. In a painting with overlay layers, the color picker chooses a hue which is too light. By making the layers invisible, the colors matched better, but still needed to be darkened. This was with the lighting option turned off in the color picker. On a new canvas, the color selection was accurate, so it must be a problem of that particular project. The settings for hue and saturation don't seem to make any difference whether on or off.

markw
07-09-2022, 04:40 AM
The other thing that springs to mind Expat, that may effect what you are seeing, is whether; ‘Current Layer Only’ is selected or not in the Colour Sampler settings?
Make sure ‘Current Layer Only’ is selected and that you are on the correct layer that you wish to sample.
If the option is unselected, your mentioned “Overlay” layers may interfere with the correct colour selection.

Expat
07-09-2022, 10:28 AM
The other thing that springs to mind Expat, that may effect what you are seeing, is whether; ‘Current Layer Only’ is selected or not in the Colour Sampler settings?
Make sure ‘Current Layer Only’ is selected and that you are on the correct layer that you wish to sample.
If the option is unselected, your mentioned “Overlay” layers may interfere with the correct colour selection.

Thanks, Mark. I just realized this thread is about the mobile version, my problem was with the desktop program. But it probably doesn't make much difference in this case.

jozefbehrmusicacademy
09-27-2022, 07:02 PM
Thank you mate for sharing your problem , i have the same error after using the given method in thread got proper solution.

Jozef Behr Music Academy