PDA

View Full Version : Evening in Switzerland

maror
05-14-2006, 04:35 AM
My latest work

Fictional mountains (maybe the swiss alps
:P ), test of the blending tutorial (thx ENCHANTER).

ENCHANTER
05-14-2006, 04:50 AM
:cry:
you do mountains better than i do!!
(my secrets out!!)

:) kidding,
love it

i love the lighting especially,

Enchanter

Aged P
05-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi Maror,

Is Alpenglow alsp a Swiss word?

That beautiful red glow on the mountains is such a strong colour.
I haven't spent enough time near high mountaims to get that right.

The blending thing that I liked was the 0% setting on the knife, I will try it on mountains now.

AndyRage
05-14-2006, 11:50 AM
It looks like early dawn on the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown.
Nice work.

cym
05-14-2006, 11:29 PM
I agree with Aged, the colors, the glow is great. I must have missed the tutorial on blending, I'll have to check it out.

evaperrin
05-15-2006, 01:16 AM
I really love the blending and colours for this piece. The clouds behind the mountains also look very fantastic, adds a lot of atmoshpere. Stunning work.

maror
05-15-2006, 01:31 AM
thanks for your nice comments

@enchanter

that always a risk when you write a tutorial :P (i'm kidding too)

@Aged P

You must spend enough time :P it wonderful to see

Two new works from my blending trip :lol:

ENCHANTER
05-15-2006, 02:42 AM
the heart in stone is good, but i love the seascape!

Weeks
05-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Maror, Hey... :wink:

I like the heart very much. The color, the texture of the stone, ..

Keep posting, its sounds good from here (canton de Vaud)... :)

Cheers

Weeks

maror
05-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Thx you two

here a piece of come technical stuff i've done...straight after the hearth :roll:

Greetings direct from "canton d'argovie" :P

maror

ENCHANTER
05-15-2006, 09:23 AM
as far as i know this is the first picture of a vehicle posted in this gallery,
really well done,!

:)

AndyRage
05-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh I like all those, Maror. The heart in the stone is particularly striking. The tank is very cool too.

Fashmir
05-15-2006, 10:46 AM
maror- I love that kind of light. It is a kind of dreamlike transition between day and night wherein the artist gets to play with both. I love the ocean and heart, the way you crumbled the asphalt is authentic. I tend not to be a fan of vehicles (especially military) so much although this is well done.

ENCHANTER- speaking of vehicles posted, if you missed xander11's post you should check it out.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=108

bleepnik
05-15-2006, 04:42 PM
These are all wonderful! I love the big round gobs of paint in the mountain painting. It looks like you used your thumb to create it. =] And that seascape is so serene, so peaceful. I absolutely marvel at your waves. The froth at their crest as they break is just beautifully done. I'm not a big fan of heart imagery, but that pendant(?) you created is just marvelous! The colours are perfectly blended to make it seem smooth and three dimensional. Lovely work.

- Gita

maror
05-17-2006, 09:17 AM
ohh great comments! i'm excited!

@fashmir

hmmm as my dream to be a concept designer or industrial designer one day i must try to draw some vehicles, sorry !:P

New stuff soon (but in a new thread)

Greez to the best community of the world

:D

hype
05-17-2006, 09:24 AM
wow, maror, all this stuff you've done is great! keep it up!
i'm a huge sci-fi/fantasy guy, and am actually a bit surprised we haven't seen more vehicles and things.

keep up the awesome work!

Fashmir
05-17-2006, 09:32 AM
maror- heh, don't let my ramblings steer you away from anything. Vehicles can be cool, I just prefer other stuff typically. Keep posting 'em! Variety is the spice...

sbug51
05-17-2006, 04:56 PM
he maror you should do a tips and tricks thread of how you did the clouds i really enjoy those, also the texture of the stone like weeks said thats cool!

keep posting maror :3

tony
05-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Gosh Maror, love your painting and the colours used. You feel the strength and power of nature in this piece of art work. Real nice work.Regards,Tony :)

Aged P
05-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Really cool Maror!

In a few years time, when I see a chromed red tank, with hearts on it, go trundling past I will know that it was designed by you!

maror
05-18-2006, 06:56 AM
thx all

@fashmir

hehe...haven't you seen the smiley behind my answer? I go my one way :twisted: :wink:

@hype

i'm surprised too, because artrage is really good for vehicle concepts (prefer ink and oil).

@sbug51

hmmm you mean the clouds in the first image? There is no trick: just oils and the knife to blend the colors! Maybe i open a progress painting thread! :wink:

@aged P

enough honor :D i think that isn' possible because heartshapes aren't really my loved theme to draw :P

Greez

hype
05-18-2006, 08:14 AM
excellent! :) i'll try to do something sci-fi ish as well, maybe this weekend (work is super busy, but its my last week! yay!)

this looks great, though. i think i see some star wars references there... :wink:

ENCHANTER
05-18-2006, 09:01 AM
way way cool!

:lol: