PDA

View Full Version : Can't toggle full screen off and on

Steve Ince
09-15-2021, 02:47 AM
While I rarely use the toggle button, I need to take it out of full screen mode so I can drag the app into my tablet monitor.

I recently upgraded to Vitae but never had a problem with previous versions.

markw
09-15-2021, 06:01 AM
Hello Steve Ince and Welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
Yes, there is currently it would seem, a problem with the fullscreen toggle button. You can Exit, but not Enter with it!
If you are on a Mac you can work around this by using the standard Mac Green traffic-light button, top left of the window, to enter fullscreen mode.
It may already have been reported, not sure:confused:, but yes it is a bug that needs squishing!

Steve Ince
09-15-2021, 06:58 AM
Thanks, Mark. I'm a Windows 10 user so I'm not sure what the option is.

Steve Ince
09-15-2021, 07:23 AM
I sorted out my problem by turning off the hiDPI support and this allowed me to toggle full screen mode.

markw
09-15-2021, 07:44 AM
Ah, now that is interesting!
I just tried that on my Mac and turning Off Retina support also gets the toggle working again.
So a common cause on both systems. Good find!

Bofga
09-28-2021, 02:08 PM
I've noticed this issue too and it has had me pulling out my hair! I only though about checking the forums today. I'm glad I did as it seems i'm not the only one having an issue. I have an XP-Pen graphics display that I hook up to my Surface Pro 6. I can't get it displaying properly on the graphics display so I'll try some of the suggestions. Thanks

MAB
10-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Windows 10 Home

This sounds like another case where UltraMon by 'Realtime' would save the day.
In UltraMon, 'with ArtRage open' you simply go to the UltaMon taskbar on which ever monitor you set it up for and move the pen over the ArtRage icon on that task bar > a thumbnail will pop up of the current ArtRage screen >
right click on the thumbnail and click on menu item 'move to monitor...' NO NEED TO TOGGLE SCREEN SIZE :D The whole process take abt 2 seconds.

My UltaMon is set up for taskbars showing all app icons (bottom screen position) on all extended monitors, hidden (pops up when needed) and 'locked' so settings are not accidentally changed.

...and of course, your Windows 'Settings' > 'Display' must already be properly set up ('Identify' so you know the screen #'s).

Enug
10-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Hi MAB. I'm setting up new equipment - laptop, 2nd monitor and tablet. Do you think UltraMon will work with Win 11 which I now have? (I haven't been able to reinstall ArtRageVitae on Win 11 but Andy is working on it).

MAB
10-09-2021, 04:32 PM
First, I must congratulate you on a marvelous gallery! I enjoyed looking it over.

Funny you should bring up Windows 11. Last night I checked out the possibilities of upgrading my system to 11 and it checked out to be ready to receive the new Windows.
Sad to say, they have not yet released it for my Dell 8930 :(

I understand they are working on a new version of UltraMon. There is a forum (this forum not allowing url) and you can also email the developer Christian Studer (spam filter not permitting email address) cstuder -at- realtimesoft.com or support -at- realtimesoft.com
There is a free 30 day Full version trial available for download at the realtimesoft.com site but it is only designed to work up to Windows 10, I couldn't say if it will work on 11, I would try the email to Mr. Studer first.

I have been using UltaMon for many years and would hate to lose it. UltraMon does many tricks beside just switching windows from screen to screen. Please let us know if you hear from Christian Studer and find out anything about a Windows 11 release.

Wish I could be of more help but until I try it on my own Windows 11...

Enug
10-09-2021, 09:14 PM
Thanks MAB for your reply and comment on my gallery.:o Until Andy sorts out my problem with ArtRageVitae and the Windows Store I think I will wait before trying out anything else. I have no working tablet now and will have to purchase one - probably another Huion. Also I have no ArtRage unless I download one of my old versions from the members area at Ambient Art. Not much happening art wise in my world at present.:(

MAB
10-10-2021, 01:59 PM
You might want to check out the weekend sale at XP-PEN (Click on 'Flash Sale"). I just purchased the Deco Pro M ($110 US shipped) to replace my Wacom tablet. The nice thing about these larger tablets (11x6 usable) beside being a great size for drawing, they are excellent for maneuvering over multiple screens (I use three screens simultaneously) using the pen instead of a mouse; more natural when you think about it ;) I configured the pen to transverse the three screens when used on the tablet ('monitor' mode) and only one screen when used on the monitor ('Full Screen'), it is automatic once set up (a touch of a pen switch toggles to the other two screens). For two screens a smaller tablet might be sufficient.
The bonus with the XP-PEN non-battery pen tablet is that the tablet pen also works seamlessly with my XP-PEN 22R non-battery pen monitor. No need to go from a mouse or pen to another pen, same pen on both media!

Enug
10-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Too late MAB!:eek: I've just ordered a Huion - tossing up between a display or a drawing tablet. Settled for
Huion Inspiroy Q11K V2 Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet. I've owned a Huion before.

I contacted Christian Studer - his reply "I haven't tested with Windows 11 yet, still waiting for new hardware, but you can try this yourself with the trial version"

I have just the 2nd monitor attached to my laptop - no room on my work area for more - another reason why I decided against a display tablet. I was using an unused TV as a monitor until I lost my laptop and the monitor wouldn't work with the new machine. Too old.

Now I'm hoping Andy and get my ArtRage Vitae downloaded and I'm good to go.

MAB
10-10-2021, 06:28 PM
Thank you for the update on UltraMon. From what I have been learning about Win 11, it will need something like UltraMon unless 11 is developed further. Well, if my Win 11 upgrade comes through before Christian Studer, I will give the current version a try and report back. My hunch is that we will have to wait for Mr. Studer to upgrade the software before it will be usable.

Your tablet looks very comparable to my XP-PEN and with the wireless tablet feature the price is also reasonable, nice size too, ENJOY! XP-PEN has a Bluetooth version but my Dell is notorious for losing Bluetooth after upgrades so I passed on wireless. I have already lost Bluetooth twice (the Dell is only about a yr old) and it was quite an ordeal to recover... although, I think I have finally figured out how. My second and third monitors are 24" LG's which I see have doubled in price in just a few months since I purchased the last one :eek:

Well, it is past midnight here and this old man's bedtime...

Enug
10-10-2021, 07:57 PM
Well, I've downloaded the trial but all I've been able to do so far is move a window from one screen to the other and extend the window across two monitors. Should I be able to do anything else?

Much later: I have somehow managed to access my ArtRage Vitae on Win 11. I have to toggle ARV from full screen in order to see Ultramon icons and thus be able to move it to 2nd monitor.

MAB
10-11-2021, 08:53 AM
What you want (on Windows 10, not sure about 11) is for the UltraMon little two screen icon to show up on the taskbar. When you right click (or whatever in Windows 11) you see the UltraMon menu come up with loads of options UltraMon can do, such as:
Display Settings
Display Profiles
Mirroring
Screen Saver
Shortcuts
Wallpaper
Desktop Icons
Secondary Taskbars
Window Management
Window Display Properties
... and more

When you see the above options, you have struck GOLD ;)

MAB
10-11-2021, 11:03 AM
Again, I cannot speak for Windows 11 but you should not have to toggle full screen AVR (glad you got it to work on 11) to switch screens. If you find the UltraMon menu I mentioned in my last post, you might be able to set up the task bars correctly (screen two maybe). Otherwise, I guess I will have wait for 11 and maybe even the next UltraMon version to see what gives...

This is from an earlier post:
"In UltraMon, 'with ArtRage open' you simply go to the UltaMon taskbar on which ever monitor you set it up for and move the pen over the ArtRage icon on that task bar > a thumbnail will pop up of the current ArtRage screen >
right click on the thumbnail and click on menu item 'move to monitor...' NO NEED TO TOGGLE SCREEN SIZE The whole process take abt 2 seconds."

Enug
10-11-2021, 12:37 PM
Looks UltraMon is not yet ready for Windows 11. I tried to enable Secondary Taskbars but nothing happened. I'll disable and go back to dragging screens between monitors. No hardship.:) Thanks for your help and if UltraMon is updated, I'll try again.

MAB
11-03-2021, 07:48 AM
They finally got around to sending me the Windows 11 upgrade... so here's the deal...
When using multiple screens, in order to 'pop' ARV from screen to screen, first set your Windows 11 task bar appropriately...
Start button > Setting > Personalization (on left) > Taskbar > Taskbar behaviors...
I suggest setting 'Taskbar alignment' to 'left'
'Automatically hide...' should be checked
'Show badges...' Unchecked
'Show my taskbar on all displays' Try checking this, if it causes problem go back and Uncheck. Ultramon has a conflict on Windows 11 but works once the screen settles down (I have to right click on vicinity of taskbar(s) on extended monitors to get the taskbar to pop up)
'When using multiple displays...' set to 'All taskbars"
'Select the far corner...' should be Checked. This allows you to see options, time etc. on far right of main taskbar.

So here is how it works (If the 'extending monitor' taskbar is working this will work on it also):
Hover your pen (or mouse) to where your taskbar is hiding on your default monitor, the taskbar should pop up (I set mine for bottom of screen).
With ArtRage Vitae already open, a small screen of ARV will show when you hover above it's taskbar icon. Right click the small AVR screen and a menu will apear with 'move to monitor...' as the top menu choice.
A graphic showing your screen choices will appear, just click on your choice and voila!

MAB
11-03-2021, 04:57 PM
OK, so we want an even simpler way to 'pop' ARV or 6 from one monitor to another... here it is, and this works on Windows 10 and 11..
Set up UltraMon this way:
Once you have UltraMon installed, bring up it's menu by a right click on it's taskbar icon (should look like 2 tiny screens, if you only see a single screen your
extended monitors are not being recognized) > Click on 'Options' > Click on 'Buttons and Menu Commands' tab.

Under 'Buttons' box:
'add Move Widow button' should be checked
'add Maximize to Desktop button' should also be checked
'pixels' box is left blank
'don't add custom buttons...' should be Unchecked
In same tab in the 'Menu Commands' box:
'add Move Window command' should be checked
'add Maximize to Desktop command' should also be checked
'Position of the custom menu commands', your choice (I recommend 'at the top')

Something miraculous will now happen when you open ARV or any window :)
You should see five little symbols at the top right of the Title bar (If you do not see the symbols on the Title bar try a Right Click on it and choose 'Move to Monitor...).
When you click on the monitor symbol with a little right pointing arrow, your monitor selection will come up... just click on the one you want to send your current window to and... yup, you guessed it, voila!
NOTE: On my ARV for some reason the Title bar is off the screen when maximized. I must click on the double arrows to bring the Title bar into view.

Enug
11-03-2021, 06:16 PM
I read both your posts MAB. The first I made all the adjustments you recommended and there was no benefit as far as I could see. (I already had the icons showing in my title bar) In fact the taskbar on my 2nd monitor disappeared. I have found it just as easy to drag a window to whichever monitor I desire.

After installing the trial version of UltraMon I found I automatically had the 'miraculous' happening on my title bar. I have six symbols (a bonus!). I already had all the right boxes checked. I don't know how long the trial will last but when it disappears I will just go back to 'dragging' as I have always done. I only have two monitors so maybe that is why I don't see any advantage.

MAB
11-03-2021, 06:58 PM
OK, but that could get to be a real 'drag' ooooooh, sorry about that :o

Your latest is just outstanding!

MAB
11-05-2021, 08:11 AM
The advantage is... clicking the little monitor/arrow icon in the Title bar will allow you to move the screen to your other screen without dragging. If you drag with a mouse with a padded bottom (which means enduring the nuisance of switching from a pen to the mouse each move), you'll probably be OK but if you drag the screen with your pen you will eventually wear a path in your new tablet. I'm speaking from experience :o

Enug
11-05-2021, 06:46 PM
I'm left handed so I use the pen in my left hand and I have got used to using the mouse in my right hand - the best of both worlds.:) I 'drag' with the mouse so I don't have to put down the pen thus using both hands simultaneously. I can see it would be useful in the situation you describe to use the app,

MAB
11-06-2021, 07:46 AM
Of course, you know that us 'lefties' are brilliant ;) Sounds like you are ambidextrous... you can pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time (if you want to look silly).
Although I write and draw lefty I do most everything else right handed... boy, I am a confused person :confused:

romaroken
11-16-2021, 01:06 AM
I'm setting up new equipment - laptop, 2nd monitor and tablet. Do you think UltraMon will work with Win 11 which I now have?

MAB
11-18-2021, 07:07 PM
What I am finding is that Windows 11 is a bit buggy using some Windows 10 and older software (Make sure you keep up with the latest Windows 11 updates.).
The major fault I have with UltraMon (at least on my Dell computer) is with the extended monitor Taskbar(s) not 'popping up' automatically on pen/mouse hover, making a 'right click' necessary to bring them up from where the external Taskbar(s) hide. The main (default) monitor Taskbar 'pops up' automatically as it should.

With that said, sending Windows including ArtRage from one monitor to another is a snap by clicking on the small monitor symbol in the upper right Title bar and then on the monitor # I want the Window sent to, takes about 2 seconds and no awkward dragging necessary. Other functions in UltraMon seem to work fine, like the Screen Saver options etc. Also, the few Windows apps that do not show the 'switch screen' icons in the Title bar can be modified in the UltraMon menu settings. It pays to go through the UltraMon settings menu after installation to see all the things it will do. To do that, you set the UltraMon icon to show in your Taskbar then 'right click' on it to bring up the UltraMon menu.

I will try to answer any questions if you need further help.