PDA

View Full Version : Color Picker doesn't work in small canvas sizes

Somerset
08-12-2021, 08:12 PM
Hi Varg!
Have you tried it with a smaller "Expand Area"? This is the setting that defines how many pixels range the colour picking includes. You can see that the outline-curser (2) gets smaller if you decrease the range. At least on ArtRage 6.

markw
08-12-2021, 09:51 PM
Hi Varg,
A new update, ARV 7.1.2, is now available. Hopefully it will fix the problem for you:)

markw
08-13-2021, 12:51 AM
OK, so yes, it is working for me, mostly...
So far I’ve not had any issues with my own canvases but I’m generally working at 3000+ pxels, so will try some smaller sub 2000px canvases.
But I do think there is still some problem with the default canvas that AR generates on opening…:confused:
No time now but will experiment more later today if I can, but my initial impression was that it worked on the left side of the default canvas but not the right, even after resizing it. Not sure…:confused: More poking and prodding definitely needed...

AndyRage
08-13-2021, 10:14 AM
Aha! Thank you for the additional information. I'll do more testing here. I wasn't able to replicate the bug so I couldn't get a fix in for the first patch. But there there will be another update out soon. The highest priority was three crash bugs we had reported so I had to get the patch out as quickly as possible.

markw
08-13-2021, 11:12 AM
I’ve experimented a bit more with this;
The attached shows a new small canvas I made and the red shows the area that colour can not be sampled from.
This “dead zone” seems to expand or contract as the canvas is zoomed.
Zoom out far enough and all the canvas can be sampled.

soulartist
08-17-2021, 08:30 AM
The 7.1.2 version had not fixed this bug, either.

kaveman
08-17-2021, 04:47 PM
I've the same issue, small document no colour picker.

Also if I change the Resize Painting using the A4 Portrait preset it won't save.

Been in the App less than 5 minutes and encounter 2 game stopping bugs.

nekomata
08-19-2021, 01:33 AM
Aha! Thank you for the additional information. I'll do more testing here. I wasn't able to replicate the bug so I couldn't get a fix in for the first patch. But there there will be another update out soon. The highest priority was three crash bugs we had reported so I had to get the patch out as quickly as possible.

hi Andy,

I don't know how to tag users on this board, and I didn't want to use the report function, so I'll post this here.

could you please take a look at the color mixing issue (https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?56301-Color-mixing-behavior-of-custom-brushes-with-color-vary&p=538845#post538845) Varg is reporting in the techniques forum? it looks like a bug to me.

I would also appreciate if you moved their thread to the support subforum to avoid further confusion.

thanks!!

AndyRage
08-19-2021, 10:19 AM
I've the same issue, small document no colour picker.

Also if I change the Resize Painting using the A4 Portrait preset it won't save.

Been in the App less than 5 minutes and encounter 2 game stopping bugs.

Can you tell me what canvas size you started with? It'll help me reproduce the bug here.
Cheers