PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a friend

Guybell
05-23-2021, 02:16 PM
Painted on board with oils then photographed and touched up in AR

D Akey
05-23-2021, 04:16 PM
Cool. So does it feel like the mixed media quality something you will be doing a lot?

For me, when integrating art done partially in the real world and taking it the rest of the way digitally is a bit like the quest for the holy grail where if one gets it right, and has the skills on both ends of the spectrum it could really turn out to be something better than either platform alone. But I personally never really followed it out owing to life getting in the way and me not doing a whole lot of art after a certain point. Looks like you could though.

Nice job!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Guybell
05-24-2021, 12:53 AM
Cool. So does it feel like the mixed media quality something you will be doing a lot?

For me, when integrating art done partially in the real world and taking it the rest of the way digitally is a bit like the quest for the holy grail where if one gets it right, and has the skills on both ends of the spectrum it could really turn out to be something better than either platform alone. But I personally never really followed it out owing to life getting in the way and me not doing a whole lot of art after a certain point. Looks like you could though.

Nice job!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks! Honestly, I have a love/hate relationship with digital art. When I find myself putting a lot of effort into making a digital piece look like traditional, I just start thinking ‘just paint it’. I currently am using the tablet to work out problems and colors before I mess with a canvas. I also strongly feel that a traditional foundation is critical no matter what medium you use.

kenmo
05-24-2021, 06:13 AM
Another great piece!!!