PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Burn Tool (PS) equivalent

jman0war
04-17-2021, 07:31 AM
I tried going into Custom Brush and Brush Designer but have not been able to replicate the Burn Tool one finds in PS.
Is there a way to do it?

Krigen813
04-17-2021, 08:23 AM
I believe you could accomplish what you are looking for by setting a new layer on Burn blend mode and painting with black/white using any brush to apply it. That's how I adjusted my shadows and highlights on my nebula painting.

Enug
04-17-2021, 01:10 PM
I don't know if this will help but I have made two airbrush presets for colour burn and colour dodge. In this example I have applied the airbrush over an oilbrush stroke. The colour burn has the same settings but the blend mode is changed.

101507 101508

Krigen813
04-17-2021, 04:21 PM
I totally forgot that you can change the blend mode in the preset of the tools. I've been so busy with school that I haven't painted since January. Also probably forgot because I prefer to keep my adjustments on their own layer until I'm satisfied with them, then I merge down.

jman0war
04-17-2021, 07:50 PM
I believe you could accomplish what you are looking for by setting a new layer on Burn blend mode and painting with black/white using any brush to apply it. That's how I adjusted my shadows and highlights on my nebula painting.

Thanks i think that's working ok.

Pietro8
05-04-2021, 08:41 PM
I totally forgot that you can change the blend mode in the preset of the tools. I've been so busy with school that I haven't painted since January. Also probably forgot because I prefer to keep my adjustments on their own layer until I'm satisfied with them, then I merge down.

Thanks for the tip with the separate layer!

Croissantmacaroni
06-20-2021, 02:36 PM
It worked out, it worked for me.