PDA

View Full Version : Greyscale?

GeorgeO
04-14-2021, 10:42 PM
ive done a portrait that I want to print in greyscale. But it turns out sepia colour

Enug
04-15-2021, 02:12 AM
Have you tried Edit/Filters/Adjust Layer Colors - moving the Brightness and Contrast sliders might help. Great image!

GeorgeO
04-15-2021, 03:52 AM
Have you tried Edit/Filters/Adjust Layer Colors - moving the Brightness and Contrast sliders might help. Great image!

ill give that a go - thanks!

markw
04-15-2021, 11:43 AM
What are your printer settings?
Dose your printer have an option to print in Grey Scale only?
Dose your image have a grey scale colour profile assigned to it? (Depending on your printer this may or may not be required)
I’ve found in the past that some domestic printers can get “confused” shall we say when asked to print a grey scale image whilst in, for want of a better term, Colour mode and so tend to believe the a B & W image should have some sort of “colour”. And that colour usually being sepia!

GeorgeO
04-22-2021, 06:45 PM
What are your printer settings?
Dose your printer have an option to print in Grey Scale only?
Dose your image have a grey scale colour profile assigned to it? (Depending on your printer this may or may not be required)
I’ve found in the past that some domestic printers can get “confused” shall we say when asked to print a grey scale image whilst in, for want of a better term, Colour mode and so tend to believe the a B & W image should have some sort of “colour”. And that colour usually being sepia!

It wasn't my printer - had it printed at a print shop and they said it was the image that made it sepia and not their printer!
Can you tell me more about 'grey scale colour profile' for the image - how do I select that?
Thks for your help!

nekomata
04-22-2021, 06:52 PM
there're no sepia undertones in the image you've attached - the saturation value of every major tone I picked from it is zero, it's all shades of gray.

something is wrong with the way their printing set-up is processing the artwork you've sent them.

Somerset
04-22-2021, 10:38 PM
Could possibly have to do with that ArtRage has no colour management. You could load the image in an image editing software like Photoshop, Affinity Photo, GIMP or even Krita and convert it to greyscales. After that, it should be printed in greyscales only.

GeorgeO
04-27-2021, 05:47 PM
oh great thks guys! Ill start with the printer shop

sargonuspa
06-01-2021, 08:40 AM
If you want to create a greyscale the best method is to create a layer above your artwork and fill it with black or white then apply the colour blending mode.