PDA

View Full Version : Brown Eagle

odemilson
04-09-2021, 03:11 AM
Long (really long) time no see, folks...

Did this recently as an watercolour-only practice. After all this time, I still struggle with its trickyness.

markw
04-10-2021, 01:11 AM
Well, welcome back obemilson :)
That’s a fine looking eagle:cool: Has a certain roguish look about him me thinks too!
If your struggles were with doing the feathers, then I know what you mean:rolleyes: But I think you have done an excellent job with them in this.
They're something I definitely want/need to get better at doing!

D Akey
04-10-2021, 03:20 AM
Yeah, welcome back! I think it looks great. Has more of a gouache feel to me. But you did a fine job. I like how you did the green transparent washes too.

Hope to see more.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

odemilson
04-10-2021, 12:37 PM
Hey master D Akey! Greetings!

The feathers were the most "tiresome" part, but I think the most difficult in using watercolour in ArtRage is to transport to the screen the watercoloury feeling. See, how curious... Even when I started to paint with traditional media a long, long time ago (after some time, I started using computer and, digital illustration software, and never look back again, except for some exercises), even at that primitive times, I used gouache, I learned with gouache. You hit the bullseye on your diagnostic. Hehehehehehe.

Yeah, welcome back! I think it looks great. Has more of a gouache feel to me. But you did a fine job. I like how you did the green transparent washes too.

Hope to see more.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

odemilson
04-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Hey Markw, thanks.

See how curious... just before I came here and see your comment, I commented in your piece and my comment was really similar to yours! How funny is that!

Well, welcome back obemilson :)
That’s a fine looking eagle:cool: Has a certain roguish look about him me thinks too!
If your struggles were with doing the feathers, then I know what you mean:rolleyes: But I think you have done an excellent job with them in this.
They're something I definitely want/need to get better at doing!

markw
04-10-2021, 11:46 PM
...I commented in your piece and my comment was really similar to yours!...
Just goes to show that as artists we are all united in the same struggle!:rolleyes:
Looking forward to seeing more from you!

limey-g
04-11-2021, 02:07 AM
Love your Eagle and the way the background contrasting colour bring it to life.

odemilson
04-13-2021, 11:10 AM
Thanks Limey for the kind words. I used 3 pictures of different eagles as references to this piece, and only one of them had a background with these colours, a dark unfocused set of forest greens.

Love your Eagle and the way the background contrasting colour bring it to life.