PDA

View Full Version : Penske's Perfect Day at LRP

felixdk
03-13-2021, 08:49 AM
The first turn of the first lap of the 1968 Trans Am Championship race at Lime Rock Park race track. The Penske Camaro driven by Mark Donohue dominated from start to finish. I was spectating from the hillside in the background.

Enug
03-13-2021, 09:23 AM
Hi there! I've just looked at these three postings of yours and must admit I thought they were photos. Then I looked up your earlier postings of some years ago and see they are actual paintings! I don't remember you but I see you were a member long before I joined. Very impressive work - I hope you stick around and we see more of your paintings.

D Akey
03-13-2021, 09:53 AM
What a feat! So much grand detail it's almost like a chronicle. Super job. Congrats!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
03-13-2021, 11:54 AM
Wow that is amazing detail, someone must have a very steady hand and must be much younger than me Lol
Limey-g

felixdk
03-13-2021, 06:30 PM
Thanks June, at present, I waiver back and forth between traditional and digital methods, but ArtRage is still my go-to on the digital side.

felixdk
03-13-2021, 06:40 PM
What a feat! So much grand detail it's almost like a chronicle. Super job. Congrats!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Thanks. I based this on a photo that I took that day from up on the outfield hill in the background and was determined that I would get the details correct. I imagined a reverse view of the scene from the outside of the first corner (called Big Bend) and planned it all out to get the order, colors and numbers of the cars in the field in their correct places as they got the green flag on the first lap of the race. Attached is the photo of the seeming chaos at the start as they jockey for position.

felixdk
03-13-2021, 07:00 PM
Wow that is amazing detail, someone must have a very steady hand and must be much younger than me Lol
Limey-g :D I wish! 75 and trying my best to ignore it :D

limey-g
03-15-2021, 06:07 AM
:D I wish! 75 and trying my best to ignore it :D

Maybe 5 years makes all the difference Lol

felixdk
03-15-2021, 06:39 AM
Maybe 5 years makes all the difference Lol
I guess I'll find out (I hope!)