PDA

View Full Version : Natures beauty

limey-g
03-07-2021, 08:26 AM
Some interesting fungi found on a dead tree in my bush

markw
03-08-2021, 03:09 AM
Nice fungi painting Geoff :) Some nice textures in there:cool:
We don’t get so many flora painting around here, it’s mostly fauna (my own painting included!) and this makes for an interesting change.
Last time I did something “flora” themed was some years ago, 3 book covers commissioned by a friend.

limey-g
03-08-2021, 03:32 AM
Nice fungi painting Geoff :) Some nice textures in there:cool:
We don’t get so many flora painting around here, it’s mostly fauna (my own painting included!) and this makes for an interesting change.
Last time I did something “flora” themed was some years ago, 3 book covers commissioned by a friend.

Thanks Mark its so nice these days to always have a cell phone with you to capture these images to bring back as a reference for painting.

I wish the forum was more lively as it was many years back.
Geoff

D Akey
03-08-2021, 06:39 AM
Really nice texture and detail. The geometry of the fungus plays very nicely against the mossy layered chunkiness of the wood. Good one, Limey-G!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
03-08-2021, 06:54 AM
Thanks D Akey for your kind words
Geoff

Enug
03-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Hi Geoff - sorry I've been a bit lax in replying. Had some celebrations this week that took my mind off painting. A significant birthday(mine) I've been dreading and which turned out to be not at bad as expected. Grandson topping his course and receiving his commercial pilot's wings and a first gt grandchild on the way.

Anyway, I love this new direction you have taken - the textures a colours are wonderful.