PDA

View Full Version : Our Ghost

limey-g
03-06-2021, 09:15 AM
I know we have a lot of cats !!

D Akey
03-08-2021, 06:46 AM
As always, great expression. If I may make a suggestion, adding some shadow to the ground could make the cat sit in that environment a bit more solidly. Even inventing a soft or hard shadow could integrate everything. When you're working so subtlety, the shadow would also do well to be subtle but it would still do its work.

But I do love black cats. Had them for decades now. And I know how tough they can be to photograph and still show dimension.

Anyway, loving how you really get the spirit of your animals you paint. Clearly you know them very well because those are the characteristics you bring out.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
03-08-2021, 06:51 AM
As always, great expression. If I may make a suggestion, adding some shadow to the ground could make the cat sit in that environment a bit more solidly. Even inventing a soft or hard shadow could integrate everything. When you're working so subtlety, the shadow would also do well to be subtle but it would still do its work.

But I do love black cats. Had them for decades now. And I know how tough they can be to photograph and still show dimension.

Anyway, loving how you really get the spirit of your animals you paint. Clearly you know them very well because those are the characteristics you bring out.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks D Akey I was trying to put a slight shadow under the cat but found in this case not too effective due to the blackness of her coat.
Much easier to add a realistic shadow on lighter colours.
Geoff

Enug
03-08-2021, 01:43 PM
You have gotta love black cats! Lovely work.

limey-g
03-09-2021, 03:31 AM
Thanks June, glad you had a good birthday, I was wondering where you had got to.
Geoff