PDA

View Full Version : Huion Kamvas 20 Pen Display

Phestus
02-25-2021, 04:32 PM
I just bought a Huion Kamvas 20 Pen Display. I have it connected to an Asus laptop running Windows 7. I get the display I want on the laptop and the pen tablet. I want to connect a 50 inch television to the setup also. That way I can see what I am drawing/painting on the big screen TV. I can get the laptop to work with the TV and I can get it to work with the tablet, but I can't get alll three to work at the same time. If I can't get all three to work together, I am out of luck since I need the large TV as part of the setup since the pictures on the laptop and tablet are not large enough for me to truly see what I am doing. Any help I can get to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I am using ArtRage 4.5.Thanks again for any help I can get.

Phestus

Jules S.
02-26-2021, 01:21 AM
I'm wondering, in your special case, why you bought a pen display instead of a pen tablet. I guess with a simple pen tablet as input device, you wouldn't have this trouble. Anyway, some additional software like this "Actual Multiple Monitors" might be helpful. I don't have any personal experience with it, but you can try before you buy. So you might wanna give it a chance. Athough you can move single ArtRage elements like the reference panel or the layer panel to a second or a third screen, without such additional software, I'm afraid you won't be able to mirror/duplicate the complete ArtRage editing window displayed on your pen display to another screen.

Btw: I'm wondering if there is or has been a separate canvas navigator window in ArtRage (like Photoshop or KRITA has). This navigator window, dragged and expanded to a second screen, although with a pretty laggy performance, could also be helpful.

You have to google for "Actual Multiple Monitors" cause I'm not allowed to post URLs. Sigh.

Stephen Lo Piano
02-26-2021, 05:02 PM
You want to connect to a 50 inch TV screen? I could be wrong since I have never tried the use of every TV out there yet from my personal experience a screen bigger than 32" may not have a good visual effect. Pixels will appear larger and start to cause a less than sharp view despite any screen resolution adjustment you may attempt to improve. I could be wrong, maybe there are some TVs that will not cause this problem, I am truthfully not a technical expert on this subject, just replying based on personal experience.

Phestus
02-27-2021, 01:35 PM
Hello Jules,

Thankws for the quick reply and the info on the software. I will definitely check into that. My reason for wanting to do the setup as I described is that I have Macular Degeneration and am legally blind. Also, I am 83 years old and need all the help I can get. Right now I just need something large enough so that I can see some of what I am doing. Thanks again for the suggestion you provided.

Phestus

Phestus
02-27-2021, 01:53 PM
Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. You are probably right about the TV resolution and the pixels. However, as I mentioned to Jules, I am legally blind and 83 years old, so with my vision as it is, a few pixels won't bother me at all. I just want to get an idea of where my lines and paint are at. Out of focus, and a few pixels shouldn't be thaat much of a problem. Just let me have some idea of where to put my next dab of paint. A thought just came to mind, maybe I should consider abstract art, I might be able to get away with that. I will check out your site. I can sure use some inspiration. Thanks again Stephen.

Phestus