PDA

View Full Version : Winter time

limey-g
02-23-2021, 08:31 AM
Something thats very popular here in Canada.

Enug
02-24-2021, 05:18 AM
This is a stunning image Geoff. Actually, there is a South Australian sled dog club and they hold their activities in a forest not too far from where I live. Of course, it's without snow and only held if the temp. is under 15C.

limey-g
02-24-2021, 06:16 AM
This is a stunning image Geoff. Actually, there is a South Australian sled dog club and they hold their activities in a forest not too far from where I live. Of course, it's without snow and only held if the temp. is under 15C.

Years back I use to help out at sled dog racing usually with a team of eight and trying to hold them back at the starting line was quite a challenge.

We once attended a dog pull where we had a large number of dogs attached to a truck. and they pulled the truck with ease and when it came to stopping the truck the driver applied his brakes and the dogs kept going for quite awhile with his wheels locked.

Geoff

Enug
02-24-2021, 06:44 AM
They have something like that called weight pulling. Dogs are harnessed up to a wheeled cart loaded with sandbags and are encouraged by voice and hand signals from their owners to pull the cart over a distance of five metres.

D Akey
02-26-2021, 08:48 AM
Oh boy, does this look like the embodiment of elation for those dogs! Purposeful, energetic, and on to VICTORY and BEYOND!!!!!

Love it, Geoff. I can hear them now.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
02-26-2021, 09:50 AM
Oh boy, does this look like the embodiment of elation for those dogs! Purposeful, energetic, and on to VICTORY and BEYOND!!!!!

Love it, Geoff. I can hear them now.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Carter033
03-11-2021, 02:44 AM
This is a great image! I just fascinated looking at this.

limey-g
03-11-2021, 03:41 AM
Thanks Carter glad you like it, it kind of shows our Canadian wintertime

Stephen Lo Piano
03-12-2021, 07:47 PM
Ooooh Doggies!