PDA

View Full Version : Catnap

Enug
02-10-2021, 02:33 AM
Just snuck in another!:)

D Akey
02-10-2021, 08:36 AM
Be mindful of the perspective of the head. Texture's great. (trying not to say the Sn**t word.)
Just to put a fine point on it the line of the top of the nose is not vanishing per the angle of the head. And you aligned everything below with that line which is a little at odds with the upper half. . . Follow the ridge line of the nose and you can see the angles are not matching up around the face. But again, your fur work is really nice with putting the icing on the cake, but the cake itself is a little off.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
02-10-2021, 09:16 AM
I knew something was off but I couldn't rectify it. Perhaps I should start using guides.

D Akey
02-10-2021, 09:22 AM
It's all part of fine tuning one's way to begin a portrait. Our natural inclination is to sprint to the finish line. But a couple steps is all it takes.

As far as it goes on structure, yes, it's good to work out the structure early, where you train yourself to put in some key structure lines which is usually a matter of seconds to do. If you do it by hand you can also make those lines follow the contour (ie wrap around the head or body etc) for the additional value of establishing all the subtlety of the forms. I don't know about the grid lines because I think they're straight, but they'll do in a pinch as a starter until you get facile with it. You can find so many examples of this step for the human head all over the internet I'm certain. And also if you make a wrong angle it only takes a moment to make it right as opposed to after you've painted it.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: