PDA

View Full Version : Brown dog

Enug
02-02-2021, 05:06 PM
I couldn't find out the breed - looks a bit like a Rhodesian Ridgeback except for those jowls.:confused:

Krigen813
02-02-2021, 06:51 PM
You've done so much amazeness in this one! I'm not familiar with what breed this poochy is, but is "lovable" a breed?

The eyes and eyebrow/ridges are so emotive. The ear and jowls have a believable flop, with the former having a nice touch of translucency. The edges of the ear looks appropriately thin for a floppy ear. The colorations in the snooter look very natural (though the nostril sizes look a tad out of proportion from each other). Most of all, the composition and lighting of this painting are just too dang good for words.

I just wanna hug 'em and nuzzle-nuzzle-nuzzle.

markw
02-03-2021, 03:20 AM
I would have said this handsome fella was more likely an English or German Pointer perhaps :confused:

D Akey
02-03-2021, 09:50 AM
And there's always the possibility it's not purebred. Could be a mutt. Such creatures do roam the Earth. But whatever, it's a cool painting.

Another good one and the painting is of high pedigree, June.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
02-03-2021, 10:39 AM
Very nice painting, it is possible that you are correct in the breed but the lighting effect is emphasizing certain elements to make you second guess the breed.
It certainly is not an old dog as they tend to go gray very quickly as they age.
Now we need a painting to show its ridge along its back.
Geoff

Enug
02-03-2021, 05:54 PM
Maybe it is a Heinze variety - the ears are low slung reminding me of a spaniel and the jowls look like a pointer as Mark suggests.

DarkOwnt
02-05-2021, 06:42 AM
There is a reason why portrait artists fuss over lighting... this is a great example of lighting used to great effect.

I also love how the dog is looking away from the viewer.

Well done.

Enug
02-05-2021, 08:46 AM
Thanks DO - your comments are much appreciated.