PDA

View Full Version : Jack Russell

Enug
01-31-2021, 06:40 PM
This little dog looks like he has so much personality.

Kate12345
02-01-2021, 04:51 AM
Yes indeed. Full of personality which shines through the picture

limey-g
02-01-2021, 07:21 AM
Growing up we use to have one on the farm who loved to chase rabbits.
Your have captured his spirit really well, love it and thanks for the memories

D Akey
02-02-2021, 03:56 AM
Neat-o.

The topmost part of the black nose where it meets the white, is that line naturally angled as in the photo? I have no idea. It might be a natural design thing. My expectation would be that the line would be more straight across parallel to the mouth and eyes, but fur pattern markings can be all over the place and it might be the way this dog looked. But the highlight on the tip of the nose and nostrils seem to angle it high on our right a bit.

Anyway, a very nice painting.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

limey-g
02-02-2021, 05:34 AM
Neat-o.

The topmost part of the black nose where it meets the white, is that line naturally angled as in the photo? I have no idea. It might be a natural design thing. My expectation would be that the line would be more straight across parallel to the mouth and eyes, but fur pattern markings can be all over the place and it might be the way this dog looked. But the highlight on the tip of the nose and nostrils seem to angle it high on our right a bit.

Anyway, a very nice painting.

As many of you know we bred Siberian Huskies for over 30 years so here is a nose from one of our Sibe's they can be quite irregular in shape depending on the dog.
The light area is called a snow nose and common to Sibes in the colder months

D Akey
02-02-2021, 07:33 AM
As many of you know we bred Siberian Huskies for over 30 years so here is a nose from one of our Sibe's they can be quite irregular in shape depending on the dog.
The light area is called a snow nose and common to Sibes in the colder months

Very good news. . . I mean very good nose. Good to know the nose can be varied. Raising huskies, and owning loads of cats. You must be living in a painter's dream come true with no end to models. . . and I suspect you're a wee bit busy come feeding time.

Very cool. Thanks Geoff.

carlcath
02-02-2021, 09:15 AM
I really like the hair. Is that a brush or do you blend a lot?

Enug
02-02-2021, 10:58 AM
Snooter's, Mr.DA you are at it again! :pY Perhaps his right nostril is lower than the left one. Thanks for picking that up.

Enug
02-02-2021, 11:09 AM
I really like the hair. Is that a brush or do you blend a lot?

Thanks Carlcath, A bit of both. I used a custom brush from MarkW.

Enug
02-02-2021, 11:14 AM
Thank you too Geoff for your input.