PDA

View Full Version : Go-Go Godwit

Enug
12-13-2020, 02:44 AM
Go-G0 Godwit is Adelaide's famous migrating bird. He was first banded in 2012 and was spotted this week at a local beach after making his way from the Russian Arctic via China to South Australia. He covers up to 30,000 per trip and is able to fly 11,500km without stopping.

He was spotted in China in 2015 and then not seen again until he arrived at Adelaide's northern beaches in 2018 and each year since.

Oil, ink pen, airbrush and sticker spray.

markw
12-13-2020, 03:03 AM
Interesting one June, nicely done.
I had to lookup Godwit, never heard of them before. A sub species of Sandpiper apparently.

D Akey
12-14-2020, 11:40 AM
Ah, the ol sandpiper Go-Go-Godwit. Looks great.

Did you happen to catch that short animation from Pixar called 'Piper'? If you haven't I know you'd love it. I saw it in theater back in the days of normalcy and it played along with Finding Nemo II. I have to say I liked it way better than the feature so I was caught off guard since I loved the original Finding Nemo so much.

This was on YouTube and the quality looks like somebody grabbed it on their cell phone. But this is the one. See it in good quality if you can. But I'm sure you would be charmed. I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIRXIckfMA

Enug
12-14-2020, 07:19 PM
How sweet! Looks like I'll be spending some time today on YouTube looking watching some of the other short films.