PDA

View Full Version : How do I do a complete UI / Settings reset on ArtRage 6?

emenard
12-01-2020, 10:04 AM
Hello All:

a friend of my used my computer and completely messed up my preferred settings in ArtRage 6 :(
How can I reset the UI and Settings to their factory defaults, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the Program
is it even Possible.

Thanks
Erik

Enug
12-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Hello and welcome Erik.
Does this help?

markw
12-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Hello Erik and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
In addition to June’s suggestions, if you are using AR6, then the file that controls the UI appearance and layout of panels is called ArtRage6.prs.
This file records the state of the UI as it is at the time AR is shutdown.
On a Mac, as I am, then it can be found here: /Users/your name here/Library/Application Support/Ambient Design/ArtRage/ArtRage6.prs
On Windows I believe it is stored in the following location: C:\Users\your name here\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage\ArtRage6.prs
But as I say I’m on a Mac so I can’t check that path.
If you delete the ArtRage6.prs file before starting AR, this will force AR to generate a new one as it starts, effectively resetting the UI to it’s factory settings.

If you keep regular system backups then an alternative is to retrieve a copy of this .prs file from before your friend messed with the UI and replace the current one you have now with that and it will be as if your friend had never messed with the UI!
Once you do have the UI as you like it then shutdown AR and make a copy of the .prs file and keep it someplace safe so should the need arise again you can quickly get the UI back to how you want it.

emenard
12-05-2020, 05:04 AM
Hello Erik and welcome to the ArtRage forums :)
In addition to June’s suggestions, if you are using AR6, then the file that controls the UI appearance and layout of panels is called ArtRage6.prs.
This file records the state of the UI as it is at the time AR is shutdown.
On a Mac, as I am, then it can be found here: /Users/your name here/Library/Application Support/Ambient Design/ArtRage/ArtRage6.prs
On Windows I believe it is stored in the following location: C:\Users\your name here\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage\ArtRage6.prs
But as I say I’m on a Mac so I can’t check that path.
If you delete the ArtRage6.prs file before starting AR, this will force AR to generate a new one as it starts, effectively resetting the UI to it’s factory settings.

If you keep regular system backups then an alternative is to retrieve a copy of this .prs file from before your friend messed with the UI and replace the current one you have now with that and it will be as if your friend had never messed with the UI!
Once you do have the UI as you like it then shutdown AR and make a copy of the .prs file and keep it someplace safe so should the need arise again you can quickly get the UI back to how you want it.

Thank you Very Much that worked Like a Charm :D

Erik