PDA

View Full Version : Colour selection: 2 or 4 colours fading palette

MrZtrax
11-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Hi everybody!

I've a question/suggestion about quick colour selection in a specified range of colours. I couldn't read something about this argument before in this forum.

While painting I'd like to have a colour selection tool when I need to quickly choose in a specified range between 2 colours. For example, choosing between particular red and green tones, a window on the screen with a range like this one:

This is a linear fading, but you could have logarithmic or others, of course.
Then, it could be very useful to have keys (e.g. arrow keys <- / ->) to move within this range, so you can have your left hand working on your keyboard, while the right one holds your pen on the screen.

A possible upgrade could be a 4 colours selection tool, using a square range like this one, where the previous red-green horizontal fade range is placed in the center of the square and each colours is extended vertically to black and white (but even to other colours):

In this case, you could need 4 keys, to move in each direction.

I think it might be useful to have such a quick colour picking tool while you're using your brush, without having to choose using existing colours' palettes, that don't allow you such a feature.

Perhaps it could be created a new colour selection tool, with linear/gaussian/logarithmic/etc. variation between 2 or even 4 user's colours... what do you think about?

Please, forgive me if this argument is not new to this community or if ArtRage already has a feaure like this one I couldn't find.

Thank for you attention

Raf

lebyarules
11-15-2020, 11:07 PM
i think what you are describing is a right handed issue.
most left handed people use their mouse right handed.
i draw with left hand and use mouse in right hand, i never need shortcuts :D
interesting idea. does any other software have it?