PDA

View Full Version : White tiger cub

Enug
10-13-2020, 01:49 AM
I couldn't sleep last night so I painted this. Feeling tired today tho!

markw
10-13-2020, 04:05 AM
It would seem that Hypnos’s loss was our gain then June! Nice one:cool:

D Akey
10-13-2020, 05:39 AM
I love this look, June. It has a controlled, saturated feel, complete with bleeding color marks. It's a super way to integrate the image throughout.

It reminds me of a simple sketch technique taken to a much deeper level. I used to sketch in diners with all kinds of materials, from pencils up to gouache. Sometimes I would take a sable brush and strategically wet a small section of the paper to strategically soften a line with a bit of bleed. I loved the fluidity of that then and now here in your painting but with your painting you've taken it to a more painterly level.

Since you mentioned you did this in lieu of sleep, I can't help but associate it with a dreamlike quality. Like you had one foot in both states of consciousness -- awake enough to move tools, but asleep enough to see this way. It's like this painting is withdrawing into a dream.

Anyway, there are a ton of great things happening paint-wise in this one. You should be really pleased. Now back to bed with you and catch up on your sleep. You've earned it. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Enug
10-13-2020, 04:38 PM
Thanks Mark and DA. Periodically I go thru this sleeping issue. Instead of tossing and turning maybe I should get on the computer. Suggestions have been to get up and do something boring like ironing but painting appeals to me more.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: