PDA

View Full Version : Inn the Old Tavern

jacktar51
10-01-2020, 08:04 AM
The Reason for the black frame around the picture, is so I can put the picture in the centre and still have my Icons on the screen without actually intruding on my desktop picture.. Other than that....I don't have another good excuse... Hope you like the picture, Its meant to be the Tavern owner Getting a hard time from Protection Rouges..!!!,He doesn't have much money though, he's given them a golden guinea but they might say its not enough!!! Yipes!!! Scurvey crew...

eighty+
10-01-2020, 09:46 AM
Hi jack yeah I like the picture but! the only thing wrong is the wall of concrete blocks ok CIAO Ploos

D Akey
10-01-2020, 10:34 AM
Very contemporary, right out of the news these days.

Digital-Seed
10-01-2020, 12:49 PM
Hey Jack. Very interesting scene. I am a huge fan of Patrick O’Brien’s Aubrey–Maturin series, so anything with a nautical vibe I really enjoy.
I would love to be able to draw figures. It is one of my ambitions to learn the techniques needed for drawing figures in different poses.

jacktar51
10-02-2020, 08:35 AM
Hi jack yeah I like the picture but! the only thing wrong is the wall of concrete blocks ok CIAO Ploos

Ok Eighty, I have put a flintstone wall as a background, your quite right about that original background, I thought they look like breeze blocks but I guess I thought no-one would notice, totally wrong look I agree, so....A flintstone wall it is Eighty!!!

Digital-Seed
10-02-2020, 08:39 AM
The new wall really suits the scene far better, it also makes your characters pop :)

jacktar51
10-02-2020, 08:46 AM
Not my best flint wall, I did it in a bit of a hurry and painted it toooo quickly, should have taken more care, and not rushed things, never mind, its very sparce for a cellar, no bottle racks, no extra barrels, no ropes, chains and pipes for the beer, no hammers taps and plugs, so much more could go inn.

D Akey
10-02-2020, 10:51 AM
Dare say that the wall improves it 100 fold. Well spotted and well painted.

jacktar51
10-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Dare say that the wall improves it 100 fold. Well spotted and well painted.

OK I have decided to add stuff now, and as I suspected JPEG has added graininess to the picture, I always try to do each save I do on a picture as PNG to avoid it but it will not load on the artrage site as a PNG, have to change it to JPEG to load it, as I have now done this three times, the original Quality has took a beating (Quite Grainy) my appologies for this......Jack.

eighty+
10-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Yeah jack. Much. Better. More. In keeping. With the time. As l can. Remember. it Well :D:D:D:D:D:

CIAO PLOOS SLAINTE

D Akey
10-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Yeah jack. Much. Better. More. In keeping. With the time. As l can. Remember. it Well :D:D:D:D:D:

CIAO PLOOS SLAINTE

:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::p:p:p:p:p

D Akey
10-03-2020, 03:46 PM
The additional bits like the barrel add a lot of interest and fill up the space. Good going, shipmate!

Ol' MacPloos is absolutely right about it all looking better. Right, so he's a-buyin'. I seem to recall you're a tea-totaler, so drink up. The water's free. Just mind that ye dennay drown in yer teapee, Chief.

kenmo
10-06-2020, 04:24 AM
It reminds me of an old painting and I love the end results!!! Outstanding....

jacktar51
10-06-2020, 09:56 AM
It reminds me of an old painting and I love the end results!!! Outstanding....

Thanks Kenmo, nice to see you on here...I am just posting the last picture, with a few small additions and a bit of tidying up degraining a bit and so on, I could carryon adding stuff but I don't think there is much point now, happy that I did the extra bits though, it was fun doing it and I do like detailing so that doesn't put me off....Thanks for your reply though...Jack.

D Akey
10-06-2020, 05:30 PM
The improvement is quite apparent, Jack. Each added item gives the viewer a potential element with which to have the characters interact in the viewer's mind. So you're basically adding story and implying there's a whole lot more to their world past the boundaries of the frame which is more convincing they're dynamic characters in a real world.

Good stuff.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

jacktar51
10-06-2020, 09:10 PM
The improvement is quite apparent, Jack. Each added item gives the viewer a potential element with which to have the characters interact in the viewer's mind. So you're basically adding story and implying there's a whole lot more to their world past the boundaries of the frame which is more convincing they're dynamic characters in a real world.

Good stuff.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks D, your comments are always appreciated , makes me pay more attention to what I'm doing, gets me concentrating more on the scene and what the scene shows, but how else can we compete against professional rendering, other than improve our own rendering?.. Something I'm working on....Thanks D for your assistance in this.... Jack.